Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3295172 times)

meow meow and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #3050 on: November 19, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
Dr. J on K-State msg boards: "You can't find a board anywhere where there isn't anymore then just 20 resident posters talking back and forth. It's like a ghost town out there. The phog is so awesome!"

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 19, 2013, 11:20:53 AM »
Dax I'm not sure what you did to Dr. J, but he seems to constantly glance over his shoulder.

The Endowment ignorance really gets me.  KU has a great endowment....nobody is arguing that.  What some of the fans over there do not understand is that money is not going to be given to the Athletic Department, and is not associated with the Athletic Department unless specific donations delegate a percentage to the Athletic Department.  KU has a lot of Graduate colleges (Pharmacy, Med, and Law to name a few).  Many of the students who attended those specific colleges did not attend KU undergrad (note:  KU Law Spring class of 2013 had just as many or more K-State undergrads than KU) - thus do not have a strong connection with the Athletic Program.  When alumni from those specific Colleges donate, they will donate to the college itself with no interest in giving to an athletic department they do not support.  Additionally, if percentages are delegated to the Athletic Program, it is probably tagged with a specific sport (I.E. basketball).  I'm sure it is difficult to get a non-KU undergrad alum to donate money towards KU football. 

Now could the KU Endowment loan the Athletic Department money?  Absolutely.  However that could piss off a lot of Med school grads who find their donations would be better served for important medical research. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 19, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
Since I know they're lurking and humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. J has accused every K-State fan over there of being my sock, and also since they've managed to conjure up some weird conspiracy while co-mingling endowment with capital project giving per usual.   

Here's (below) where you can find the latest as to what ku is telling the KBOR about their stadium renovations.   As I've said 50 times before, this is all subject to change, and since some of them don't get it, these lists always include recently completed projects (possibly because contractors have not closed out some punch list items).   The KBOR reviews/revises/amends their capital projects master lists multiple times throughout the year.   Schools can ask the KBOR to amend the capital projects list as long as they get it on the agenda at any KBOR meeting.    Also, if projects are going to spread out over multiple years, than the estimated costs of the project are usually spread out over multiple years, not a construction expert but from what I do know, most contractors want a progressive payment schedule. 

And yes, this is exactly how gov't entities operate, if I'm not mistaken there's at least 1 if not several legislative committees and possibly the full legislature that have to bless these projects as well.   Typically a rubber stamp, if it has to happen.   Yes, sometimes even if all private funds are used, they're building on state property and when the project is done ku athletics (like K-State athletics) will have to transfer the building over to the State of Kansas.   So, you just don't get to show up one day and start building whatever on state property.   There's a process.

:tsc love to one and all, even humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. J and the other merry band of perpetually angry ku fans who are sometimes in residence on this board.

https://kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/2692-AgendaNov20-21,2013Finalreader.pdf

If they're nice, I'll show them some other cool stuff, that will help answer some questions, so they don't have to conjure up anymore idiotic conspiracies.
good stuff.........why do the phog tucks think that they can just pull $150 million and build a stadium from the total endowment number ? .........dax, what is the athletic endowment number at KU (or should I say targeted funds) that could be used for facilities ?
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 19, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
Masters in Geography?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 19, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
Quote from: beems
You've gotta love when fans of the poorest and least successful school in the Big 12 try to claim that someone else is too poor to invest in something.  These 'taters are simply regurgitating all of the tired, played out talking points they see every day on goEMAW.  The only reason Memorial Stadium isn't already undergoing construction is because the Rock Chalk Sports Park isn't finished yet.  Once the sports park is completed, KU will announce a plan for phase 1 construction of Memorial, and it will put the SS EMAW Carnival Cruise Ship to shame.

guys, I think he might actually believe this.   :frown:
emaw

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 19, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
You've gotta love when fans of the poorest and least successful school in the Big 12 try to claim that someone else is too poor to invest in something.  These 'taters are simply regurgitating all of the tired, played out talking points they see every day on goEMAW.  The only reason Memorial Stadium isn't already undergoing construction is because the Rock Chalk Sports Park isn't finished yet.  Once the sports park is completed, KU will announce a plan for phase 1 construction of Memorial, and it will put the SS EMAW Carnival Cruise Ship to shame.

:lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
Many of the students who attended those specific colleges did not attend KU undergrad (note:  KU Law Spring class of 2013 had just as many or more K-State undergrads than KU)

my fiancee's DPT class at kumed had the same number of KSU grads as KU.  there are a ton of nurses with KSU undergrad degrees as well.  and from what I understand, more KSU pre-med undergrads get into the MD program than KU pre-med undergrads.
emaw

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »
correct me if im wrong but didnt we build like 4 buildings and a rowing center while we were doing construction on our castle? What is the wait???

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »
correct me if im wrong but didnt we build like 4 buildings and a rowing center while we were doing construction on our castle? What is the wait???

I assume the endowment just takes a year or six to disperse funds
emaw

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
Would not be surprised to see KU attempt a lease-buyback agreement on stadium improvements.  Question is, where would they get the suckers, or would they have to pay an exorbitant rate of interest?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »

the wait is that those mouth breathers couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time, so how do you expect them to manage two different job sites? you don't. you just pat them on the head and say "there, there" and "good job/nice effort".
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:30:29 PM by rick daris »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 19, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Is that one park thing like right next to the stadium?  I mean, a football stadium is very small and tight to start with.  There is pretty much no way that they could work on a project as tight and super intensive as a park and still find room for material storage, staging, and coordination on something as space limited as a football stadium. 

Also, football stadium renovations go super fast, so if the park is immediately next door, you have to make sure it is done because once you start a football stadium renovation, it moves like wild fire and will consume any activity near.  It's not like you can start on one side and work your way around. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 19, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »

he's so adorable.. keep puffing out your chest beems

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 19, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »
Since I know they're lurking and humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. J has accused every K-State fan over there of being my sock, and also since they've managed to conjure up some weird conspiracy while co-mingling endowment with capital project giving per usual.   

Here's (below) where you can find the latest as to what ku is telling the KBOR about their stadium renovations.   As I've said 50 times before, this is all subject to change, and since some of them don't get it, these lists always include recently completed projects (possibly because contractors have not closed out some punch list items).   The KBOR reviews/revises/amends their capital projects master lists multiple times throughout the year.   Schools can ask the KBOR to amend the capital projects list as long as they get it on the agenda at any KBOR meeting.    Also, if projects are going to spread out over multiple years, than the estimated costs of the project are usually spread out over multiple years, not a construction expert but from what I do know, most contractors want a progressive payment schedule. 

And yes, this is exactly how gov't entities operate, if I'm not mistaken there's at least 1 if not several legislative committees and possibly the full legislature that have to bless these projects as well.   Typically a rubber stamp, if it has to happen.   Yes, sometimes even if all private funds are used, they're building on state property and when the project is done ku athletics (like K-State athletics) will have to transfer the building over to the State of Kansas.   So, you just don't get to show up one day and start building whatever on state property.   There's a process.

:tsc love to one and all, even humorless psycho/sociopath Dr. J and the other merry band of perpetually angry ku fans who are sometimes in residence on this board.

https://kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/2692-AgendaNov20-21,2013Finalreader.pdf

If they're nice, I'll show them some other cool stuff, that will help answer some questions, so they don't have to conjure up anymore idiotic conspiracies.
good stuff.........why do the phog tucks think that they can just pull $150 million and build a stadium from the total endowment number ? .........dax, what is the athletic endowment number at KU (or should I say targeted funds) that could be used for facilities ?

I think ku athletics has about a $40 million dollar permanent endowment.

Anything can happen, but from what I've seen, it would be a bit unusual for an endowment operating under the umbrella of the university to loan or just give an athletic department $150 million.   Now, somebody could come along and plunk down $150 million and tell the endowment to do whatever they want with it.   But who knows, you can conjure up all kinds of schemes and if you get the right people to approve  :dunno:

Oh, and I'm not saying I'm completely right on all this wonk stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the ball park. 

Offline RONE

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
I was hoping someone would have video of KU tearing down their goal post after the win this weekend.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 19, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »
I was hoping someone would have video of KU tearing down their goal post after the win this weekend.

Pics and more here: http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=29879.0

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 19, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »
Trolling right?

False.  KU has a better and more modern football complex, and unlike K-State, we didn't have one of the smallest and shittiest press boxes in the Big 12 up until 2013.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 19, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »
Trolling or absolute delusion.  Take your pick.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 19, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
 :love:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 19, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
If we ever get the lazy river installed around the field, we can let the squawks keep their whistle.  We'll blow this mother after we score Cats TDs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 19, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
:love:

they love this shop.  I call it the SS Jealousy.
emaw

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 19, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 19, 2013, 01:41:19 PM »

How are we the poorest Big 12 school when our AD is one of the most profitabe in the country?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »

How are we the poorest Big 12 school when our AD is one of the most profitabe in the country?

Endowment tho.....cause they are not separate entities or anything....