Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3146649 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is GOOD
« Reply #20800 on: September 21, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »
Everybody keep a close eye on your KU friends today and in the coming days.

Would hate for anything bad to happen to one of our brothers.

weird post
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: September 21, 2019, 07:48:55 PM »
It's just a game dude
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: September 21, 2019, 08:12:58 PM »
Looks like #100in10 is still alive.

A loss to TCU next week would get them 100 losses in 10 years.  They lost the last 7 games of 2009, so if they go 2-3 to start this season that is mission accomplished, right?

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: September 21, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »
This is season 10 starting from 2010.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: September 21, 2019, 09:10:10 PM »
KU just has to win one more to avoid the 100 losses thing. They will absolutely beat Tech.  so.....it was fun while it lasted

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20805 on: September 21, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
Is tech worse than WVU?! That’s hard to believe.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: September 21, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »

A pic I took about 10 min before kickoff. I recently moved to lfk and thought why not go to the game today. Lot of people around me saying this was the best crowd in years. A lot of optimism. Bit of a cheer when the pregame hype vid showed the BC win.

Of note, they sell beer for $7: 16oz mich ultra and bud light/heavy, and 12oz Goose Island IPA. They do have (red?!) jalapenos on the hot dog dressing bar, which I appreciated. There's a new endzone area opposite of the lazyboy section, forgot to get a pic. Looked pretty garbage as does their stadium in general. Sorry if this should've gone in the other stadium thread.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:07:48 PM by purplehaze »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: September 22, 2019, 12:01:56 AM »

A pic I took about 10 min before kickoff. I recently moved to lfk and thought why not go to the game today. Lot of people around me saying this was the best crowd in years. A lot of optimism. Bit of a cheer when the pregame hype vid showed the BC win.

Of note, they sell beer for $7: 16oz mich ultra and bud light/heavy, and 12oz Goose Island IPA. They do have (red?!) jalapenos on the hot dog dressing bar, which I appreciated. There's a new endzone area opposite of the lazyboy section, forgot to get a pic. Looked pretty garbage as does their stadium in general. Sorry if this should've gone in the other stadium thread.

Ok so are they not doing the whole 150 thing or whatever? Not seeing that logo anywhere on the field

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: September 22, 2019, 06:59:36 AM »

Ok so are they not doing the whole 150 thing or whatever? Not seeing that logo anywhere on the field
Weird. They're very proud of the 100+year old wins.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: September 22, 2019, 11:19:13 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: September 22, 2019, 11:21:00 AM »
Oh my :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: September 22, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/1175806750823452672
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: September 22, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
They're hanging moral victory banners like no tomorrow and quite frankly I'm happy for them. It's fun to be at a football game with a decently full stadium.

Excitement will continue to grow if they can win 1 of their next 3: @TCU, OU, @Texas.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: September 22, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »
They're hanging moral victory banners like no tomorrow and quite frankly I'm happy for them. It's fun to be at a football game with a decently full stadium.

Excitement will continue to grow if they can win 1 of their next 3: @TCU, OU, @Texas.

Honestly, they could beat TCU. They look just as bad as KU and WVU

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: September 22, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
I for one was very impressed by Kansas’ performance yesterday, wherein they lost at home to the second worst team in the conference.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: September 23, 2019, 07:49:10 AM »

Honestly, they could beat TCU. They look just as bad as KU and WVU

No, I think SMU was just that much better. The TCU game will be close, because for some reason Sweaty Gary likes to keep the KU game close enough to lose, but I don't see KU coming out with a W on that one. Tech is their next legitimate shot unless Baylor or Iowa State just completely forget to show up.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: September 23, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
It's like they forgot that they were playing legitimately "kind of bad" (as opposed to "awful") football in the second half of last season.

vs. TCU - W 27-26
vs. ISU - L 3-27
@ KSU - L 17-21
@ OU - L 40-55
vs. Texas - L 17-24

But now, Les eeks out a win to Indiana St., loses at home to Coastal, smokes a (to put it charitably) mediocre BC team, and then loses to WVU at home and all of a sudden, "KU football is moving in the right direction"?   They may be better than last year, but all of this looks pretty familiar.  KU remains "kind of bad."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: September 23, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »
wvu looked as dogshit as ku, so to lose that game at home in front of what they are calling their best home crowd in years, isn't a great sign.  i think they are banking on having a top 25 recruiting class, which if they can do that after a 2-4 win season, with that stadium, that would be impressive for miles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: September 23, 2019, 09:24:51 AM »
They appear much improved as SP+ shows. However since they have been historically awful lately, improved is still a bad football team.
Guessing they beat TCU though due to their weird game histories lately.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: September 23, 2019, 09:29:06 AM »
ChULA has KU ranked 87. They are better, but they still are awful.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20820 on: September 23, 2019, 12:12:36 PM »
wvu looked as dogshit as ku, so to lose that game at home in front of what they are calling their best home crowd in years, isn't a great sign.  i think they are banking on having a top 25 recruiting class, which if they can do that after a 2-4 win season, with that stadium, that would be impressive for miles

Was the game on ESPN+?  I am a subscriber.  I tried to look for it Saturday, and had no luck.  It did not show  up in my queue of games to watch.  I went back to watch a replay the next day, and it still is not there.

I could just be clueless, or maybe they blacked it out close to Lawrence (I'm in Topeka).  Not sure.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: September 23, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »
I watched it on ESPN+
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: September 23, 2019, 12:24:22 PM »
i watched it live, you probably should have just searched for it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: September 23, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »
Welp, their notice of allegations came through for all the basketball cheating, and guess what, the football investigation/allegation is involved as well.

They're so poor they're going to get themselves on probation so they don't have to pay Beatty.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: September 23, 2019, 04:58:32 PM »
Welp, their notice of allegations came through for all the basketball cheating, and guess what, the football investigation/allegation is involved as well.

They're so poor they're going to get themselves on probation so they don't have to pay Beatty.

Will it get them out of paying Beaty the $3 million they owe him, or will this investigation get them off the hook?  Not a dead hooker, but it may be close enough.