Author Topic: Willie Skits  (Read 40042 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Skits
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »
just reading the last page of this thread and literally --->>>  :facepalm:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
Am I the only one offended by how that video was edited for the Mercury website?  The slow mo replay with the low scratchy audio just like  a You Tube vid of someone getting posterized? I know it's obviously going to draw a ton of hits, but WTF is up with Manhattan Mercury?  Is making some Quick Silver more important than basic human decency?

its a news site.

Also, this thread sucks.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kelsey_Grammar

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
WTF is up with Manhattan Mercury?  Is making some Quick Silver more important than basic human decency?

I believe that is a fantastic pun.  Please disregard my signature...
Perhaps next time you won't be so careless...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
I have completely lost what is being debated here.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2013, 07:13:44 PM »

Obamacare

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

Me too, I have no idea what the eff this thread turned into.  Look guys, we own this blog, but it doesn't make us have to read it.   I remember when we were young up and comers, Limestone...we used to police ourselves.  Oh well.  It was a different time. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »
2 bones. bring. it. on.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:14 PM »
Can't wait to see some video of these idiots.  Would have been way more hilarious if it was Willie that got hurt.

http://themercury.com/k-state

there you go, man! i hope it's as hilarious as you imagined!

Thanks!  Better than Jackass!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »

Me too, I have no idea what the eff this thread turned into.  Look guys, we own this blog, but it doesn't make us have to read it.   I remember when we were young up and comers, Limestone...we used to police ourselves.  Oh well.  It was a different time.

Blogs have changed a lot Pete, maybe we are dinosaurs of the blog world.  Back in the day though, we were lords of our realm man.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
I think some people were saying that maybe we should tone it down with the Willie spears (on account of the seizures) and others are saying that if a kid wants to get speared at midfield, the university should allow it (so as to avoid the pussification of america).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
I think some people were saying that maybe we should tone it down with the Willie spears (on account of the seizures) and others are saying that if a kid wants to get speared at midfield, the university should allow it (so as to avoid the pussification of america).

It doesn't really matter what we think.  The skits will continue, the spearing will not.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »
why are we calling it a spear?

More to the point, that video is really rough ridin' disturbing.  Its amazing to see how the human body reacts to catastrophic events.  I would be in favor of getting back to older skids with more story behind them and better outfits which could include safety precautions instead of Willie tackling a guy in shorts and a shitty t-shirt. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »

It doesn't really matter what we think.  The skits will continue, the spearing will not.

Well, then Obama wins, I guess.

But where does that really leave us?  Guys having sex with other guys at BSFS in the larger, more accommodating handicapped stalls? Probably.    Am I OK with that?  $20 is $20 is all I am saying.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
why are we calling it a spear?

More to the point, that video is really rough ridin' disturbing.  Its amazing to see how the human body reacts to catastrophic events.  I would be in favor of getting back to older skids with more story behind them and better outfits which could include safety precautions instead of Willie tackling a guy in shorts and a shitty t-shirt.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the term "spear" is being used.  Spearing is tackling with the crown of your helmet.

I'm sure these tackles from Willie to "mascot" are practiced quite a bit, just probably not full speed. These guys aren't surprised by the event and I'm sure they even work on how to take it without being hurt.

That said, it still is real contact and can hurt. Honestly, my initial thought was not a concussion and I'm still not sure it's a concussion. I've never seen or heard of a concussion causing a seizure. But something else could have from the event, I'm sure we'll find out.

This will likely put an end to Willie tackles, and I understand. It was scary to see the kid convulsing on the field.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »
Do others schools mascots do spearing? Has Willie ruined it for everyone  :ohno:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2013, 08:14:42 PM »
i emailed currie to state that i will be canceling my season tickets if the skits continue.  we'll see if he listens.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2013, 08:21:43 PM »
Honestly, my initial thought was not a concussion and I'm still not sure it's a concussion. I've never seen or heard of a concussion causing a seizure. But something else could have from the event, I'm sure we'll find out.

Not his first seizure.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
This thread makes me want to fight shellshock and beat his ass until he seizes
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »

99% of us know this, not sure why I spent so much time debating morons. Sorry everyone.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2013, 09:06:17 PM »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
I don't normally get squeamish about stuff like that, but it was scary, easily the scariest thing I've seen at a sporting event. I think it was scarier because the guy isn't playing, you're so ill-prepared to see something like that from a skit. He was just seizing there all by himself it seemed like he was there alone for a very long time.
this was my reaction exactly.  I told my buddy right when he got hit that I thought he might really be hurt the way his head bounced off the turf.  then his arm went up and I knew he was out cold.  I got more and more anxious the longer he just laid there with nobody coming out to check on him.  it was just really uncomfortable.

also shame on you for continuing to argue with these dumbfucks for like 5 pages.  it's beneath you.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »
Random Comments

1. Willies are volunteers (I assume they get a scholarship but it is still optional) and getting tackled is a volunteer mission (if it isn't we are freaking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)).

2. The viciousness of the tackled can be reduced dramatically. You don't have to get 30-40 yards of momentum and the victim can try to protect themselves a little bit. Running away from Willie would make the tackle significantly less painful (but still potentially painful)

We could try to do other badass things besides just tackling. Willie could throw a fake punch and knock the guy out or they could have a duel with those big sticks from American Gladiators

3. That type of seizure injury could happen on the football field at virtually anytime. Kip Daily got whacked pretty good a few weeks ago. To say that another random K-State student is better than Kip Daily is silly in its own way. My brother got multiple concussions from playing football in High School games and sandlot games (he kept playing, wanted to).

4. Cheerleaders, Coaches, and Referees put themselves at risk. A cheerleader at my high school fell from the top of a pyramid and was paralyzed from the waist down (that particular set is now banned in Kansas High Schools but is much less dangerous than many of the stunts our K-State Cheerleaders do). Sean Payton had a serious injury when he didn't get out of the way of a player that went out of bounds in 2011. LHC Bill Snyder has the same risks except greater due to decreased mobility.

5. In general the most dangerous thing we do is drive and it is not even really close. Also for every fatality caused by drunk driving there are many more that are just because people can't drive or are unlucky (deer, hit by someone else, or even fall asleep).

6. If you are morally against something like Contact sports, you probably shouldn't support them by coming to a Football blog, going to games and you certainly shouldn't spend cash to support the activity.

My conclusion is America is full of wussies and hypocrites and it is getting worse every year. Ban  Skydiving, Boats, Cars, Trains, Basketball, Football, Soccer, everything.

We constantly buy things that put people in greater harms way than the Willie Skit or football in general.  Blood Diamonds, Arctic Crab fishing, anything that is shipped by truck, many types of mining, and hundreds if not thousands more jobs.

The safest speed is 0 mph and that is way to damn slow.
Well spoken my friend.  :cheers:  I couldn't have said it better and if I tried, some bad person would post some stupid rough ridin' thing like "katdaddy post".  Kids now days are a bunch of overprotected momma's babies.  :pix_martin:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »

99% of us know this, not sure why I spent so much time debating morons. Sorry everyone.
i had fun fighting alongside you, MIR.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
katdaddy post