Author Topic: _FANalysis: Bohled Over  (Read 5622 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
_FANalysis: Bohled Over
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: _FANalysis: Bohled Over
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
do we win in this fanalysis scenario?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »
Love these.   :thumbs:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
do we win in this fanalysis scenario?

If we had been able to run the ball I think we win the game comfortably. I will give the obligatory credit to NDSU because they were very good defensively, but we should have been able to run the ball much better no matter who was the quarterback. It was frustrating to rewatch and see how many missed blocks we had, just terrible execution.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
On K-State’s first 4 run calls of the game, 2 K-State blockers on each play completely missed their blocks. The problem was it wasn’t just one position with mistakes; offensive linemen, tight ends, and receivers all contributed. Hubert simply had no chance and as a result gained 2 yards on those 4 snaps.

We expect that to be fixed right? RIGHT? The missed blocks killed us

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »
One positive was that 2 back/2 receiver formations were pretty successful overall; gaining 149 yards on 19 plays for 7.8 yards per snap. However, the running game with 2 back sets was awful, gaining only 26 yards on 11 runs, good for 2.4 yards per carry. By comparison, the running game out of 1 back sets was slightly better; gaining 22 yards, but only on 6 carries (3.7 per). In the passing game, 1 back formations gained 135 yards on 18 snaps (7.5 yards per). One conclusion from this is pretty simple (as well as from watching the video); against 2 back sets NDSU loaded the box and brought pressure. If you watch the safeties, one or both was very quick on run reads, stacking in the box as soon as he saw run.
How do you see Gronk being used, going forward? He looks so dashing in a purple uni.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 10:39:10 AM »
One positive was that 2 back/2 receiver formations were pretty successful overall; gaining 149 yards on 19 plays for 7.8 yards per snap. However, the running game with 2 back sets was awful, gaining only 26 yards on 11 runs, good for 2.4 yards per carry. By comparison, the running game out of 1 back sets was slightly better; gaining 22 yards, but only on 6 carries (3.7 per). In the passing game, 1 back formations gained 135 yards on 18 snaps (7.5 yards per). One conclusion from this is pretty simple (as well as from watching the video); against 2 back sets NDSU loaded the box and brought pressure. If you watch the safeties, one or both was very quick on run reads, stacking in the box as soon as he saw run.
How do you see Gronk being used, going forward? He looks so dashing in a purple uni.

At this point a lot like Snyder has always used full backs. He did okay in his first game, but seemed a little tentative blocking. I think he'll get better as he gets more comfortable as the starter. He did seem to release more on pass routes than Wilson did, but that was the only difference I noticed.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »

FAN, did you include Sams 17 yards run in the 6 for 22?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »

FAN, did you include Sams 17 yards run in the 6 for 22?

Good point, yes I did.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »
good stuff _FAN, hopefully our offensive issues get fixed, because our defensive ceiling appears to be pretty low
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
Gee I wonder where his info will come from? Where could he have possibly been "digging up some eye opening stats"?

Ryan Wallace @call_me_WALLACE
Digging up some eye opening stats on K-State's offense of late. Stay tuned for the video to come at @GoPowercat ... You may be surprised.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
good stuff _FAN, hopefully our offensive issues get fixed, because our defensive ceiling appears to be pretty low
oh yeah, well your posting ceiling appears to be pretty low

boom, roasted

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
oh yeah, well your posting ceiling appears to be pretty low

boom, roasted

eff!
emaw

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »
Thanks _fan

A big contributor to K-State’s lack of running game was the fact that NDSU set the tone in the first half in stopping the run. On K-State’s first 4 run calls of the game, 2 K-State blockers on each play completely missed their blocks.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:43:16 PM »
_Fan, any chance you think we see another back pick up a few carries going forward? A lot of people talking about how Klein opened things up for Hubert last year, but Pease was pretty darn important too as a change of pace.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:41 PM »
Fan- which 2 linemen were the worst? I want to watch them closely on the first few snaps this week.

Gonna win 'em all!

catzacker

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
Fan- which 2 linemen were the worst? I want to watch them closely on the first few snaps this week.

Gonna win 'em all!

I would imagine one of them was keenan.  I just seemed like he was getting his ass beat on a consistent basis run blocking. 

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »
_Fan, any chance you think we see another back pick up a few carries going forward? A lot of people talking about how Klein opened things up for Hubert last year, but Pease was pretty darn important too as a change of pace.
Old mother hubert and only rose is left in the cupboard

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
Need Demarcus Robinson to step up... he's nearly 20 lbs heavier than Hubert!

Also, we have no RBs taller than 5'11"  :surprised:

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:16 AM »
Need Demarcus Robinson to step up... he's nearly 20 lbs heavier than Hubert!

Also, we have no RBs taller than 5'11"  :surprised:

short RBs are the stuff, big RBs just fall over a lot
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:11 AM »

I'm hopeful that we can get a bigger back (Leverett) some snaps in addition to Hubert. I get the concerns about Hubert and agree with some, but I don't think a different back would've made much of a difference on 90% of our run calls.

Also, we ran only 1 true option play the entire game (a few power plays had read action), so we didn't really threaten the defense with option football.

Rooks and McDonald struggled the most.