Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145687 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22725 on: May 06, 2021, 08:24:58 AM »
The Hill is obviously vastly overrated, but I do wish the north side of the athletic complex was student ghetto housing instead of cow poop and other farm stuff

There is student housing closer to BSFS than whatever their place is called.

I can't agree with you with student ghettos. I lived in Manhattan's for one year and couldn't wait to GTFO.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I agree with star seed on this one. Those of us who lived north or east of the stadium (like me) could simply put on our blue "Our Coach Can Eat Your Coach" shirts we bought at Joe College and walk to our friends' places on Mississippi, Illinois, or Indiana on gameday and play beer pong in the yard while watching Iron Todd sling the rock around the field 300 yards away via the satellite TV on the tailgating rig parked in your friends' yard that their landlord had sold for $500/season. It actually was a good experience.

*true story alert---- i, rick daris (1/7th owner of goEMAW.com), lived at 17th and ohio when todd reesing was slinging touchdowns all over memorial

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #22726 on: May 06, 2021, 08:45:08 AM »
Squawk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22727 on: May 06, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »
gE is like 3/7 squawks.  :lol: :facepalm:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22728 on: May 06, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
gE is like 3/7 squawks.  :lol: :facepalm:
Greater than or equal to 3/7…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22729 on: May 06, 2021, 08:47:59 AM »
 :horrorsurprise: :surprised: :TSC:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22730 on: May 06, 2021, 08:52:59 AM »
another true story- i walked from my apt to the stadium the night where ku finally broke through and beat kstate. it was a night game and as i and my group (five other kstates) were getting ready to go into the stadium, a ku student yelled at us to wipe off our boots so we didn't track cow crap into the stadium. it was a very good heckle. chuckled about that one all night.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22731 on: May 06, 2021, 09:10:49 AM »
another true story- i walked from my apt to the stadium the night where ku finally broke through and beat kstate. it was a night game and as i and my group (five other kstates) were getting ready to go into the stadium, a ku student yelled at us to wipe off our boots so we didn't track cow crap into the stadium. it was a very good heckle. chuckled about that one all night.

:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22732 on: May 06, 2021, 09:32:13 AM »
I was also a squawk resident during that game and walked from 10th and Indiana to the stadium where I bought a $10 single game student ticket 5 minutes before kickoff (I had never heard of single game student tickets before). I was not the target of heckling though but some trickster tried to steal my ksu hat at the red lyon after the game and was unsuccessful.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22733 on: May 06, 2021, 10:32:15 AM »
i was also at that game, which i refer to as, "The Tony Madison Game"

I was never a squawk though, unlike the top brass here at GoSnobHill.com.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22734 on: May 06, 2021, 12:09:30 PM »
pelts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22735 on: May 06, 2021, 03:05:42 PM »
THE goEMAW SQUAWK PAC OF YESTERYEAR?!?!   :cheers:  :adored: :bigtoke: :drink: :kstategrad: :katpakhead:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22736 on: May 06, 2021, 04:09:24 PM »
Someone who is a professional infrastructure design person recently had their first opportunity to go through Manhattan since the Pandemic started.   This person is typically highly critical of the aesthetics of various things K-State has done over the course time.   Promptly called me as they were headed home from MHK and said that the new baseball stadium façade, new soccer stadium and the now underway Kimball corridor improvements are seriously changing the aesthetic in and around the football stadium.  Couple that with the new Foundation building(s) and other developments, the area looks and will look completely different.   Then there's that monster NBAF just up the road.   Once the rest of the first phases of the Building Champions campaign is done, K-State's athletic complex will collectively blow KU's out of the water.

Meanwhile KU has a complete shithole stadium, an exterior architectural joke of a football complex, and a shitty looking new indoor facility jammed in between some crappy two lane roads with a shitty looking asphalt parking lot on one side.

But that setting, tho

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22737 on: May 06, 2021, 04:48:42 PM »
I've been pumped for the corridor improvements for a long time. It's going to be awesome when done.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22738 on: May 06, 2021, 08:22:48 PM »
Someone who is a professional infrastructure design person recently had their first opportunity to go through Manhattan since the Pandemic started.   This person is typically highly critical of the aesthetics of various things K-State has done over the course time.   Promptly called me as they were headed home from MHK and said that the new baseball stadium façade, new soccer stadium and the now underway Kimball corridor improvements are seriously changing the aesthetic in and around the football stadium.  Couple that with the new Foundation building(s) and other developments, the area looks and will look completely different.   Then there's that monster NBAF just up the road.   Once the rest of the first phases of the Building Champions campaign is done, K-State's athletic complex will collectively blow KU's out of the water.

Meanwhile KU has a complete shithole stadium, an exterior architectural joke of a football complex, and a shitty looking new indoor facility jammed in between some crappy two lane roads with a shitty looking asphalt parking lot on one side.

But that setting, tho
I love you dax and all your "According to the most recent budget proposal KU is planning to upgrade memorial stadium in 2027 now" posts but this reads like something someone would post on TexAgs.

We dont need randoms to tell us how awesome we are, we are K-State, reigning 3maw champs.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 10:08:36 PM by ben ji »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22739 on: May 07, 2021, 01:10:39 AM »
A TexAgs post consists of 1000 people bitching about how someone wore a baseball hat into their Union.   Or how someone ‘disrespected’ one of their 1000’s of contrived traditions.

Or in the case of KU, fans melting down for weeks because a team didn’t show proper respect for their pregame intro video.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22740 on: May 07, 2021, 07:12:49 AM »
A&M in general is just a really weird cult.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22741 on: May 07, 2021, 08:19:32 AM »
the soccer and baseball stadium opinion from dax's friend is legit. i drove past it two days ago and said out loud to a fellow car passenger "wow that actually looks really good". only go down college ave once a month or so.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22742 on: May 07, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
What does it look like?

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22743 on: May 08, 2021, 11:26:39 PM »
A&M in general is just a really weird cult.

I’ve said this multiple times on Twitter, but me, Phil & the wives went to A&M in 2008. Weirdest place I’ve ever been. We went to midnight yell just to see it & that was a cult meeting. The milkmen were wearing overalls covered in patches from various events. They were taking turns telling stories to make fun of K-State & UT, but they weren’t funny or even really coherent, but every A&M student was laughing hysterically. Whoever had the mic had to walk back & forth & when they turned around they would cross their arms and do one high knee at the same time. Half way through they shut off the lights & then couples make out. Single guys were asking us if they could stand next to us & kiss our wives when they shut off the lights. They also buried the dead dogs off a corner of an end zone facing the field so they could watch the game. When they expanded 20 years ago they blocked the dogs view, so they put up a scoreboard so they could follow the game.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22744 on: May 10, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »
“I am just hoping that I found a family atmosphere and a crowd that loves their team," Terry told SI Now. "I am just ready to go play and get to work and play in front of compassionate fans.”
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/may/09/dajon-terry-leaving-ku-football-tennessee/?print

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22745 on: May 10, 2021, 01:37:03 PM »
“I am just hoping that I found a family atmosphere and a crowd that loves their team," Terry told SI Now. "I am just ready to go play and get to work and play in front of compassionate fans.”
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/may/09/dajon-terry-leaving-ku-football-tennessee/?print

I'm surprised that quote was used on the athletic department website.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22746 on: May 10, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
What does it look like?

lots of new silver colored metal and limestone that is close to the road. There is a consistent theme/style with baseball and soccer and even to a smaller extent football. it just looks nice and the fact that baseball and soccer are as close to the road as they are probably makes the projects seem/feel bigger.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22747 on: May 10, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
What does it look like?

lots of new silver colored metal and limestone that is close to the road. There is a consistent theme/style with baseball and soccer and even to a smaller extent football. it just looks nice and the fact that baseball and soccer are as close to the road as they are probably makes the projects seem/feel bigger.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22748 on: May 10, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »
That looks really hot
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22749 on: May 10, 2021, 04:34:42 PM »
I bet nothing is better than getting sympathy from the fans.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.