Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220448 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I kind of dismissed it at first, but Director Goff may be implicated in some of this northwestern stink.

Go on ...

I know this has been a point of paranoia among the message board types, but is there some actual smoke?
It developing into what sounds like an institutional issue makes me think a lawyer may be combing through his emails at some point trying to find out whether Mr. Goff was aware of this stuff.  I don’t think he (or KU) is personally exposed or anything, but he may have his name dragged through the mud if any complaints reached his desk.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
If he could have blown up their old decrypted stadium, it would him gave KU a head start on the rebuilding project.  :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
If he could have blown up their old decrypted stadium, it would him gave KU a head start on the rebuilding project.  :ROFL:

Agreed.  He'd be pushing them one step closer to completing Bill Self Family Stadium!

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
A home made bomb has got to be cheaper than regular demo. Otherwise a lot of these domestic terrorist would likely be priced out of the game.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Someone keep an eye on this kid, nobody wants a repeat of the 2005 OU game.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
What's the skinny on this?  I've heard people say it was a "joke taken way too far" -- anyone have a clue how that exactly works?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I only know what I've seen on batman movies & cartoons

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
What's the skinny on this?  I've heard people say it was a "joke taken way too far" -- anyone have a clue how that exactly works?

I don't understand, he should be proud to not have to play in games with that team.  Frankly, it could ruin his rep.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Top 50% still

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I can't believe it's been over a decade since the start of this thread  :Wha:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
The have a tarp on their stadium now, a la Baylor.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Those are shitty seats, and demolition starts in December. Renderings apparently are being released tomorrow.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i thought they released renderings like a year ago

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
oh so we're changing it from renditions to renderings? you guys are impossible

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is now solidly in power conference for the foreseeable future, they shouldn't waste their money on that football stadium.

Should use every dime of it to renovate the piss barn to bring it into this century.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile

Those are shitty seats, and demolition starts in December. Renderings apparently are being released tomorrow.

KU twitter all horned up for today.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile

KU twitter all horned up for today.

Its pretty easy to get people fired up for just about any rendering because 1. people want to buy in and believe what you are presenting is a big improvement 2. You control the camera, lighting, angles, etc. and aren't completely bound by budget and reality yet so you can make the design as nice as possible (or nicer).

So when they release their renderings today what I'll be looking for to see if it is actually good, or just lens flares and photoshopped crowds over a meh design is:

1. Does it bring new and better basic fan amenities (fix the broken things like non-working toilets, bring new experiences at all price points)
2. Is it something unique to KU or does it look like a rando stadium that could be located anywhere?

The last time they released renderings, the chopped up stadium looked like it could be for any program. Yeah, they had red and blue smoke in a rendering but in real life it would've worked just as well for South Dakota State as KU. You shouldn't need to plaster the colors or logo on the stadium to be able to tell who it is for. EX: the limestone collegiate gothic on the west side of our stadium doesn't work anywhere else like it does for K-State. The last round of their renders didn't tie back to their history or classic bowl design, the campus architecture, that hill they love, or anything that makes a game at KU unique. Will it be more of the same? Guess we will find out today!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Word is lots of limestone (rock chalk) and retaining much of the original coliseum-esque design elements. Bear in mind it will essentially be a complete tear down: (a) tearing down and rebuilding the west side and north bowl after this season, then (b) tearing down and rebuilding the east side after the 2024 season. So, hopefully that means brand new plumbing! Will miss the troughs and piss puddles, though  :frown:

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Limestone is a material, not a design. Plenty of K-Staters get too excited about limestone so I get them leaking that but just saying there is a lot of limestone means nothing.

So is KU going with brick or limestone nowadays?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Limestone is a material, not a design. Plenty of K-Staters get too excited about limestone so I get them leaking that but just saying there is a lot of limestone means nothing.

Did I say limestone was a design? I thought I followed that up with a design. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

Did I say limestone was a design? I thought I followed that up with a design. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

lol fair. I think we will see many people talk about it like it is.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Very interested to see whether this is the design ... More Sydney Opera House than Coliseum.