Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145441 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #23350 on: November 14, 2021, 10:43:45 PM »
They're still an extremely talented team at home with a short prep week. I expect them to be the Vegas favorites

I'm seeing WVU -1 this week, fwiw.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: November 15, 2021, 08:57:11 AM »
KU 22 point dogs to probably the 8th best team in the conference.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: November 15, 2021, 02:25:06 PM »
Does KU beating Texas hurt them more in the long run? I think so.

I've noticed their BCS bowl win is running out of gas, so maybe this is their new mantra.  They need something to hang onto.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: November 15, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »

I've noticed their BCS bowl win is running out of gas, so maybe this is their new mantra.  They need something to hang onto.

The question attempts to draw parallels between LL and prior failures like Miles, Beaty, and Weis. If we're being honest, LL is the most pragmatic hire KU has made post-Mangino. Frankly, there are a lot of parallels between LL and mashed potato face (multiple [6] national championships at a lower division, has kept his staff together through multiple coaching stops, etc.). Way too early for you cats to conclude that LL is a loser, and therefore that this win hurts KU in the long run. LL is about as solid of a hire as KU could hope for. We shall see, though. As shall you. 

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23354 on: November 15, 2021, 03:47:39 PM »
I also think LL is a very good hire, Spracne, and as long as he's not going 0-12 or something, he probably should be given a pass on his first 3 seasons.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23355 on: November 15, 2021, 03:50:28 PM »

The question attempts to draw parallels between LL and prior failures like Miles, Beaty, and Weis. If we're being honest, LL is the most pragmatic hire KU has made post-Mangino. Frankly, there are a lot of parallels between LL and mashed potato face (multiple [6] national championships at a lower division, has kept his staff together through multiple coaching stops, etc.). Way too early for you cats to conclude that LL is a loser, and therefore that this win hurts KU in the long run. LL is about as solid of a hire as KU could hope for. We shall see, though. As shall you.
he's definintely a slth

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: November 15, 2021, 06:10:08 PM »

He's a good coach, and the right coach for KU imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: November 15, 2021, 06:34:43 PM »
Leipo!d is a great hire.  All the coaches Spracne named post-Mangino lost their team by the 7th game, these  Jayhawks play hard for Leipold every game.  The team will improve as Leipold recruits more talent.  For now, though, embrace that win over the Horns.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: November 16, 2021, 12:36:11 AM »
Lance might be a good coach, we'll see, but I'm annoyed by the media using his years at Buffalo to bolster his bona fides. There is no gold standard program to overcome, likewise there is no program that is historically disadvantaged when compared to their peers. Parity rules that conference and he didn't dominate it like PJ Fleck did, he didn't even win the conference.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: November 16, 2021, 12:45:56 AM »

Seems to have a record similar to CK.

Lance might be a good coach, we'll see, but I'm annoyed by the media using his years at Buffalo to bolster his bona fides. There is no gold standard program to overcome, likewise there is no program that is historically disadvantaged when compared to their peers. Parity rules that conference and he didn't dominate it like PJ Fleck did, he didn't even win the conference.

This is the guy I suggested KSU AD go after, before we got CK.  Is there some kind of an issue with KU's coach?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23360 on: November 16, 2021, 07:50:13 AM »

Seems to have a record similar to CK.

This is the guy I suggested KSU AD go after, before we got CK.  Is there some kind of an issue with KU's coach?

You mean besides him thinking that he can make KU football a winning program?

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #23361 on: November 16, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »

Incorrect. This question pokes fun at a similar question KU fans raised in 2006 when a Ron Prince coached Kansas State Wildcats football team beat a #4 Texas Longhorns team. Though mocked at the time, that question turned out to be rather astute in hindsight.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #23362 on: November 16, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
I’m not sure it’s fair to say Prince did any significant damage to the program when you look at the trajectory it was already heading in. He got fired because Snyder wanted back and he couldn’t beat KU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23363 on: November 16, 2021, 03:48:54 PM »
I’m not sure it’s fair to say Prince did any significant damage to the program when you look at the trajectory it was already heading in. He got fired because Snyder wanted back and he couldn’t beat KU.
Dude didn't make it three full seasons, if he'd lost would we have fired him SOONER??? (No)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23364 on: November 16, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »
Could KU get a 2 game conference winning streak?  Apparently TCU doesn't have a healthy QB, and banged up RB's.  Interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/down-and-out-tcu-football-s-injury-report-is-brutal-for-kansas/ar-AAQMoQk?ocid=msedgntp

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23365 on: November 16, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »
Dude didn't make it three full seasons, if he'd lost would we have fired him SOONER??? (No)
If he doesn't beat Texas in '06 there's an argument to be made that we wouldn't have given him that ridiculous contract extension. He wasn't fired because Snyder wanted back. Remember that Snyder was not the first choice to replace Prince...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23366 on: November 16, 2021, 04:41:44 PM »
If he doesn't beat Texas in '06 there's an argument to be made that we wouldn't have given him that ridiculous contract extension. He wasn't fired because Snyder wanted back. Remember that Snyder was not the first choice to replace Prince...

Yes he was, Wefald asked LHCBS two weeks before Prince was fired.  This was according to ole Bill himself.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23367 on: November 16, 2021, 07:15:40 PM »
Didn't they do the same thing with Gill?

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23368 on: November 16, 2021, 07:17:11 PM »
Could KU get a 2 game conference winning streak?  Apparently TCU doesn't have a healthy QB, and banged up RB's.  Interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/down-and-out-tcu-football-s-injury-report-is-brutal-for-kansas/ar-AAQMoQk?ocid=msedgntp
Lance will get a lifetime contract if they pull that off

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23369 on: November 16, 2021, 07:20:02 PM »

Yes he was, Wefald asked LHCBS two weeks before Prince was fired.  This was according to ole Bill himself.
I remember the rumor being that Weefer was the one who leaked the Patterson news to Fitz in an effort to torpedo the deal.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23370 on: November 16, 2021, 10:30:23 PM »
Nobody could predict Gary would be such a butthurt baby about it. Take the job and give gopowercat the cold shoulder. In hindsight Fitz was a hero for that.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23371 on: November 17, 2021, 12:17:00 AM »
Nobody could predict Gary would be such a butthurt baby about it. Take the job and give gopowercat the cold shoulder. In hindsight Fitz was a hero for that.

Not sure why exactly. Sweaty Gary had much more high end success at TCU during the same time period as Snyder 2.0.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23372 on: November 17, 2021, 03:24:54 AM »

Not sure why exactly. Sweaty Gary had much more high end success at TCU during the same time period as Snyder 2.0.

These might be the reasons.  Rumor has it that TCU has asked Matt Campbell for hire and he may take it due to paying MF Patterson 6 mil per year, and due to being in the Ft Worth/Dallas area his recructing was above 30 most years.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23373 on: November 17, 2021, 10:06:13 AM »

I remember the rumor being that Weefer was the one who leaked the Patterson news to Fitz in an effort to torpedo the deal.
I thought it was Krause that couldn't keep his mouth shut and bragged to Fitz about it.

These might be the reasons.  Rumor has it that TCU has asked Matt Campbell for hire and he may take it due to paying MF Patterson 6 mil per year, and due to being in the Ft Worth/Dallas area his recructing was above 30 most years.
The ISU tears would be amazingly delicious if that were to come to fruition.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23374 on: November 17, 2021, 11:37:53 AM »
I'll eat my hat if Campbell leaves ISU for TCU. While it would be hilarious, I just don't see it happening purely for money.