Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3292428 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #16925 on: February 13, 2017, 01:19:03 PM »
Hillkick wrote: Manhatten offers nothing:

Town- sucks, boring, literally smells like sht, depressing drive in from highway
Chicks- the mean weight has to be in the 180s
Dudes- huckleberry dorks
Season ticket fans- weirdos
Unis- purple
Academics- Ag can't be too popular with the young athlete demo

Snyder is an incredible coach. Huggins had his year off and it was parlayed into Beasley and lucking out Frank Martin could muscle out wins.

They have a two sport collapse coming, all while Self raises his own bar and Beaty performs recruiting miracles.

When footballs script gets flipped, they will fall far off the map and into the 'left out of super power conference' talk in a few years.

They are seriously eligible in 5 years to become a New Mexico St, Utah St type where most college fans aren't sure what conference they compete. It could get that bad.....and an annual KU basketball game could be their one nationally televised game.

Nice stadium addition, though.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: February 13, 2017, 01:24:19 PM »
It's going to suck for them when Self lead rape machine collapses and Leavitt is winning 8-9 games a season
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »
Hillkick wrote: Manhatten offers nothing:

Town- sucks, boring, literally smells like sht, depressing drive in from highway (okay, but Lawrence is still in Kansas and has the Co-Ops, grain elevators and implement dealerships to prove it.  Not to mention every KU fan demanding that Lawrence be validated and affirmed as a "great" college town, it's mainly a dump)

Chicks- the mean weight has to be in the 180s (trying to avoid sounding like a typical phog misogynist but I've yet to see any real proof that KU is loaded with hot chicks, non college attending ku t-shirt fans showing their boobs on twitter doesn't equal attractive coeds, but the way the phog talks about women I would suspect they all pull chicks like Hef Circa 1964 . . . okay, not really). 

Dudes- huckleberry dorks (apparently this person hasn't taken a good look at large gatherings of KU people, particularly those that show up for airport arrivals and the like.   Looks like the Star Trek Club meets the Dungeons and Dragons Club).
Season ticket fans- weirdos (KU Karl is based on real KU fans)

Unis- purple

Academics- Ag can't be too popular with the young athlete demo  (Ag is the 5th largest college in enrollment at K-State)

Snyder is an incredible coach. Huggins had his year off and it was parlayed into Beasley and lucking out Frank Martin could muscle out wins.

They have a two sport collapse coming, all while Self raises his own bar and Beaty performs recruiting miracles.  (I get Self, but "raising" the bar, the 10th anniversary of their last natty is right around the corner.  "Miracles"?  It takes a special kind of suck for a P5 football program to be as bad as KU has been for the last 8 years, given the entirely new financial paradigm of college athletics ). 

When footballs script gets flipped, they will fall far off the map and into the 'left out of super power conference' talk in a few years. (Script gets flipped?  KU has never had the level of success that K-State has had under Snyder, not even close on any conceivable level)

They are seriously eligible in 5 years to become a New Mexico St, Utah St type where most college fans aren't sure what conference they compete. It could get that bad.....and an annual KU basketball game could be their one nationally televised game. (KU fans literally sound like MU fans and the, "the Big 10 is gonna call any second" shtick they clung to for 40 years)

Nice stadium addition, though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: February 13, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
Apparently Snyder made his coaches abusive.  :frown:

I don't really think KSU is so worried about recruiting battles. They tend to get who they are going to get, and try to coach them up.
Also in circles there has to be some clamoring all this player abuse stuff goes back Snyder - Mangio, Leavitt, Stoops Bros, Leach all branch off the Snyder tree, directly or indirectly.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: February 13, 2017, 02:23:09 PM »
Apparently Snyder made his coaches abusive.  :frown:

I don't really think KSU is so worried about recruiting battles. They tend to get who they are going to get, and try to coach them up.
Also in circles there has to be some clamoring all this player abuse stuff goes back Snyder - Mangio, Leavitt, Stoops Bros, Leach all branch off the Snyder tree, directly or indirectly.

Leach?

Glen Mason was "abusive" . . . weird how two of the most successful (as in successfully mediocre) football coaches KU has had in the last 50 years were "abusive". 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: February 13, 2017, 02:23:56 PM »
Is it a KU thing to spell Manhattan incorrectly? Like some sort of slight jab I don't get, or are they all that dumb?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: February 13, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
Remember when KU bought that virtual reality football program thing?  Wonder how that's going.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: February 13, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
Remember when KU bought that virtual reality football program thing?  Wonder how that's going.

It was gonna be a game changer.   I recall watching a game with an SEC school that bought the same system and the announcers were talking about how it really helped their QB, he threw 3 picks.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: February 13, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »
They're all pretty excited with Beaty's recruiting class, and already predicting dominance over K-State by 2018. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »
They're all pretty excited with Beaty's recruiting class, and already predicting dominance over K-State by 2018.

Once those guys actually see Lawrance, they will flip to any southern school, that asks

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16935 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:48 PM »

Of course they are... They're all products of watching nothing but basketball.

In hoops, if you can recruit a bunch of 4-5 star athletes, you can pretty much just roll the ball out there against 2-3 stars and win.  See Scott Drew at Baylor for example.

In football, not so much.  HCBS has literally forgotten more football in his lifetime than Beatty will ever know and thus will continue to own him the same way he does UT and Sumlin at aggy.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: February 13, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
pretty sure one of the guys from their recruiting class has already decommitted

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: February 13, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: February 13, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
Remember guys, KU fan logic dictates that K-State will suck completely when LHC Bill Snyder leaves and KU basketball will win forever no matter who is coaching them.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: February 13, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »

One of those top, "commits," already decommitted. Sorry if luked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: February 13, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »

https://campusinsiders.com/news/jamarr-chase-decommits-kansas-jayhawks-02-13-2017/

“After having a lengthy discussion with my parents, I realized that I can’t make a rational decision when my emotions are involved. Making a decision about my future needs to be a family decision, and I have to make sure that my family is on the same page. This has nothing to do with Kansas or the coaches at Kansas. It’s a great place, and they’re doing great things. With that being said, I’m announcing my decommitment from [the] Kansas Jayhawks.”

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: February 13, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »

https://campusinsiders.com/news/jamarr-chase-decommits-kansas-jayhawks-02-13-2017/

“After having a lengthy discussion with my parents, I realized that I can’t make a rational decision when my emotions are involved. Making a decision about my future needs to be a family decision, and I have to make sure that my family is on the same page. This has nothing to do with Kansas or the coaches at Kansas. It’s a great place, and they’re doing great things. With that being said, I’m announcing my decommitment from [the] Kansas Jayhawks.”

Someone get our recruiters down there! He's a FAMILY type guy! Righy up our alley! Man o man, would love to steal a recruit KU is gushing over just to shove in in their face. Would make for a solid chuckle.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: February 13, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »
He's probably garbage tho.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: February 13, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
the only reason KU got those NOLA guys is because there was a boycott of LSU by NOLA coaches. It will get sorted well before signing day.

Beaty is a much better recruiter than everyone post-Mangino, but that is a low bar and the results on the field are mixed at best.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: February 14, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
...and the results on the field are mixed at best.
"Mixed at best" is a very polite way of describing one FBS win in 2 seasons.

Turner Gill beat Georgia Tech and Weis beat WVU.  People forget that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: February 14, 2017, 11:47:31 AM »

I think weis beat isu and bowen beat WVU. Maybe that's backwards tho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: February 14, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »

Pretty well I'd say. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: February 14, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »

Sure, but you inherit what you inherit. Weis screwed over Beaty really badly.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: February 14, 2017, 03:12:36 PM »

Sure, but you inherit what you inherit. Weis screwed over Beaty really badly.
Weis didn't exactly inherit a treasure trove himself. 

In any event, my point is that Beaty may turn out to be a serviceable (or better) coach for KU, but so far, he's done nothing to show me he's any better than Gill or (pre-juco overload) Weis.  That said, he's done some things off the field that are encouraging if you're a KU fan -- most notably, hiring Meacham.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: February 14, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
he retained bowen, that guy is a defensive stud mastermind

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.