Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3221833 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #24350 on: November 05, 2022, 07:55:48 PM »
happy for them, 16 years is a long time
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #24351 on: November 05, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »
really need the hawks to beat ut in two weeks, in a game where there are no losers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24352 on: November 06, 2022, 10:13:45 AM »

14 years, but who's counting?

I wish I could bottle this feeling and revisit it whenever I feel sad.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #24353 on: November 06, 2022, 01:39:27 PM »

14 years, but who's counting?

I wish I could bottle this feeling and revisit it whenever I feel sad.

14 years, 16 years, there’s really no way of knowing.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24354 on: November 06, 2022, 02:15:55 PM »
It's difficult for others to understand how good this feels.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24355 on: November 06, 2022, 02:34:03 PM »
Bowls rule, welcome to the party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24356 on: November 06, 2022, 02:51:08 PM »
We all deserve ku v. mu in the bowl

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24357 on: November 06, 2022, 02:57:52 PM »
There's also some speculation KU's bowl could occur about a 4-iron from my door, which would be quite convenient.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24358 on: November 06, 2022, 07:52:54 PM »
I think two big 12 schools make the NY6 and KU ends up at the liberty.
Sugar- Texas
Cotton- TCU
Alamo- Baylor
Cheeze It- K-State
Texas-Oklahoma State
Liberty- Kansas
Guaranteed Rate- Oklahoma

I'm pretty sure about all of these but the last two, they could be swapped. I'm guessing Goff will be aggressive with the bowl reps and those same reps will be scared of OU fans not showing up.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24359 on: November 06, 2022, 09:22:41 PM »
When I'm not passing the bean, I'm passing gas, all thanks to "Serious Beans."

https://twitter.com/MSwain247/status/1589413752092635136?s=20&t=c3rGgQfWwgauTdhNZXk5SQ

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24361 on: November 08, 2022, 10:25:40 AM »
incredible photo

:love:  too bad nobody thought to get a first person POV of that incredible scene

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24362 on: November 08, 2022, 10:32:22 AM »
Hate to see that runoff retention pond abused like that. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24363 on: November 08, 2022, 07:16:53 PM »
i’m shocked that the students didn’t pass right by the pond and take the goalpost to the scrapyard and convert that thing into straight cash

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24364 on: November 08, 2022, 07:40:23 PM »
Do they pull the goal posts out of potter's retention pond the next day or do they just leave them there?

I'm imagining some archeologist stumbling across them in 2000 years and trying to decipher the meaning.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24365 on: November 08, 2022, 09:18:07 PM »
Surely they retrieve them. I mean if they did it after every home win over the last decade then that means

Actually I guess it could go either way

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24366 on: November 08, 2022, 09:52:30 PM »
Do they pull the goal posts out of potter's retention pond the next day or do they just leave them there?

I'm imagining some archeologist stumbling across them in 2000 years and trying to decipher the meaning.

Insert crazy it’s aliens guy here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24367 on: November 08, 2022, 11:58:16 PM »
Surely they retrieve them. I mean if they did it after every home win over the last decade then that means

Actually I guess it could go either way

crap, they pulled them bitches out and called a welder. They have money to save for renovations, who can afford new goal posts when you gotta save 9 figs.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24368 on: November 09, 2022, 09:32:58 AM »
Welders are expensive bro
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24369 on: November 09, 2022, 11:05:25 AM »
wait, they pulled out of the water and tried to reuse?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #24370 on: November 12, 2022, 09:37:12 PM »
Running out of gas.  It's understandable when you're turning things around.  Glad we're playing them at the end of the year .

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24371 on: November 12, 2022, 09:39:09 PM »
Running out of gas.  It's understandable when you're turning things around.  Glad we're playing them at the end of the year .

KU just seems to be a different team on the road. We'll see what they look like when Texas comes to town.

Offline PhoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24372 on: November 13, 2022, 12:05:31 PM »

KU just seems to be a different team on the road. We'll see what they look like when Texas comes to town.

Gonna be much colder for Texas rolls in to Lawrence than it was in Manhattan.  Past history is that Texas will fold their tents in truly cold weather.  if they do not, then that says Sarkisian is doing some serious things right in Austin.

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #24373 on: November 13, 2022, 01:49:28 PM »
With two weeks left to play, every Big XII team is still in play for bowl eligibility.  It would take this rather unlikely 6-way parlay to materialize:
  • Week 12
    • @WVU over KSU
    • @OU over OSU
    • @ISU over TTU
  • Week 13
    • WVU over @OSU
    • @TTU over OU
    • ISU over @TCU
...but what happens if the entire god damned conference qualifies for a bowl game?  We don't have that many bowl agreements, so who gets left out?  For purposes of this maximum chaos exercise, assume Baylor finishes 8-4 with us, OSU and Texas are 7-5, and OU/WVU/ISU/TTU/KU are 6-6.  We defeat TCU in Arlington (of course) to take them out of CFP position.  OU and Texas simply aren't getting skipped, so which bowl is passing over ISU and WVU teams who surged into eligibility in order to snatch up a KU team who went 1-6 down the stretch?  Does their narrative overcome the freefall?  I suspect it comes down to whether there's a basketball game scheduled on the same day.

kono
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:12:27 PM by konofo »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24374 on: November 13, 2022, 02:07:06 PM »
In that unlikely scenario, my guess is KU gets a bid with the anticipation their bowl-starved fans will travel well, but I would have to see how that game schedules against any BB games.