Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145844 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17550 on: August 08, 2017, 10:44:12 PM »
I went to "phog.com" for the first time in a long time to look for a better pic of the wheel of fortune renovations but instead stumbled upon this.  Pretty good post.

It's the hypocrisy that's revolting. Dishonorable Bill, and his self righteous fan base. When the game, his sleazy game, cuts against Snyder's interests, he gets all weepy with moral platitudes? I have an epiphany for weasel bill, honor really is a great thing. I think the only honor in manhattan is onher, like onher like ElRoberson.

Gayhawks are a discussing group of hateful, jealous losers. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: August 09, 2017, 06:04:05 AM »
I went to "phog.com" for the first time in a long time to look for a better pic of the wheel of fortune renovations but instead stumbled upon this.  Pretty good post.

It's the hypocrisy that's revolting. Dishonorable Bill, and his self righteous fan base. When the game, his sleazy game, cuts against Snyder's interests, he gets all weepy with moral platitudes? I have an epiphany for weasel bill, honor really is a great thing. I think the only honor in manhattan is onher, like onher like ElRoberson.

Gayhawks are a discussing group of hateful, jealous losers. 
Well at least they talk amongst themselves about their problems

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17552 on: August 09, 2017, 06:49:20 AM »
Oye'... it doesn't get better from the air.

Here's some B-grade drone footage that the KU AD put out.
https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/894746407462031361

This guy's excited voice is boring

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: August 09, 2017, 04:55:08 PM »
Where are they storing the barca loungers?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17554 on: August 09, 2017, 05:17:24 PM »
Probably just piled them up in one of the yards of that student ghetto near by.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17555 on: August 09, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »
Probably just piled them up in one of the yards of that student ghetto near by.
eff man, where will people park on game day?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17556 on: August 09, 2017, 09:41:06 PM »
Oye'... it doesn't get better from the air.

Here's some B-grade drone footage that the KU AD put out.
https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/894746407462031361

As it rolls through the :15-:25 span or there abouts, the facade's concrete looks like a third rate South American civic stadium that shows up in movies and documentaries with the only difference being some massive fatheads stuck to the sides by the KUAD.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17557 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
reminds me of a football stadium that you'd find in one of the eastern baltic states, if they had them.  if football was in latvia, this would be their stadium.

football game?  let's go to stadium
nuclear war? let's go to stadium
looking for evil scientists?  basement of stadium

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #17558 on: August 09, 2017, 10:08:29 PM »
Ku football should probably lay low for awhile, at least until they can compete in the d1aa
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: August 09, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
reminds me of a football stadium that you'd find in one of the eastern baltic states, if they had them.  if football was in latvia, this would be their stadium.

At many levels, you are correct.  Having been in a stadium in Latvia, the concretiness is pretty spot on.  However, it is the cracking and crumbling that pushes me toward South America.  The Latvians, for all their issues, would be a bit more proactive in keeping the former People's Stadium from crumbling to that extent by doing some basic upkeep.

P.S. - If you are young (and dumb) and in Latvia during the winter, don't wander off onto the frozen Bay of Riga wondering how far you can walk on the ice before you can't go any further.  Though it sounds like an interesting challenge at the time, in retrospect one realizes if a storm rolls in you could lose your bearings as to which way the shore is - and also an icebreaker might come by to clear the shipping lane and utterly F up your day.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17560 on: August 09, 2017, 11:36:18 PM »

O hai
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: August 10, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
Talked to a KC buddy in the construction biz, his firm does a lot of large projects and he's on the biz development side charged with keeping up with upcoming projects, liaisoning with architectural firms, suppliers, facilities, and planning staff at government agencies and larger businesses etc. etc. 

He said he'd be surprised if rendos hit before Oct. or November for our long awaited renovation of beloved Memorial Stadium.

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: August 10, 2017, 02:26:39 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17563 on: August 10, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
Talked to a KC buddy in the construction biz, his firm does a lot of large projects and he's on the biz development side charged with keeping up with upcoming projects, liaisoning with architectural firms, suppliers, facilities, and planning staff at government agencies and larger businesses etc. etc. 

He said he'd be surprised if rendos hit before Oct. or November for our long awaited renovation of beloved Memorial Stadium.

sounds like a butthurt grape that can't accept the fact that k-state will suck after snyder dies and ku is a rising program under great coach Beattie

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17565 on: August 10, 2017, 02:48:28 PM »

sounds like a butthurt grape that can't accept the fact that k-state will suck after snyder dies and ku is a rising program under great coach Beattie

He's actually seeing dollar signs (depending on how they bid it, which will be dictated in how they finance it, and they will need financing if the private contributions are paid out over years).     

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17566 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
the letters kind of remind me of what cheerleaders might do to pep up the stands before a high school homecoming game. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17567 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »

At many levels, you are correct.  Having been in a stadium in Latvia, the concretiness is pretty spot on.  However, it is the cracking and crumbling that pushes me toward South America.  The Latvians, for all their issues, would be a bit more proactive in keeping the former People's Stadium from crumbling to that extent by doing some basic upkeep.

P.S. - If you are young (and dumb) and in Latvia during the winter, don't wander off onto the frozen Bay of Riga wondering how far you can walk on the ice before you can't go any further.  Though it sounds like an interesting challenge at the time, in retrospect one realizes if a storm rolls in you could lose your bearings as to which way the shore is - and also an icebreaker might come by to clear the shipping lane and utterly F up your day.

Big Sam's post started pretty blah then got cool af.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: August 10, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/895445696647761920

WTF... is this going to be some kind of cheap message board now? I mean they just got the first Kansas Jayhawks/Rock Chalk up earlier this week.

... or are they trying to turn this into a game, keep us all wondering what the stadium will say next?

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: August 10, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »

He's actually seeing dollar signs (depending on how they bid it, which will be dictated in how they finance it, and they will need financing if the private contributions are paid out over years).   

Financing as in bonding? Or borrowing against their endowment? Can they even do that?

Just curious. Will be astonished if they get tax money for it considering they got shot down trying to get bonding for the Rape Tower they built for their athletes.

If KU goes into even more unmanageable debt from this. More power to them! Lol

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: August 10, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »

WTF... is this going to be some kind of cheap message board now? I mean they just got the first Kansas Jayhawks/Rock Chalk up earlier this week.

... or are they trying to turn this into a game, keep us all wondering what the stadium will say next?

KU athletics had to go steal an "N" from a nearby gas station in order to finish the "IN" part of the daily puzzle.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: August 10, 2017, 05:13:02 PM »
Is that signage real? It can't be. I'll temper my laughter. Lord knows we beat the 'we own texas' drum to death and barf out  plentu of merchandise about it

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17572 on: August 10, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »

KU athletics had to go steal an "N" from a nearby gas station in order to finish the "IN" part of the daily puzzle.

It's a sideways Z

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: August 10, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »
Now we see why the barcloungers are gone.  Had to elevate their game.  Welcome to the endzone club!

http://kuathletics.com/sports/2017/8/8/field-goal-club-request.aspx?utm_medium=sidearm-email&utm_source=kuathletics.com&utm_campaign=KU+FB%3a+Kansas+football+unveils+Field+Goal+Club+for+2017+season&utm_content=e3146369-5568-4d11-aa3d-1338632a6807

Win win for the 'Hawk fans.  Place to get hammered while their team is being hammered on the field.  And, they get to shut off more empty bleacher seats and make cut capacity down at Memorial.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: August 10, 2017, 05:59:38 PM »
is that a parody?