Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3296725 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #1675 on: October 16, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »
Tim just doesn't know much about football

can you blame him?  it's institutional

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 16, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
 :emawkid:

why would I study up on gay state fball?
everyone is jealous

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 16, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »
he turned the k into a gay!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 16, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »
FYI:  spracne is a steve dave sock, you miserable rubes.

The Big Train

« Reply #1679 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »

:Wha:

The Big Train

« Reply #1680 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »

If I was a KU fan I wouldn't know, or study much about football either. When you have a 23 game conference losing streak, waste of time, you know?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:04 PM »

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »

:Yikes:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »

Why would you post non stop on a kstate football board

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:20 PM »

:opcat:
@mikec2w

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »

Why would you post non stop on a kstate football board

because it's entertainment
everyone is jealous

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 16, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
Holy cow. Iowa State and KU are both set to move past us in all time losses in the next 5 years or so. Who will we be then? It's like part of our identity will be gone.

They will be down to "You're coach is going to die someday" and "Orange Bowl" as talking points.

Once the BCS is done the Orange Bowl is inferior to our 2 Fiestas

You mean 3 Fiestas, right?

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 16, 2013, 10:58:55 PM »
Holy cow. Iowa State and KU are both set to move past us in all time losses in the next 5 years or so. Who will we be then? It's like part of our identity will be gone.

They will be down to "You're coach is going to die someday" and "Orange Bowl" as talking points.

Once the BCS is done the Orange Bowl is inferior to our 2 Fiestas

You mean 3 Fiestas, right?

According to KU fans, the Fiesta we won in '97 does not count because it was the year before the BCS started.  Nevermind that it was an Alliance bowl and harder to qualify for than the BCS is now. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 16, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »

Poor guy's not a mod  :ROFL:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:24 AM »
not steve dave. sd goes to bed at 9:15 every night.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:43 AM »
not steve dave. sd goes to bed at 9:15 every night.

ever seen the prestige?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 17, 2013, 01:12:08 AM »
yeah at this point i don't understand how KU kids could talk bad about RP. 

it's pretty funny to hear KU kids say "well the hawks may be bad, but K-State will be really bad when OBz retires because hey just look at what Ron Prince did!"  Well Ron won more games in a single year than KU won during the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons combined.  Even during Prince's worst season, he still won 5 games.

Also, it's important to remember that Prince was, by all accounts, completely incompetent, but yet, he still bumbled his way into 5 wins at K-State. 

If anything, the Prince era should give confidence to K-Staters nervous about the Post Snyder days.  We can look East with relief and know that, even with Ron Prince, it will never be as bad as any one of the past 3 seasons the Jayhawks have suffered through.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 17, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
Beems, you surely have to understand that comparing ancient football history with the present college football landscape is pretty disingenuous...right? I mean, K-State gave less than zero shits about football until Wefald got into town. I'm pretty sure we were purposefully sabotaging our football program so that basketball would remain the number one game in town. As compared to KU right now, you guys are trying as hard as you rough ridin' can to be relevant, and you've still worn a giant clown suit for the last three years (actually outside of a handful of seasons, the same could be said for the last 25 years). Since K-State has started committing resources to football we've been nationally relevant and have knocked your dicks in the dirt on the reg. It's rough ridin' impossible to be as bad as you guys are in the current football climate, but goddammit you did it. Congratulations, you've turned losing into a rough ridin' art form. Cheers rough rider  :cheers:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 17, 2013, 03:22:20 AM »
Beems, you surely have to understand that comparing ancient football history with the present college football landscape is pretty disingenuous...right? I mean, K-State gave less than zero shits about football until Wefald got into town. I'm pretty sure we were purposefully sabotaging our football program so that basketball would remain the number one game in town. As compared to KU right now, you guys are trying as hard as you rough ridin' can to be relevant, and you've still worn a giant clown suit for the last three years (actually outside of a handful of seasons, the same could be said for the last 25 years). Since K-State has started committing resources to football we've been nationally relevant and have knocked your dicks in the dirt on the reg. It's rough ridin' impossible to be as bad as you guys are in the current football climate, but goddammit you did it. Congratulations, you've turned losing into a rough ridin' art form. Cheers rough rider  :cheers:

:lol:
everyone is jealous

The Big Train

« Reply #1694 on: October 17, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »

03:22:20 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: October 17, 2013, 06:44:15 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 17, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »

it's pretty funny to hear KU kids say "well the hawks may be bad, but K-State will be really bad when OBz retires because hey just look at what Ron Prince did!"  Well Ron won more games in a single year than KU won during the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons combined.  Even during Prince's worst season, he still won 5 games.

Also, it's important to remember that Prince was, by all accounts, completely incompetent, but yet, he still bumbled his way into 5 wins at K-State. 

If anything, the Prince era should give confidence to K-Staters nervous about the Post Snyder days.  We can look East with relief and know that, even with Ron Prince, it will never be as bad as any one of the past 3 seasons the Jayhawks have suffered through.

This thread is pretty damn worthless anymore.  However, this is a great post.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 17, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »
Seriously, tho! Tim  & Ben are the weirdest mother fuckers on this board. Both squawks! What is in the water in Lawrence?

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 17, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »

This thread is pretty damn worthless anymore.  However, this is a great post.
Yes.  Also impressive of the fan base to get Ron thrown out in 2.5 seasons when he arguably shouldve gotten a 4th.  Wouldve been bowl eligible all 3 seasons if he didnt over sched in the noncon.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »

Plus, RONSTOMP, bold & daring, scary smart, Football 101, back to back halfback passes(!) and all of the other Ron-isms.  Even going 17-20 was entertaining.

I can't imagine the team to the east is getting much enjoyment at all out of the past few years