Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3304704 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2013, 05:55:53 AM »
My ku bud was telling me what a stud Heaps is, and that they are 5 deep in RB's.  He could not evaluate ku's o-line, though.  Maybe this is important?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2013, 07:03:18 AM »
My ku bud was telling me what a stud Heaps is, and that they are 5 deep in RB's.  He could not evaluate ku's o-line, though.  Maybe this is important?

yeah. Heaps may have been 50%, but there were 5 or 6 dropped balls. Could have been 18 for 20 easy...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08:35 AM »

yeah. Heaps may have been 50%, but there were 5 or 6 dropped balls. Could have been 18 for 20 easy...

any passes at the end of the half or Hail Mary curls?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »

any passes at the end of the half or Hail Mary curls?

mainly dinks and dunks.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »
Based on what I've seen thus far, if ku can't get a conference win this year, they should just shut the program down and do what they should have done a long time ago and blow up Memorial Track-Field and Football Stadium and make it a parking lot.

If the Big 12 has been as "down" as all 8 butthurt ku football fans have said it is over the last couple of years, and they couldn't win a conference game, what's it gonna say this year if they don't pick up a couple of conference wins?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »
KU wins by 2 touchdowns.  No reason they should lose this game.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »
Forget about Rice. KU has that one in the bag. I say they have a 75% chance of getting at least 1 conference win this year (ISU is worse than they are) and a 40% chance of getting 2 or more.

These percentages are pretty much on the money.  I don't think Rice will be a cake walk, though.  We are better but not light-years better than last year, and they beat us at home.  They're better, too.  Would take the money line, still.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:57 AM »
:D Beems has been posting that same claim since Snyder's return. #Adorable

Good luck on beating the cats at home again. This will be your 3rd try in the past four years in Lawrence. :lol: You can't even take advantage of a hand me down from the big fizz.  :ROFL:

Last time KU played K-State in Lawrence with a real coach, we won by 31 points.  I think we've got a pretty good shot to win this year against a team that lost at home to an FCS school, but maybe not.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 13, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »

Good luck on beating the cats at home again. This will be your 3rd try in the past four years in Lawrence. :lol: You can't even take advantage of a hand me down from the big fizz.  :ROFL:

Last time KU played K-State in Lawrence with a real coach, we won by 31 points.  I think we've got a pretty good shot to win this year against a team that lost at home to an FCS school, but maybe not.

I guess this will be the final determination on if Charlie is a "real coach"

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 13, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »

I guess this will be the final determination on if Charlie is a "real coach"

Yeah... if he can't win a couple conference games and stay competitive with K-State this year, I'll officially throw in the towel on ol' Charlie.

catzacker

« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »

I think KU will be better than last year – will be at home – and I don’t think KSU is anything close to what it was last year.   Should be a close game (at a minimum).  And considering that it was a close game at half last year when ksu was at home  and ku was awful, it's not unreasonable to, right now, expect that ku wins that game.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:40 AM »
Kevin Short ruled ineligible.
- chunkles

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Statement From Charlie Weis Regarding Kevin Short
 9/13/2013 | Football

"Late yesterday we received notice from the NCAA that Kevin Short (junior, cornerback) would not be allowed to compete in games this year. Their rationale was that because Kevin has a redshirt year available it would be best spent solidifying his academics. He will still have two years of eligibility remaining after this season."

"We are extremely disappointed with this decision. Kevin's junior college transcript was better than most and indicated no reason to expect anything other than academic success. He was admitted to Kansas as a regular admit with grades and transferable hours exceeding entrance requirements, yet the NCAA ruled to take away competition this year. We asked the NCAA representatives to allow Kevin to speak to them so he could show them how he had overcome adversity in life to become a proud new student, but they rejected that request."

"Although I am disappointed for our team, I am much more concerned for Kevin personally. We discussed the situation with Kevin today and although it was tough to explain the rationale of the NCAA, we are moving forward turning this into a redshirt year focusing on academics."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
Statement From Charlie Weis Regarding Kevin Short
 9/13/2013 | Football

"Late yesterday we received notice from the NCAA that Kevin Short (junior, cornerback) would not be allowed to compete in games this year. Their rationale was that because Kevin has a redshirt year available it would be best spent solidifying his academics. He will still have two years of eligibility remaining after this season."

"We are extremely disappointed with this decision. Kevin's junior college transcript was better than most and indicated no reason to expect anything other than academic success. He was admitted to Kansas as a regular admit with grades and transferable hours exceeding entrance requirements, yet the NCAA ruled to take away competition this year. We asked the NCAA representatives to allow Kevin to speak to them so he could show them how he had overcome adversity in life to become a proud new student, but they rejected that request."

"Although I am disappointed for our team, I am much more concerned for Kevin personally. We discussed the situation with Kevin today and although it was tough to explain the rationale of the NCAA, we are moving forward turning this into a redshirt year focusing on academics."
For Pete's sake, don't say this!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »
Redshirting Short and Jenkins-Moore might end up being a blessing disguise.   

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:46 AM »
lol the NCAA is a joke. if his transcript is ok then what's the deal? i'm sure if he played for one of those SEC schools he would be eligible. or hell, why not make him sit out a half like "johnny football"
everyone is jealous

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2013, 10:42:05 AM »
omg, it's going to be like last year's pile of crap but without hawkinson and mcdougald. LOL

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »

But back then we didn't have a real coach.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 13, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »
I like that Beems is content with "being competitive" against a team that lost to an FCS team at home.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2013, 10:51:24 AM »
lol the NCAA is a joke. if his transcript is ok then what's the deal? i'm sure if he played for one of those SEC schools he would be eligible. or hell, why not make him sit out a half like "johnny football"
The reason he's playing for you is because no SEC school wanted to touch his situation. Talent filters down like this: SEC, Elite schools, BCS school, whoever is paying the most, and then playing time.

In this situation, it's playing time. Unfortunately, he's too dumb to sniff the field.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »

I think KU will be better than last year – will be at home – and I don’t think KSU is anything close to what it was last year.   Should be a close game (at a minimum).  And considering that it was a close game at half last year when ksu was at home  and ku was awful, it's not unreasonable to, right now, expect that ku wins that game.

If I didn't think that there will be more KSU fans in memorial I would agree.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »
my god. can you imagine if prince and gill had been around at the same time?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:45 AM »
The reason he's playing for you is because no SEC school wanted to touch his situation. Talent filters down like this: SEC, Elite schools, BCS school, whoever is paying the most, and then playing time.

In this situation, it's playing time. Unfortunately, he's too dumb to sniff the field.

First of all, you don't know anything about this situation.  Second, Short had offers to multiple BCS schools, including Arkansas.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »

Why would you think this?

:confused:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »

Why would you think this?

:confused:

Last time KSU played in Lawrence there were more Kstate fans than ku fans in that stadium.  So, from having actually seen it?   :dunno: