Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3220306 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #23675 on: September 14, 2022, 10:29:47 PM »
I think if Daniels stays healthy they get to 6 wins. I don't think he'll stay healthy though.
https://twitter.com/BryBryStrick/status/1570226122826174465?s=20&t=v05rBB2EO7Sxy82--Dyb0g

Solid misdirection by KU here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ol' BryBry, who once committed a federal crime by hopping a fence to get on the tarmac at Forbes Field (Topeka) when it was rumored a plane carrying Charlie Weis would be landing.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #23676 on: September 14, 2022, 10:46:34 PM »
I think if Daniels stays healthy they get to 6 wins. I don't think he'll stay healthy though.
https://twitter.com/BryBryStrick/status/1570226122826174465?s=20&t=v05rBB2EO7Sxy82--Dyb0g

Good ol' BryBry, who once committed a federal crime by hopping a fence to get on the tarmac at Forbes Field (Topeka) when it was rumored a plane carrying Charlie Weis would be landing.
How is this even a thing?  Is there video of this non sense?  Seems like hopping a fence at an airport controlled by the air national guard would end incredibly bad.

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23677 on: September 14, 2022, 10:55:08 PM »

How is this even a thing?  Is there video of this non sense?  Seems like hopping a fence at an airport controlled by the air national guard would end incredibly bad.

He livestreamed it, lol. Not sure if he got in any more trouble than a stern talkin' to, though.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23678 on: September 15, 2022, 11:01:20 AM »

How is this even a thing?  Is there video of this non sense?  Seems like hopping a fence at an airport controlled by the air national guard would end incredibly bad exactly as people would expect.

But unfortunately, it did not.

We'll see what happens this weekend, but I think Houston is going to bring our hopeful brethren back to reality. They're definitely better than in years past, but I'm not seeing a bowl contender just yet.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23679 on: September 15, 2022, 05:16:30 PM »
I just (kinda) hope that this doesn't turn into another RockChalk Thirty Fifty Year Lease Park, or one of those weird financing amalgamations that KU has put together in the past (to build mediocre buildings).

https://m.kusports.com/news/2022/sep/15/girod-envisions-convention-center-hotel-possibly-m/?templates=mobile

While it certainly could happen . . . but until it does I'm rolling with:  I was told Cliff or someone similar was just going to dig around in their couch for some loose change to pay for the whole thing

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23680 on: September 15, 2022, 05:26:29 PM »
I just (kinda) hope that this doesn't turn into another RockChalk Thirty Fifty Year Lease Park, or one of those weird financing amalgamations that KU has put together in the past (to build mediocre buildings).

https://m.kusports.com/news/2022/sep/15/girod-envisions-convention-center-hotel-possibly-m/?templates=mobile

While it certainly could happen . . . but until it does I'm rolling with:  I was told Cliff or someone similar was just going to dig around in their couch for some loose change to pay for the whole thing
I have one word for you, Mr. skeptical hippo. “Endowment Fund”

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23681 on: September 15, 2022, 07:07:13 PM »

There is nothing in there about actual stadium plans though.  Is this just a side project to get KU health a bigger presence on campus and then maybe we check the temp of donors for actual stadium improvements?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23683 on: September 15, 2022, 08:34:09 PM »
It’s not at all surprising that Nebraska fired Scott Frost Sunday morning, given how the Huskers have suffered one crushing defeat after another. Still, the timing was stunning, given that Frost’s buyout will drop from $15 million to $7.5 million on Oct. 1. But athletic director Trev Alberts pulled the plug less than a week before Oklahoma visits.

Frost seemed like a home run hire when he left UCF for his alma mater. He was great in Orlando, but he was dreadful in Lincoln. Staffers have groused about Frost listening to the wrong people at the expense of his coaching staff and making too many impulsive in-game moves that often blew up in their faces.

Frost leaves behind a tradition-rich program but one that has struggled to get much traction in the past two decades. But it’s now a job in a Big Ten with a ton of money flowing in from the new TV deal. That should make it much more attractive. Word is, the Huskers figure to have a lot of interest from schools in their old conference’s footprint with three very well respected coaches in the Big 12 potentially in the mix.

Lance Leipold, Kansas head coach
How about a candidate with Cornhusker roots and strong ties around the state? He was a Nebraska assistant from 2001-03, sandwiched around a decade at Nebraska-Omaha. That was before Leipold got his first head coaching job. At Wisconsin-Whitewater, he built a powerhouse, winning six Division III national titles and going 109-6. From there he went to Buffalo and elevated that program into one that was in the Top 25 by the time he left. He should’ve been hired away sooner, but ADs were hesitant perhaps because of his small-school history. Vanderbilt was very impressed with him two years ago but hired alum Clark Lea. Kansas hired Leipold, 58, and that proved very smart.

He inherited a huge mess in Lawrence in the wake of the Les Miles tenure but the team showed a lot of improvement despite going 2-10 in his first season. The Jayhawks beat Texas in Austin and lost the next two games by just a field goal apiece against West Virginia and TCU. This year, they’ve opened 2-0 and are coming off a nice road win over West Virginia, which was a two-touchdown favorite.

His teams play very hard, are well-organized and always prepared. This guy wins everywhere. Leipold’s buyout at Kansas is only $5 million; it drops to $4 million in mid-December. In any event, that’s very manageable for Nebraska.

Chris Klieman, Kansas State head coach
Another option with similar lower-division roots and a bunch of rings is Kansas State’s Chris Klieman. He won four national titles at North Dakota State. He’s had two eight-win seasons since coming to K-State in 2019 and this year’s team looks like it should be a contender for the Big 12 title. He’s 54 and in a good situation working with his old NDSU AD Gene Taylor.

Matt Campbell, Iowa State head coach
Campbell has been a hot name for years. The 42-year-old Ohio native has been the best thing to happen to Iowa State football. He led the Cyclones to a top-10 season in 2020. They just notched his first win over arch-rival Iowa, despite having to replace QB Brock Purdy, superstar RB Breece Hall and All-American tight end Charlie Kolar. Campbell has done a fantastic job establishing a winning culture in Ames and developing a lot of talent. He was very high on USC’s radar last year before Lincoln Riley took the job. Would he leave for Lincoln? It’s not a given. Campbell has been very choosey.

Jake Dickert, Washington State head coach
Dickert has done a very impressive job bringing much-needed stability to Washington State. He took over a rough situation after Nick Rolovich’s exit in 2021. Dickert rallied everyone there and made some good hires after he got the job full-time. He just led the Cougars to a big win at Wisconsin, where his defense bottled up the Badgers. The 39-year-old is a Midwestern guy who has fought hard on his way up the coaching world. It’s not a sure thing he’d be interested in leaving Pullman, given the chance they gave him and his connections to that program, but his stock likely will continue to rise.

Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina head coach
Chadwell probably should’ve been scooped up by some SEC school sooner, but he’s still in the Sun Belt. He is a very creative offensive coach with a fun offense and a loyal staff. Chadwell has an aura about him that could get some folks excited if he comes into more focus as the search heats up. His team is 24-3 in the past three seasons.

Mickey Joseph, Nebraska interim head coach
Former Husker standout Joseph might get consideration. He has some head coaching experience in NAIA ball, where he went 13-7. The 54-year-old was well-regarded by his players and colleagues in his time at LSU, where he brought in and helped groom a lot of talent. If he can somehow spark a big turnaround in this program over the next 10 games, Joseph might open some eyes. That’s how it happened for his old boss Ed Orgeron at LSU when Orgeron was named interim coach this early into a season.

There are some wild card candidates to consider, too:

Bronco Mendenhall, former Virginia head coach: He’s a very sharp defensive mind who had a solid run at Virginia after going 99-43 at BYU. We expect him to be in the running for some Power 5 jobs this winter, but not sure how much he would excite the fanbase.

Matt Rhule, Carolina Panthers head coach: Rhule still has an NFL job, but there’s definitely some heat under his seat after going 10-23 in his first two seasons and he has a shaky QB situation. Rhule was fantastic at Baylor, taking over a program that desperately needed a big lift after the Art Briles scandal. Rhule did that; he made a ton of smart evaluations and transformed that program into a big winner again.

He also left behind a lot of talent for Dave Aranda in what became a top-5 team. If he does get fired, Rhule should be high on every AD’s list for any job vacancies. He was that good at Baylor — and he was terrific at Temple, turning a 2-10 team into one that 20-7 in his last two seasons there. If Nebraska and Auburn prove to be the two best college jobs, might the Penn State product be more tempted by the Big Ten vacancy?

Gary Patterson, Texas special assistant: The former TCU coach has made a big impact for Steve Sarkisian’s program in a short time there, folks around the program tell me. The 62-year-old is one of the brightest defensive minds in football. He led TCU to seven top-10 seasons before things fizzled out for him in Fort Worth, but I’ve heard he’s refocused and has turned his mind to having a bit of a different approach if he decides to take another head coaching job. If he’s ready to get back in, a Gary Patterson 2.0 might be someone Alberts should at least meet with.

Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin defensive coordinator: The hunch is that Nebraska might not be interested in a first-time head coach. Frost only had two seasons of head coaching experience. The one assistant who might be tempting is Leonhard. He consistently leads one of the best units in college football. He has also helped elevate a program the Cornhuskers have tried to emulate in its ability to have a lot of sustained success in the shadows of Ohio State.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23684 on: September 15, 2022, 08:34:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1569414040614588416
POST THE GOD DAMN ARTICLE, KK!
Lance Leipold
Chris Klieman
Matt Campbell
 Jake Dickert
Jamey Chadwell
Mickey Joseph
Bronco Mendenhall
Matt Rhule
Gary Patterson
Jim Leonhard

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23685 on: September 15, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »
IT’S PATTERSON!!!!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23686 on: September 15, 2022, 08:55:41 PM »
IT’S PATTERSON!!!!

:lol:  IT WAS NEVER PATTERSON!  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23687 on: September 16, 2022, 08:49:17 AM »
Did WVU just make KU relevant? :sdeek:

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23688 on: September 16, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
Did WVU just make KU relevant? :sdeek:

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

how are things up there, @cDubya?
Everyone ready for a change?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #23689 on: September 16, 2022, 11:17:18 AM »
I think Patterson would be a good hire
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23690 on: September 16, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »
Good for everyone but Nebraska.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23691 on: September 16, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
Good for everyone but Nebraska.

Exactly. We need to get him out of Texas before his sweat floods Houston.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #23692 on: September 17, 2022, 04:18:19 PM »
Don't look now, but the Blue Wings are flying high in Houston. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23693 on: September 17, 2022, 05:17:08 PM »
On the road. Impressive.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23694 on: September 17, 2022, 05:26:42 PM »
They’re so much better. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23695 on: September 17, 2022, 05:27:32 PM »
They put a priority on QB. To each his own I guess.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23696 on: September 17, 2022, 05:33:38 PM »
KU might not lose to the Katz again as long as Daniels is their QB.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23697 on: September 17, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
their qb seems like he's really good.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23698 on: September 17, 2022, 05:37:20 PM »
time to do a little :tsc:

These hawks have an effective offense!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23699 on: September 17, 2022, 05:48:46 PM »
time to do a little :tsc:

These hawks have an effective offense!
It is fun to watch