Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3207961 times)

MeatSauce and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19200 on: May 21, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
would currie take that crap stain of a job? 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: May 21, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »
would currie take that crap stain of a job?
Apparently Girod thinks Clemson's AD is someone who would.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: May 21, 2018, 01:12:44 PM »
 :lol:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19203 on: May 21, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »
Hopefully Zenger has a cushy spot waiting for him in the KSUAD for all his efforts.

Pretty sure you're joking, but just in case you're not... I don't want that bozo anywhere near our department. Seriously, the mustang may not be what we wanted, but at least he's not destroying programs like Zenger did.

I'm curious who they think will take the job though? Self's program is the only thing keeping that whole department from falling into a death spiral.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19204 on: May 21, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »
I'd certainly hire Zenger in an AD office role. Not saying to replace the Mustang but in some capacity. He's as purple as they come.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19205 on: May 21, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
I didn't know we actually had fans here that didn't know he was a mole for us.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: May 21, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Mission accomplished
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: May 21, 2018, 02:06:57 PM »
Hopefully Zenger has a cushy spot waiting for him in the KSUAD for all his efforts.

Pretty sure you're joking, but just in case you're not... I don't want that bozo anywhere near our department. Seriously, the mustang may not be what we wanted, but at least he's not destroying programs like Zenger did.

I'm curious who they think will take the job though? Self's program is the only thing keeping that whole department from falling into a death spiral.

Actually, KU has really climbed the ladder in women's volleyball.  Doesn't seem like that big of an accomplishment, but that sport is huge at Nebraska, OU, Texas, USC, and other big programs.  I think KU volleyball has been in the top 10 the last couple of years.  If you haven't seen a game, they are fantastic athletic contests to watch. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: May 21, 2018, 02:11:28 PM »
Buzz from an insider is that the Memorial Stadium renovation program was going well, but they didn't think Beaty was the face of the football program for the new stadium (3-33 record the last 3 years?).  So, they fired Zenger.  New AD will replace Beaty, so this is the first domino. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: May 21, 2018, 02:49:03 PM »
7 years, 7 Big XII Championships in basketball. The guy did everything they asked of him. He doesn't deserve this.

Doesn't this make him the second KU AD in a row to be fired for winning 7 Big XII Championships in basketball?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: May 21, 2018, 02:52:07 PM »
7 years, 7 Big XII Championships in basketball. The guy did everything they asked of him. He doesn't deserve this.

Doesn't this make him the second KU AD in a row to be fired for winning 7 Big XII Championships in basketball?

:D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: May 21, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
that's an incredible stat Pete. I tweeted it and formally referenced you.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: May 21, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »
Oh man, those guys think they could land someone that would bring in Venables.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the elation from being rid of Zenger is going to their heads. The idea that a large money SEC or Big10 school AD leaves and comes to KU is absolutely laughable.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: May 21, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »
they're hiring harbaugh.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: May 21, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
I'd certainly hire Zenger in an AD office role. Not saying to replace the Mustang but in some capacity. He's as purple as they come.

While he may be as purple as they come, he's damaged goods and tainted.  I'd rather not have him near anywhere in Manhattan.

He needs to go to a D-II or D-IAA school to rehabilitate his image.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19215 on: May 21, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »

While he may be as purple as they come, he's damaged goods and tainted.  I'd rather not have him near anywhere in Manhattan.

his image in the eyes of whom?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #19216 on: May 21, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
If it's ever publicly leaked that he sabotaged/swindled KU because of that sweet alma mater love, his career will truly be unsalvageable. Really put his ass on the line. True k-statriot hero IMO
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19217 on: May 21, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

Most university presidents and search committees.

Do you want to hire a guy who has the following on his resume:

1. KU lost money in 2017, and donors had to cover a more than $19 million operating deficit.

2. Zenger wants KU to build a $350 million athletic facilities, which I believe is a huge huge risk because, even if they press forward on that, it puts on additional pressure on the donors and the university itself.  Bascially, throwing more money into the problem that isn't really going to solve itself.  KU should had done it when Mangino was there (strike while the iron is hot) and was winning football games.

- Hate all you want on John Currie (which I do), but he started the facilities upgrade at the right time (2011-2012 season), because the iron was hot and he struck it right on the nose.

3.  Adidas scandal.  While I am aware the KU is the "victim" of thie scheme and they aren't indicted as a suspect(s), it kind of brings a question on how "on the top of things" Zenger really is.

4.  Cheerleader hazing. On top of that, I'm sure some of ya'll are quick to forget, but that also had the :opcat: incident in 2016.

Too many warts and not enough good things (other than the basketball conference championships streak, but that started well before him).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19218 on: May 21, 2018, 08:10:23 PM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19219 on: May 22, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »
they're hiring harbaugh.

Yep, I went over to check and those dolts still think he was just a pen stroke away from coming to the wonderful KC suburb of Lawrence, Kansas. :jerk:

That level of delusion just cracks me up.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19220 on: May 22, 2018, 09:15:22 AM »

Most university presidents and search committees.

Do you want to hire a guy who has the following on his resume:

1. KU lost money in 2017, and donors had to cover a more than $19 million operating deficit.

2. Zenger wants KU to build a $350 million athletic facilities, which I believe is a huge huge risk because, even if they press forward on that, it puts on additional pressure on the donors and the university itself.  Bascially, throwing more money into the problem that isn't really going to solve itself.  KU should had done it when Mangino was there (strike while the iron is hot) and was winning football games.

- Hate all you want on John Currie (which I do), but he started the facilities upgrade at the right time (2011-2012 season), because the iron was hot and he struck it right on the nose.

3.  Adidas scandal.  While I am aware the KU is the "victim" of thie scheme and they aren't indicted as a suspect(s), it kind of brings a question on how "on the top of things" Zenger really is.

4.  Cheerleader hazing. On top of that, I'm sure some of ya'll are quick to forget, but that also had the :opcat: incident in 2016.

Too many warts and not enough good things (other than the basketball conference championships streak, but that started well before him).

Say it with me... ENDOWMENT

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19221 on: May 22, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »
Recommend Beatty for KU AD

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19222 on: May 22, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »
UPDATED: Brett McMurphy lists 'top candidates' for KU AD opening

New spy?

2. Kenny Mossman, Oklahoma senior associate athletics director for external operations

Like Zenger — at least in part — Mossman attended Kansas State for his education. He then worked in the sports information office at Kansas State before hopping over to Illinois State and then Oklahoma in 2001.

At Oklahoma, Mossman was originally hired as director of communications. Since then, he has underwent three promotions and has "had oversight on several improvements to the current stadium and is leading completion of the masterplan for future construction," according to his OU athletics page. The site also lists him as having helped make strides on the marketing and communications sides of the athletics department.

Mossman, reached for comment on Tuesday by the OU Daily, reportedly said: "I haven't had any contact with anyone associated with that position."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19223 on: May 22, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
The first rule of KSU Athletic Directors' Club is...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19224 on: May 22, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
would ku hire any athletic personnel that didn't have some tie to K-State?  I mean, I suppose they could.  Seems pretty rare for them...