Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3319856 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18325 on: October 23, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »
I can't imagine how Meachum must have felt.  No doubt he had that game circled on his calendar since he was hired.  Then, on his big night, in front of his former boss, colleagues, players, and fanbase, he goes out and engineers the worst offensive performance the sport has seen in DECADES.

For almost everyone on earth, that kind of humiliation only exists in nightmares.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: October 23, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »
I can't imagine how Meachum must have felt.  No doubt he had that game circled on his calendar since he was hired.  Then, on his big night, in front of his former boss, colleagues, players, and fanbase, he goes out and engineers the worst offensive performance the sport has seen in DECADES.

For almost everyone on earth, that kind of humiliation only exists in nightmares.

Did I hear during the broadcast that he left TCU to eventually get a head coaching gig?   :frown:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »
It's weird that he's working under Beatty, really.  He's had far more experience and success than Beatty has had.

Really, they should just hire Meachum to be the head coach (not kidding).  They're not getting someone with the legitimate pedigree of Mark Mangino (or Turner Gill) to show up given how much worse the circumstances are now than they were in '01 or '10.

This morning, Fesco was saying that they should go and hire Greg Schiano, Leavitt or Venables.  I almost crashed my car when I heard that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
It's weird that he's working under Beatty, really.  He's had far more experience and success than Beatty has had.

Really, they should just hire Meachum to be the head coach (not kidding).  They're not getting someone with the legitimate pedigree of Mark Mangino (or Turner Gill) to show up given how much worse the circumstances are now than they were in '01 or '10.

This morning, Fesco was saying that they should go and hire Greg Schiano, Leavitt or Venables.  I almost crashed my car when I heard that.

I honestly think I'd go full STC for football if this happened. I don't want to be put in the situation to find out, but I think I would

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: October 23, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.
I don't feel bad for dudes that make a crap load of loot just because they has a rough day at work.

I first, I felt a bit bad.  However, you are right.  In addition, not only does he pull a ton of dough, I must remember he chose this job, it didn't choose him.

Why do you guys give a crap about how much money the dude makes? This is the take of someone without money resentful of people that do. If you can't muster some sympathy for what that dude is going through in that photo, you are a miserable person hoping that others misery will make you feel better.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18330 on: October 23, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.
I don't feel bad for dudes that make a crap load of loot just because they has a rough day at work.

I first, I felt a bit bad.  However, you are right.  In addition, not only does he pull a ton of dough, I must remember he chose this job, it didn't choose him.

Why do you guys give a crap about how much money the dude makes? This is the take of someone without money resentful of people that do. If you can't muster some sympathy for what that dude is going through in that photo, you are a miserable person hoping that others misery will make you feel better.
LOL, here come's MIR to inflict his moral superiority on everyone.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: October 23, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
Can we take a knee on every offensive possession where we have more points than them?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: October 23, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

Maybe I'm morally superior, maybe you're just a miserable piece of garbage :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: October 23, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

The worst day of your life is the worst day of your life, regardless of how much money you make.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: October 23, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: October 23, 2017, 03:30:11 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

Maybe I'm morally superior, maybe you're just a miserable piece of garbage :dunno:

This is a great quote. Someone make a meme of this with like Alexander Hamilton or something.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »
Is better news for Meacham, it has been proven that you can leave/get fired from KU and still have success.

If you have been fired from KU as a head coach and had success afterwards please raise your hand!

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
Well lucky for him he gets to rebound by facing our D this week.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: October 23, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

The worst day of your life is the worst day of your life, regardless of how much money you make.
I would counter that to say that in no way should losing a football game be the worst day of your life. Or else you've lived an extremely charmed life. In either scenario, I don't feel sorry for someone. But hey, people that have never met me think I'm miserable*.

*Of course another scenario is that I'm a happy person w/ perspective. Who knows?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: October 23, 2017, 03:52:21 PM »
Yeah, that shutout streak is over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: October 23, 2017, 03:53:28 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

I would counter that to say that in no way should losing a football game be the worst day of your life. Or else you've lived an extremely charmed life. In either scenario, I don't feel sorry for someone. But hey, people that have never met me think I'm miserable*.

*Of course another scenario is that I'm a happy person w/ perspective. Who knows?

It's his career, you rat, his life's work. How do you not get that?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

That game was his life's work? Or maybe he's just having a rough year in an otherwise pretty successful career. Sorry if I won't shed a tear over it. He'll be fine. Gain perspective MIR.

If I could give you a little advice to minimize the eye rolls around you, stop assuming you're the smartest guy in the room. Pro-tip, you probably aren't.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: October 23, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »
He is experiencing the end of a once-successful career.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: October 23, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
I doubt that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: October 23, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

That game was his life's work? Or maybe he's just having a rough year in an otherwise pretty successful career. Sorry if I won't shed a tear over it. He'll be fine. Gain perspective MIR.

If I could give you a little advice to minimize the eye rolls around you, stop assuming you're the smartest guy in the room. Pro-tip, you probably aren't.

Whether I am or aren't is completely irrelevant, that only seems to be an issue with people with an inferiority complex. We can continue to talk about my superiority and your inferiority or we can talk about Doug Mecham, either way I'm completely good. This won't work out for you the way it does on KSO.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18345 on: October 23, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
I doubt that.

He doesn't look like he doubts that.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: October 23, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »
It’s less funny now.

But still funny.

Whether I am or aren't is completely irrelevant, that only seems to be an issue with people with an inferiority complex. We can continue to talk about my superiority and your inferiority or we can talk about Doug Mecham, either way I'm completely good. This won't work out for you the way it does on KSO.
I don't knwo what KSO is, but sure let's stick to Doug and you thinking I need to feel bad for him. Here's the situation from my perspective. I"ve got pretty much only have so much empathy to give in a certain day. I mean, how many give a fucks do you have? Chances are a limited amount. If not, great, you spend all day crying in the bathroom for the animals getting euthenized. And that is great, no sarcasm. So here I am choosing to not feel bad for a guy that is wildly successful over the course of his career compared to those that try because he's having a rough couple months. Meanwhile, there's real rough ridin' tragedy in the world. Kids with cancer, crap...adults with cancer. People starvign,homeless, the list is fuckin' long. And then here comes you, telling me that I should feel bad for a guy that has made a bunch of money doing something largely (completely?) unimportant simply because he's sad and sitting on stairs after a loss. Sorry, that doesn't break my empathy threashold.

I'll retract my feeling if he lost a loved one or something actually sad. Coaching at KU and losing is somethign he should have prepared himself for. If not, then that's on him.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: October 23, 2017, 06:00:27 PM »
I don't feel bad for him.  He's a squawk and anyone stupid/desperate enough to associate themselves with that trash heap gets what's coming to them. 

That said, I do understand why he's dejected.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »
I mean it's definitely sad and a rare glimpse into a private moment that probably shouldn't have been photographed and tweeted to the world, but..... it's still a little funny bc it just captures just how far below bad that program is right now

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU football is hurting
« Reply #18349 on: October 23, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
That photo will likely keep a lot of promising coaching candidates from seriously considering an offer from KU.