Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3208004 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #22300 on: March 06, 2021, 11:23:50 PM »
They are so unbelievable screwed.  This situation is cataclysmic whenever it occurs and m to whichever program it happens to, but this happening right now to this particular program...

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22301 on: March 06, 2021, 11:24:33 PM »
We are so lucky they’re our rivals

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22302 on: March 06, 2021, 11:29:06 PM »
Aren’t they already the worst P5 team?  I suppose they can get worse but how much worse really?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22303 on: March 06, 2021, 11:55:12 PM »
it’s going to get considerably worse.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22304 on: March 06, 2021, 11:55:47 PM »
Hard to imagine what that will look like.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22305 on: March 06, 2021, 11:59:03 PM »
Hard to imagine what that will look like.
Me neither.

But I am certainly looking forward to finding out!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22306 on: March 07, 2021, 08:22:02 AM »
They HAVE GOT to fire Long.

Who wants to come in and AD there? With the dumpster fire of football. The dumpster fire that the basketball program is likely getting hammered. And covid destroying your budget???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22307 on: March 07, 2021, 11:03:15 AM »

Who wants to come in and AD there? With the dumpster fire of football. The dumpster fire that the basketball program is likely getting hammered. And covid destroying your budget???

IIRC Long has some provision in his contract that if KU was placed on probation for something that occured before he was the AD he would get his contract extended X amount of years automatically. Maybe this will work out for KU and they can fire Long before the NCAA puts them on probation and get out of that loophole.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22308 on: March 07, 2021, 11:22:53 AM »

I am unconvinced that this is ever going to happen. This has been said for several years now.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22309 on: March 07, 2021, 10:38:08 PM »

IIRC Long has some provision in his contract that if KU was placed on probation for something that occured before he was the AD he would get his contract extended X amount of years automatically. Maybe this will work out for KU and they can fire Long before the NCAA puts them on probation and get out of that loophole.

Or Long could see the writing on the wall and "leak" where the bodies are hidden that he's discovered since he's been there so he can gaurentee some more money and years. Or at least a better settlement when they fire him.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #22310 on: March 07, 2021, 10:41:02 PM »

I am unconvinced that this is ever going to happen. This has been said for several years now.

Hammery Awaits!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22311 on: March 08, 2021, 09:01:13 AM »

I don't think it will. Maybe if you average the last 10 seasons it could get a little bit worse, but it won't get any worse than this last season was. There are only 60 minutes in a football game, and most teams are already playing backups and trying not to score for most of the second half.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22312 on: March 08, 2021, 09:12:50 AM »

I don't think it will. Maybe if you average the last 10 seasons it could get a little bit worse, but it won't get any worse than this last season was. There are only 60 minutes in a football game, and most teams are already playing backups and trying not to score for most of the second half.
"It can't/won't get any worse" - the mantra of everyone who has been wrong about KU football for the last 11 years.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22313 on: March 08, 2021, 11:11:01 AM »
they can't lose a negative amount of games.  i guess they can lose games by larger margins, but is there much difference between losing by 30 or 50?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: March 08, 2021, 11:24:28 AM »
they can't lose a negative amount of games.  i guess they can lose games by larger margins, but is there much difference between losing by 30 or 50?
20 points

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: March 08, 2021, 11:39:45 AM »
meow meow is so bad at math.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22316 on: March 08, 2021, 11:40:54 AM »
20 points

:lol:

That 20 points is more than they averaged per game (16ppg).  :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: March 08, 2021, 11:50:22 AM »
DQ is right.  They are in a horrible spot.  It's also very bad that Long GETS AN EXTENSION IF BASKETBALL GETS HIT.

What's to stop him from getting a leak to the NCAA in a move that would guarantee his job?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: March 08, 2021, 12:07:38 PM »
Phog is in heavy drinking mode right now.

Any gems?

When asked when they will have a winning season again...

They will have 1, maybe 2 seasons where they win more than 6 ... in the next 25 years. And that’s in the b12.

They should move to another conference like the Mountain or Valley if they actually want to “turn it around.”
I’m not certain they would have winning records in either, but theoretically it would be easier to achieve.

All of the other traditional bottom feeders in the 12 are far beyond us in pretty much every facet now. That alone makes having a winning record nearly impossible anytime soon.

Once Miles gets canned he will be our fourth consecutive coach to have not fielded a winning season over the course of an 11-year stretch. And we are at 12-consecutive losing seasons. This thing could easily stretch out over 20 years.

If we keep most of the roster and coaching staff i would say in 2 years win 4-6 games. and 3 years maybe a bowl game and wining record. really depends on rest of big 12. Tx tech , KSU, Baylor need to drop down

The conference we are in, and the setup it has, makes it very difficult to get out of the bottom. Couple that with AD incompetence and the continual cheapness of football spending, and I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel to win several games much less a bowl birth. I am thinking about raising my kids to be Hawkeyes fans or Gophers or something. It’ll be doing them all a solid

You don’t learn how to win by losing. K-State built their program by scheduling four cupcakes annually. And by cupcakes we’re talking fringe NAIA/NJCAA caliber. It was brilliant.

We are going to have one hell of a time ever finding our way back to six wins+ when we have to face nine conference opponents AND the athletic department continues to schedule OK quality non-cons.

Football will likely be outlawed before we win more than even 3 games in a season again.

The OP asked when can we get to a wining record. I think it is a couple years away. Once KU gets to a wining record, more fans and $$$ . they can attract a better coach if Les or whoever is coaching in the next 2-5 does not keep improving . Just like Iowa st. The dumpster fire of a football program , roster and support staff left for MIles and Long is getting close to an average Big 12 school. You want to win the Big 12 in year three of a total rebuild of the football program?

0-9 is close to average???  :dunno:

On Zenger vs Long...

This is the heavy weight championship of incompetent a-holes. I thought it would never be possible to see anyone ever be as bad as Zenger but Long might beat him. Look at what Long has accomplished while at KU. He hired an over an hill sexual harasser nobody else wanted, he restarted playing mizwho even though nobody wanted it, and he took basketball games that used to be on espn and regular cable and put them on another service that fans have to pay for and it’s not like those were only the crap teams but conference games. Those are just some of the things he’s done. I don’t know maybe it’s recency bias but at least under Zenger I could watch all the games with regular streaming package.

I’d take zenger over long

:D

At least Zenger didn’t piss Self off.. He understood the prime directive. If Long is left alone he will cause Self to leave

Long is too arrogant, that’s his deal. I think Zenger knew he sucked. Almost felt sorry for him at times. Long is an annoying little overconfident twerp.

And seriously, are we debating whether Long did more for KU football in a little over 2 years than Zenger did in 7? Like I've said before, if Miles and Long go tomorrow, KU football is in better shape than how they found it.

Long admitted to the ncaa adidas was a booster

Anyways, I think Long is worse than Zenger just because Zulu had the benefit of the bball program being on cruise control. But I'm sure he would've beefed that royally if given the chance.

It's good to see all this love pouring in for our spy and for them to see the error of their ways. We're only two years removed from them having the fire zenger website!

I can’t stand Long. What a weirdo. I just think Zenger wasn’t cut out to be a D1 AD. Probably a solid associate AD, would’ve done a good job at Fort Hays. Long would be best suited as salesman of the month at a GMC dealership putting South JoCo yoga pant moms in Denali’s.

At Kansas, hard to say between the 2. Overall, well, Long did hire Bobby Petrino at Arkansas. See a pattern? Long embarassed 2 Power 5 schools with his coaching hires.

What did zenger do that’s worse than pissing off bill self and hiring creepy miles and naming adidas a booster. I can’t think of a single thing zenger did that’s worse than any of those 3. So what if he hired bad football coaches. Atleast he didn’t try to not pay them when he fired them and let a bunch of bs come out in court too. You guys are just trying to give long the benefit of the doubt. But in reality he’s worse.

If the College Football HoF in Atlanta had a display for complete incompetance....KU would have eight heads on the "Mt Rushmore"

Someone keep an eye on this next guy...

This may be or should be the end of the football program.

1) How many recruits with even a thimble full of talent would give KU the time of day at thia point ? It's been hard to get mediocre players for the past decade and even when we did get one (Pooka), we couldn't hold onto him.

2) Is there a backroom someplace in the university where they have a machine that prints money to continue to fund the comical hires as football HC's and the hapless parade of AD's? Those of us who contribute to the U are way past fed up with seeing these clowns come in, crap the bed, and leave set for life financially while the football program contiues to successfully defend it's "worst in the history of D-1 football" title. And is there anyone out there that feels like Memorial in it's current condition has the WOW factor that most of the other Big 12 stadiums offer ? So there's another hole to shovel money into in our never ending attempt to once again have something resembling just a decent program.

3) We've tried up-and-comers and we've tried "names" but I'd say we've pretty much run out of potential coaching hires in any form because who in their right mind would be willing to try and remove the steam from our steaming pile ? HC in Lawrence is where old guys on their way down go to collect one last payday and new guys go to taste some big bucks quickly, knowing that this is probably as high as they'll ever get before dropping back into assistant positions somewhere.

I see no magic formula at this point to get the football program healthy. And by the way, we are still in the Big 12 which is a hard place to get well for even decent teams with decent HC's. We are a joke, the laughing stock of D-1 football, a punching bag for the rest of the conference, and I have gotten my hopes up for the last time. Go ahead KU, fire Less Smiles, fire Long, bring in the next big deal in both positions, and agree to big dollar contracts because you have to, because our bargaining position is about as strong as our football record. And while you're at it, stop asking me for money. I'm done. Fool me once....you know the cliche. I've been fooled for the last decade plus so I'm done.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22319 on: March 08, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »
20 points

:lol:

That 20 points is more than they averaged per game (16ppg).  :frown:

Wow....  :eek:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22320 on: March 08, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
Certainly it won’t get bad enough that they have to give away tickets at the local taco John’s
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22321 on: March 08, 2021, 12:44:23 PM »
Buy 4 tires, get free mount and balance (probably can't say that in Lawrence, though).. $25 synthetic oil change... Feel like there are things you can do to get fans out to the end zone Jiffy Lube.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22322 on: March 08, 2021, 02:41:01 PM »
They've got South Dakota as their opener this year. South Dakota only played two games last year. Surely they'll win that one.

Incorrect. They didn't play any games last year. They're playing spring football, currently underway. They're 1-1 right now, with 7 more games to play.

They went 5-7 in 2019.

However, I do agree with you that it will likely be KU's only real shot at winning. Thanks to covid, those fighting jayhawks were able to avoid taking the field 3 times last season, and only acquired 9 losses. For those who are keeping track, that means they currently have 89 losses in the last 9 years. So, they can win, at most, only 1 game next season if they are to achieve greatness, and become the first program to have 100 losses in 10 years.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22323 on: March 08, 2021, 02:58:43 PM »
Corona really saved their asses
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22324 on: March 08, 2021, 03:12:03 PM »
They've got South Dakota as their opener this year. South Dakota only played two games last year. Surely they'll win that one.

Incorrect. They didn't play any games last year. They're playing spring football, currently underway. They're 1-1 right now, with 7 more games to play.

They went 5-7 in 2019.

However, I do agree with you that it will likely be KU's only real shot at winning. Thanks to covid, those fighting jayhawks were able to avoid taking the field 3 times last season, and only acquired 9 losses. For those who are keeping track, that means they currently have 89 losses in the last 9 years. So, they can win, at most, only 1 game next season if they are to achieve greatness, and become the first program to have 100 losses in 10 years.
Yeah, I had forgotten FCS was playing Spring football.

I think 100 losses in 10 years is just about a foregone conclusion at this point. I have my eyes set on longest losing streak of all time (34). They're currently on a 13 game streak. K-State's longest ever is 28. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:16:17 PM by waks »