Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146521 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is TBD
« Reply #21175 on: November 06, 2019, 08:27:42 AM »
Oh my God. I hadn’t seen that. It’s awful. I just feel sad for them.

They are doing a $40 million remodel that will take them, I'm dead ass serious on this, four years. I couldn't imagine being a K-State fan when we were broke boys.

$40million in sillicon valley won't get you much. But here is their rendo of what the hill side thingy will be.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21176 on: November 06, 2019, 08:34:07 AM »
Pretty good!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21177 on: November 06, 2019, 08:55:34 AM »
Why would one ruin a perfectly good hill like that??

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21178 on: November 06, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »
There’s a pretty good discussion about how it was necessary to sod the berm because otherwise there would be risks of mudslides and dust inhalation while waiting on the rest of construction.

Then weighing the merits of just letting people sit on the berm but it was decided that the berm is too steep and would risk injury, Jack and Jill style. Thank goodness.

All of this is still less embarrassing than KU fans seriously proposing adding lines of port a potties to their stadium as a “fix.”
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21180 on: November 06, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
Is that like fan fiction or what was that?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #21181 on: November 06, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
That is fantastic.

Offline cat.branchman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21182 on: November 06, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
“Daddy still lives Manhattan”

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21183 on: November 06, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »
“Daddy still lives Manhattan”

AS KATDADDY I approve of this message.  :Woohoo:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21184 on: November 06, 2019, 12:43:26 PM »
Wait, did Princeton build their new stadium inside the facade of their old stadium or did they just build a new facade and weirdly put the rest of their new stadium inside of it?

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21185 on: November 06, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
Wait, did Princeton build their new stadium inside the facade of their old stadium or did they just build a new facade and weirdly put the rest of their new stadium inside of it?

Both are correct, new stadium in the old facade (that obviously took some renovating too). Not 100% sure why they wanted to keep it, but maybe it was a pretty historic stadium. Here it was previously, opened in 1914, renovated in 1998.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:55:22 PM by Shooter Jones »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #21186 on: November 06, 2019, 10:46:18 PM »
Same thing, but since 2009

Tale of 4 programs...

I'm not sure this ever got the level of attention that it should have.  HOLY rough ridin' crap.  I know the 100 losses the last 10 years thing is something we have been tracking but seeing it in visual form...  :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21187 on: November 06, 2019, 11:51:33 PM »

Tale of 4 programs...

I'm not sure this ever got the level of attention that it should have.  HOLY rough ridin' crap.  I know the 100 losses the last 10 years thing is something we have been tracking but seeing it in visual form...  :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:
Unparalleled consistency.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21188 on: November 07, 2019, 06:53:28 AM »

Tale of 4 programs...

Unparalleled consistency.

It really is crazy to see how bad they've been for so long.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21189 on: November 07, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
It just makes you appreciate those one-off upticks more.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21190 on: November 07, 2019, 09:53:40 AM »
i bet Joe Davis can name every one of those upticks.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21191 on: November 11, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21192 on: November 11, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
Didn't lose this weekend!  :Woot:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21193 on: November 11, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
Decided to see if Less is a candidate for Arkansas with him being in charge of the greatest turnaround in college football history taking place, and found some doozies. I genuinely love that site.

Honestly I hope they go hard after Klieman.

Arkansas is not a great job but its a better job then kstate, and Klieman would probably have some interest in the job.

We should be cheering hard for this to happen

they (Arkansas) are KU football bad during the Zenger/Beauty/Weis Era

With Kansas righting the ship in football someone had to take up the mantle of worst program in the P5.

You are never going to convince anybody that kstate is a better job then Arkansas, I'm not a kstate or Arkansas fan but kstate is always one bad coaching hire away from becoming the worst P5 job in America again.

Arkansas could reel off 10 consecutive losing seasons in a row and their program would never reach worst P5 job status.

I don't think Arkansas is a great job either but they have some of the richest donors in America and its a lot closer to fertile recruiting grounds then Manhattan, KS, its the only P5 school in a small state while Kstate is the land grant school in the smallest populated state with two P5 schools, and its athletic budget is the smallest in the Big 12 meaning they cant afford to pay a coach anywhere in the neighborhood Arkansas can pay one, KU pays a coach more then kstate does, ,think about that for a min because we been absolute garbage in football for the last 10 years,, kstate is not a good job at all, The Snyder miracle covered up a lot of the negatives about the job but the negatives still exist, If Klieman has some real success there I bet he bounces for a better job in the next 3-5 years where he can win a national championship and make more money, I don't see him staying for the long haul like Snyder did.

Speaking of coaching changes.. I had the pleasure of being seated around a bunch of ksu fans yesterday (gf is UT alum, which is why we were at the game) and they didn't even make it to the fourth quarter before almost all of them started audibly wishing for Snyder back.

I don’t believe coach (Miles) is going anywhere. I believe he’s appreciated the opportunity we gave him

Cliffs: Les appreciates the KU job and will stay however long is needed, Klieman will bounce to another job quickly.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21194 on: November 11, 2019, 07:13:34 PM »
I like how that guy simplified it to "the Snyder miracle" like he took some plucky upstart and had a flash in the pan instead of like, around 25 years of sustained success with only a handful of losing seasons.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21195 on: November 12, 2019, 07:23:06 AM »
Decided to see if Less is a candidate for Arkansas with him being in charge of the greatest turnaround in college football history taking place, and found some doozies. I genuinely love that site.

Honestly I hope they go hard after Klieman.

Arkansas is not a great job but its a better job then kstate, and Klieman would probably have some interest in the job.

We should be cheering hard for this to happen

they (Arkansas) are KU football bad during the Zenger/Beauty/Weis Era

With Kansas righting the ship in football someone had to take up the mantle of worst program in the P5.

You are never going to convince anybody that kstate is a better job then Arkansas, I'm not a kstate or Arkansas fan but kstate is always one bad coaching hire away from becoming the worst P5 job in America again.

Arkansas could reel off 10 consecutive losing seasons in a row and their program would never reach worst P5 job status.

I don't think Arkansas is a great job either but they have some of the richest donors in America and its a lot closer to fertile recruiting grounds then Manhattan, KS, its the only P5 school in a small state while Kstate is the land grant school in the smallest populated state with two P5 schools, and its athletic budget is the smallest in the Big 12 meaning they cant afford to pay a coach anywhere in the neighborhood Arkansas can pay one, KU pays a coach more then kstate does, ,think about that for a min because we been absolute garbage in football for the last 10 years,, kstate is not a good job at all, The Snyder miracle covered up a lot of the negatives about the job but the negatives still exist, If Klieman has some real success there I bet he bounces for a better job in the next 3-5 years where he can win a national championship and make more money, I don't see him staying for the long haul like Snyder did.

Speaking of coaching changes.. I had the pleasure of being seated around a bunch of ksu fans yesterday (gf is UT alum, which is why we were at the game) and they didn't even make it to the fourth quarter before almost all of them started audibly wishing for Snyder back.

I don’t believe coach (Miles) is going anywhere. I believe he’s appreciated the opportunity we gave him

Cliffs: Les appreciates the KU job and will stay however long is needed, Klieman will bounce to another job quickly.

I hadn't been over there since we embarrassed them on their home field. Having said that, I thought I could guess which poster(s) were making which comments.

I went 4 for 6. luvthatblue is so damn predictable and recognizable. That child has a serious inferiority complex going on.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21196 on: November 12, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
If Less has even the tiniest amount of success, he'll be on the first single engine Cessna out of there.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #21197 on: November 12, 2019, 10:15:22 AM »
That second to last quote is made up
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21198 on: November 12, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »
Most of The Phog is made up.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21199 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
Minnesota went bowling in year 2 of Fleck at 6-6 and played Georgia Tech. I think that's what we're looking at in 2021. We're basically in year -1 this year, next year will be year 0 when we lose a ton of upperclassmen and replace them with inexperienced youngsters. 2021 those kids start showing some spunk and in 2022 we really get going.