Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146961 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is going through a rough patch
« Reply #21800 on: September 01, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
A message from Girod

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: September 01, 2020, 09:01:10 PM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: September 02, 2020, 12:09:49 AM »
I'm thinking about laying some big money down on our Hawks.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: September 02, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »
is KU making a play to get in the Pac 14?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: September 11, 2020, 01:37:01 PM »
Coastal Carolina at Kansas
Game info: Sat., 10 p.m. | FS1
Location: David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium | Lawrence, Kan.
Projected winner: According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, Coastal Carolina is projected as a narrow favorite to pick up a road win against Kansas on Saturday. FPI gives the Chanticleers a 53.7 percent chance of winning the game.

:sdeek:   https://247sports.com/college/kansas/LongFormArticle/College-football-Week-2-predictions-ESPN-FPI-151251680/#151251680_11

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: September 11, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
If only Miles to go was still filming - imagine the pre-game speech where Miles amps up his team by saying nobody thinks they can beat COASTAL CAROLINA.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #21809 on: September 12, 2020, 10:16:15 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Down 12-7 and driving to begin the 4th quarter, KU has 4th and 4 on the Chanticleer 17. Les starts to send the field goal unit out. Changes his mind because they missed a field goal earlier. KU calls a timeout, then sends the offense out. Coastal Carolina sees their set and calls timeout to adjust. Then, back from the time out, they go to set up for the play but there's some weird indecision with KU and they call a timeout AGAIN. Announcer incredulously says, "...And KU calls their last timeout of the game with 14:22 left!" And the color commentator simply says, "......yikes."

KU lines up to go for it on 4th down, a long 4 yards from a first down. They run some weird play where their QB lines up in shotgun and rolls right. He's...not...not super approaching the first down marker. As tacklers approach, he makes a last-ditch effort and, still about 4 yards from the first down marker, lunges forward but...mostly...up??? Stopped a full 2 1/2 yards short of the first down.

Coastal Carolina takes over with 14:22 left in the game, up 12-7.

KU now has no timeouts remaining.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I forgot how funny this game was last year. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there will be any kind of a similar nailbiter aspect to this one, because the Chanticleers are just out there pounding the dang stone right now, winning 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: September 12, 2020, 10:42:31 PM »
You guys 'member when they spelled Shane Southwell's name SOUHTWELL on his jersey? :D

I guess what I'm saying is, it happens, and it could be worse. They could be down 28-0 at home in the 2nd quarter to Coastal Carolina and have the announcers already be talking about "playing for pride in the second half".

o snap my b, that is indeed happening.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: September 12, 2020, 10:46:00 PM »
You guys 'member when they spelled Shane Southwell's name SOUHTWELL on his jersey? :D

I guess what I'm saying is, it happens, and it could be worse. They could be down 28-0 at home in the 2nd quarter to Coastal Carolina and have the announcers already be talking about "playing for pride in the second half".

o snap my b, that is indeed happening.

They misspelled his name on his jersey once last year too

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: September 13, 2020, 12:35:55 AM »
So KU is down 35-23 with 7 minutes left. Got all the momentum. Lots going their way -- they've just scored a touchdown and they line up and kick a PERFECTLY executed onside kick. Hawks recover! Legitimately the best play I've seen KU football make in years. However, it gets called back for an offside penalty on KU. They replay it and KU got suuuuper hosed. The refs back them up five yards,  KU tries another onside kick and it fails miserably.

I would honestly feel bad for them about getting hosed, were it not for a hosing that they benefitted from earlier in the game. Their first touchdown of the game, which I might add came in the third quarter, came on a rather pretty touchdown pass. However, the play never should've happened because the ball was snapped after the play clock hit 0. The reason no one noticed? Apparently somewhere on the field right before the snap, a player barfed. So everyone was looking at the player who barfed instead of at the play clock that was expiring.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:40:39 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: September 13, 2020, 12:44:53 AM »
So KU is down 35-23 with 7 minutes left. Got all the momentum. Lots going their way -- they've just scored a touchdown and they line up and kick a PERFECTLY executed onside kick. Hawks recover! Legitimately the best play I've seen KU football make in years. However, it gets called back for an offside penalty on KU. They replay it and KU got suuuuper hosed. The refs back them up five yards,  KU tries another onside kick and it fails miserably.

I would honestly feel bad for them about getting hosed, were it not for a hosing that they benefitted from earlier in the game. Their first touchdown of the game, which I might add came in the third quarter, came on a rather pretty touchdown pass. However, the play never should've happened because the ball was snapped after the play clock hit 0. The reason no one noticed? Apparently somewhere on the field right before the snap, a player barfed. So everyone was looking at the player who barfed instead of at the play clock that was expiring.
LOL

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: September 13, 2020, 08:17:00 AM »
The Phog is an absolute treat today. Just pure despondence. I'm gonna post some random gems from across multiple threads.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: September 13, 2020, 08:22:44 AM »
The Phog is an absolute treat today. Just pure despondence. I'm gonna post some random gems from across multiple threads.
It's helped soothe our loss, but would be more fun if we didn't crap the bed too.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: September 13, 2020, 08:35:44 AM »
It would also be more fun if we still had people here. :frown:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: September 13, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »
It would also be more fun if we still had people here. :frown:
Twitter killed the bbs star.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: September 13, 2020, 08:44:19 AM »
I'm thinking about laying some big money down on our Hawks.
JK, I bet against them.  :kstategrad:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: September 13, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
From a thread called Slow Clap.
Bravo. We’ve done it again. Les in his woodworking goggles has crafted another masterpiece.

The Coastal Carolina logo looks like it has balls hanging from its chin but they are dragging them across our collective faces.

Will it be 49-3? Or can they push 60? I dont believe I’ve seen a stop. Especially liked when Les didnt seem to care when the clock didnt stop on a 1st down when we were trying to get into field goal range before half.

Its that kind of attention to detail that makes him a master woodworker. Just check the glasses. Dearmond is his apprentice. Again check the glasses. These guys are pros. And they are making a fine gigantic middle finger to KU fans right now.   

At least we were told “the players see this as a revenge Game”. Man WE SURE SHOWED THEM!!!   

More like Montezuma’s revenge.   

From a thread called Do we ever get better?
I watched the first two drives tonight and turned the game off after CCs 2nd TD, and of this post its just the start of the 4th quarter and we are down 28-17. That being said even if we win, this game is dreadfully unacceptable given the team we are playing.

If we ever get better at all, when do we actually get results on the field? Is good recruiting going to help in 2 or 3 years? Will our upcoming classes be the answer to our misery as a fan base? I want to believe what we are seeing is realistically a result of the last decade and the abysmal roster situation Miles inherited and I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Given his efforts in recruiting and his past coaching history with OSU and LSU, I have faith still that this thing is possible and that he has a handle on it.

Hoping this night is just a hiccup and we do well going foreward. Still.....can't wait for 2022-23   

No.

We are in football hell. It’s not going to get better. The sooner we all accept that, the better.   

Les hoping for ‘no vaccine in 2020 or 2021’ so he can keep his job. Less anger from fans if we aren’t there in person   

i mean.... i hope so? i honestly think about this team/program less each year. watching games has become a saturday chore like doing laundry.   

people actually thinking that in 2022 and 2023 we have any recruits still wanting to come here is a joke. Coastal ******** Carolina is a better football choice than KU   

From a thread called Take Me Home
Country Rooaaddds
To The Plaaaaace
I Beloooong,
Chitty Footbaaaaall
Mount Oreeeaaaaad,
Take Me Hooome,
Pass The Booooonng.   

From a thread called Name The Next Dinosaur
We put on the sidelines....my guess is we dig up joe.paterno and put his corpse on the sideline...

Les Miles is a senile a$$hat   

From a thread called Honest thought experiment: what if Bill Self coached football?
Look. We suck. We beyond suck. We really pissed off the football gods. So our team is not worth discussing. This means that we have to fill the void with interesting thought experiments. I genuinely wonder what Bill Self would do with this program with 5 years to tackle it. He would be loved by the players. He would surround himself with an organized, forward thinking, cohesive staff and not micromanage them. He would run practices like a drill Sargent. He would instill the fear of god in them but they would always know he’s doing it FOR them. He would recruit with the best of them because he’s pretty much the most charismatic person in sports. And he would learn the game and probably get pretty damn good at the football X’s and O’s to   

Probably end up on probation and not win any games.   

From a thread called Jeff Long apology at halftime
??   

Can our halftime show just be White Owl taking a dump on the 50 yard line and wiping his **** with Jeff Long’s eyeglasses?   

From a thread called "These Boys Can't Play With Us"
Said by the Chanticleers post touchdown.

Absolutely true.   

Why are any of us still here? What's left of this fanbase has to be a Psychology PHD student's wet dream.   

From a thread titled, Fire Les Miles and Disband the Program
This is the most embarrassing loss in the history of KU football.   

You guys are still fookin puzzies   
:confused:

Nicholas St   
:lol: oh man I had already forgotten they lost to Nicholls State :lol:

From a thread posted sometime around when KU was losing 28-0, called What is everyone drinking?
Arsenic   

Antifreeze 

Jim Jones Kool-aid   

Prairie Artisan BOMB. I was gonna do a gummy but decided I'll just go to bed early since the Hawks are getting donkey punched.   

hydroxychloroquine   

From a thread titled Never forget
KU cares so little about football; has such incompetent people running its football program; that the name of its starting quarterback was misspelled on his jersey.

I’ve never seen anything like that in decades of obsessively watching college football. Extremely telling.   

At least it’s in chrome lettering.   

From a thread titled What is the purpose for all of this?
Seriously?

I think we all know that the only reason KU fields a football team is to maintain membership in the Big 12, for the basketball team, but Villanova is a basketball program that has bested Kansas in the past decade and has no football team. A nationally successful college basketball team can easily exist without football on campus. So why do we continue to embarrass our university every year with this disgraceful program?

I’ve been going to KU football games since 1994. It’s my favorite sports team. I love KUFB. But this program can no longer be justified. It’s utterly hopeless. KU is setting money on fire yet also half assing this thing. At this point I’d fully be in favor of KU dropping football.   

Buck up, buckaroo. This is KU football you’re talking about. If you can’t take the misery, you don’t belong here in the first place.   

First of all Villanova has a football team, second of all this post is absolute garbage and anyone that supports this idea needs their head examined.   

Villanova actually has a pretty good FCS football team. Maybe that's the answer: leave the Big 12, enter the Big East, and lower our football program to FCS so that we can still have class reunions, homecoming activities, and the aura of college football. Sounds like a plan to me. 

You gotta continue to take your lumps until the football gods are appeased. They are still angered over the firing of Mangino. They gifted you a man that could take you to the Orange Bowl and win and he was fired because of some football player titty babies who couldn't handle the heat. This statement probably sounds flippant but it is not meant to be. Its the same reason why Texas Tech is in a giant pit of dog crap style football as well. They angered the football gods by firing the man responsible for putting them within a whisper of a national title. Kansas will be good again and so will Tech once the "penance", for lack of a better word in my dictionary, is completed.   

As a Jew, I can tell you that you might be waiting for a savior longer than you’d like to believe   

After seeing Carolinas post game celebration and what they did to a Jayhawk if this team doesn't show a pulse and have some heart get rid of it.
Tons of offensive talent to lose to CC.   

I second KU dropping fb. My degree lost value tonight, full stop.   

Im onboard with disbanding the football program as well. We have had exactly what 3-4 decent seasons in the last 25 years? A former national champion coach can't even come in here and beat scrubs, who else are we ever going to hire that could do better? Meanwhile Baylor goes from perennial doormat to national title contender. We will never have a winning culture so what's the point in embarrassing our school further at this point? Trash it.   

I want Les Miles fired immediately. I can't see any reason to leave him in charge after this season. Install someone else as interim and clean house afterwards.   

From a thread titled Is it to [sic] late to cancel the season?
Same s hit different year.   

Just lie and say the entire team has caught covid. It’d be the first thing they caught all day so most people would say it’s fake. But it try it   

I've been saying for a month that it would be in KU' best interest for the season to be cancelled due to the China virus. I knew I was right, but I didn't think I'd be THIS right.

This team is absolutely atrocious. What an embarrassment   

I'm done with it...seen it too many years...don't care if I'm an alum...I'm done with KU football   

It feels hopeless. Why are we always so inept? Other teams look great against us and it’s a miracle if we can complete a pass over 6 yards.   

Anyone who is surprised by this didn't pay attention to last year, or to what we lost from last year.

To take a stab at answering your question, we're always so inept because, starting with the Gill hire, we had 9 consecutive seasons of head coaches who had no business leading a Power 5 program. Recruits understand that, high school coaches understand that, and quality players don't come play in your program. Miles may or may not be the answer. We were within spitting distance of competent, at least in some position groups, a season ago. But we lost a lot to graduation. Miles is now rebuilding a team that was never really built in the first place, and he's been tasked with doing that in a program that hasn't really had a direction since Mangino was here.

Honestly, I don't know whether Miles is the answer. Given where we've been, he could stay for 4 seasons and make little to no progress. But, if he builds the roster right (with H.S. recruits supplemented by a small number of JuCo guys), he could have us competitive another 2-3 years from now. But, to build the roster right we'll be overmatched at least this season and next.

Basically, right now you're a Kansas football fan if you grew up with it during the good years (Mason and Mangino); or just love college football, happened to go to Kansas, and want to follow or support your alma mater. If you expect wins this season, or 2021, or 2022, or even 2023, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

At the end of the last few seasons I've posted how we've had among the worst 8-, 9-, and 10-year periods in major college football history. You don't bounce back from that incompetence quickly. You pray you find a LHC Bill Snyder (or, more realistically, a Dan McCarney), and they stay for a decade or two and get you on stable ground. Les won't be that, but hopefully he can start to get a foundation built and get the roster right for whoever follows him.   

I mentioned in the game thread that you can blame Miles for in-game coaching decisions but you can't blame him for the personnel he's working with. That's 100% on Beaty and Zinger. Until his freshman grow up it's not going to be pretty but I think it gets better every year.   

KU only has 5-6 players on the roster that would even make Coastal Carolina's travel roster.

COASTAL CAROLINA!!!

.....and I haven't even touched the game thread.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 08:59:00 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: September 13, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »
I relish in KU's misery and that bummed me out.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: September 13, 2020, 11:45:46 AM »
Thank you, SkiBen. That was delightful
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: September 13, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
I never get tired if it. It’s all just so funny to me. And look, I know it’s harder to laugh at them after our performance yesterday, but make no mistake: we are bad this year, but we are still light years ahead of KU. It’s not even close. K-State will win a handful of games this year if the season plays out. KU won’t be within single digits of winning a single one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 02:23:59 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: September 13, 2020, 09:24:00 PM »
They're so poor, I honestly wonder how long Long and Les will be in Lowrents.