Author Topic: Willie Skits  (Read 40045 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Skits
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »
The fake 'eer seemed to be lol'n when he walked off.

But if this leads to them getting more out of the pregame creative process than a mascot tackling fake mascot, that's good. 

On the rare times I go in, I don't go in on time for this anyway.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
Who is in this early?

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »
While I agree that the skit has gotten a bit lame and repetitive, I don't think it should be outright banned for all eternity due to this incident.  If they do it occasionally, I am cool with that, but the guy playing Willie needs to be properly trained and not hit the guy running full bore like that.  I don't recall Willie tackles in the past being that vicious.  It does not have to be a full speed hit to get the point across to the crowd.  That should be the lesson learned, and proper training and technique would fix that.  But just to ban it forever seems a bit too kneejerk to me.  If banning it would cause them to get more creative and have better skits, that would be one thing, but I would not hold my breath on that. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:57:40 PM by kst8cat »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »
Hey!

Ho!

The skit has got to go!

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
Who is in this early?

Gooch and Metalhead because they weren't at the tailgate  :curse:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »
While I agree that the skit has gotten a bit lame and repetitive, I don't think it should be outright banned for all eternity due to this incident.  If they do it occasionally, I am cool with that, but the guy playing Willie needs to be properly trained and not hit the guy running full bore like that.  I don't recall Willie tackles in the past being that vicious.  It does not have to be a full speed hit to get the point across to the crowd.  That should be the lesson learned, and proper training and technique would fix that.  But just to ban it forever seems a bit too kneejerk to me.  If banning it would cause them to get more creative and have better skits, that would be one thing, but I would not hold my breath on that.
Yes, great idea, they need to put nice soft fluffy pillows taped to the guy that Willie tackles.  Yes, that's the ticket.  :buh-bye:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2013, 11:11:44 PM »
Yes, great idea, they need to put nice soft fluffy pillows taped to the guy that Willie tackles.  Yes, that's the ticket.  :buh-bye:

I never said that, dumbass.  Quit putting words in my mouth. 

The Big Train

« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
Who is in this early?

Gooch and Metalhead because they weren't at the tailgate  :curse:

text me next time, dummy. we got invited to another tailgate. you missed cinnamon roll wrapped sausage links, was weird, but tasted okay.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »
A lot to think about in this thread. When the thinking is done, discontinue the predictable and monotonous ending to these "skits." We know what happens at the end. Let's have some creativity. Not injuries.

If that's not enough, too many posters on the scout board thought the skit was cool, injury and all, and blamed the Willie who got hurt. We're not the scout board.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »
I kind of actually like the idea of visiting mascot being a psychiatrist and analyzing Wille's bizarre tendencies. Then Willie kind of goes crazy and pulls out a baseball bat (A BLOW UP BAT, NOT A REAL ONE!) and then beats the mascot about the head and shoulders for 30 minutes or so. There could be flash backs on the video boards to Willie being a bad ass.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
i would like to see willie depants the enemy fan. just run up and boom no draws.

he could get creative too like sneak up on the iowan and cut his overall straps with giant scissor.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
i would like to see willie depants the enemy fan. just run up and boom no draws.

he could get creative too like sneak up on the iowan and cut his overall straps with giant scissor.
depants one week, atomic wedgie the next.

might need a new thread for skit ideas?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Would be better if Willie just had a DJamer stage at center field during warm ups and mixed all the songs that ppl would actually like to hear right now, other than Right Now.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »
Would be better if Willie just had a DJamer stage at center field during warm ups and mixed all the songs that ppl would actually like to hear right now, other than Right Now.

He could practice on TT. 
@mikec2w

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
I think this is a perfect time to migrate away from this skit.. Everyone can agree that no one wants to see a kid seizure before a football game it really kills an atmosphere as we saw Saturday.

Personally I think this is a perfect opportunity to migrate from this skit to a Willie SWP skit before every game. Picture Willie dancing and weaving through the band and line of cheerleaders, ending up in the middle of the powercat. The whole time the crowd is jumping and dancing around singing along. Finally Willie pours a full bottle of wine down his mouth and down his chest everyone screaming STAAAAAARRRRRTTTTT WEAAARRRRRINNNNG Da PURRRPPPLE FOOOOOOOORRRRRR MEEEEEE NOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. ANNNNNDDDDD HEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEE COMMMEEEE THE CAAAAAAAATTTTTTSSSSS!!!!! Music straight into the fight song.

Would be epic in my opinion.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »
I think this is a perfect time to migrate away from this skit.. Everyone can agree that no one wants to see a kid seizure before a football game it really kills an atmosphere as we saw Saturday.

Personally I think this is a perfect opportunity to migrate from this skit to a Willie SWP skit before every game. Picture Willie dancing and weaving through the band and line of cheerleaders, ending up in the middle of the powercat. The whole time the crowd is jumping and dancing around singing along. Finally Willie pours a full bottle of wine down his mouth and down his chest everyone screaming STAAAAAARRRRRTTTTT WEAAARRRRRINNNNG Da PURRRPPPLE FOOOOOOOORRRRRR MEEEEEE NOOOOOOOWWWWWWW. ANNNNNDDDDD HEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEE COMMMEEEE THE CAAAAAAAATTTTTTSSSSS!!!!! Music straight into the fight song.

then willie stone cold stunner's a paper mache effigy of the other team's head coach and we do a ksu qatz cheer.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/2013/10/29/student-injured-in-pregame-skit-briefly-hospitalized/

A member of the K-State cheer team was injured in a football pregame skit Saturday before the Wildcats took the field against the West Virginia Mountaineers. The skit, a longstanding tradition at K-State home games, involves a cheer team member dressed in the opposing team’s gear being tackled at midfield by Willie the Wildcat.

The student ran to midfield where Willie tackled him at full speed. The student began exhibiting seizure-like symptoms immediately after ground impact, but was not noticed by medical personnel for several moments due to the nature of the skit. Trainers on the West Virginia sideline were the first to respond.

Eventually, the student walked off the field with some assistance from trainers. He was secured onto a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance to a standing ovation from the ICAT student section. A statement released by Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Kenny Lannou said the student was taken to Mercy Regional Health Center, where he was evaluated and released.

“As a result, the Athletics Department is reviewing the practice of mascot skits and will determine the appropriate course of action going forward,” the press release said.

Lannou would not divulge the name of the student, but confirmed that there were no guarantees that the pregame skits would continue.

“Everything is being considered,” Lannou said.

Head cheerleading coach, Dannielle Ruoff, was not available for comment.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/2013/10/29/student-injured-in-pregame-skit-briefly-hospitalized/

A member of the K-State cheer team was injured in a football pregame skit Saturday before the Wildcats took the field against the West Virginia Mountaineers. The skit, a longstanding tradition at K-State home games, involves a cheer team member dressed in the opposing team’s gear being tackled at midfield by Willie the Wildcat.

The student ran to midfield where Willie tackled him at full speed. The student began exhibiting seizure-like symptoms immediately after ground impact, but was not noticed by medical personnel for several moments due to the nature of the skit. Trainers on the West Virginia sideline were the first to respond.

Eventually, the student walked off the field with some assistance from trainers. He was secured onto a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance to a standing ovation from the ICAT student section. A statement released by Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Kenny Lannou said the student was taken to Mercy Regional Health Center, where he was evaluated and released.

“As a result, the Athletics Department is reviewing the practice of mascot skits and will determine the appropriate course of action going forward,” the press release said.

Lannou would not divulge the name of the student, but confirmed that there were no guarantees that the pregame skits would continue.

Dannielle Ruoff should be sued for showing a lack of creativity with the skits

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

Oddly singled out the ICAT section here...

Offline detch23

• Fan
  • My Dire Wolf's name is Willie
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

then willie stone cold stunner's a paper mache effigy of the other team's head coach and we do a ksu qatz cheer.

YEP :party:

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2013, 01:35:32 PM »

Best seat in the house folks :dubious:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »

Yeah, weren't they and everyone else already standing :dunno: