Author Topic: The KU Rayhawks are NOT going through a rough patch. They make Raytown, Missouri proud!  (Read 3538805 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The deep state seems to be suppressing this tweet
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is like KU getting a lot of over-the-top pre-season hype?  I get it, they now have some talent that they’ve been lacking, but that somehow makes them the team to beat?

My conspiracy mind thinks this is all a setup job, to raise their profile for an SEC or B10 poach and weaken the BigXII.  They’re not THAT good, right?!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is like KU getting a lot of over-the-top pre-season hype?  I get it, they now have some talent that they’ve been lacking, but that somehow makes them the team to beat?

My conspiracy mind thinks this is all a setup job, to raise their profile for an SEC or B10 poach and weaken the BigXII.  They’re not THAT good, right?!

It'll recede once the conference season begins and Daniels is one the sidelines again.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

It'll recede once the conference season begins and Daniels is one the sidelines again they play anyone with a pulse.

Their current hype, even on the phog, comes from them having what looks to be an incredibly easy schedule. It's possible they are 7-0 when they come to Manhattan and yet will still not have played even a fringe top 25 team.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

This is stupider than any conspiracy dax has ever come up with. Get a rough ridin' grip.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It'll recede once the conference season begins and Daniels is one the sidelines again they play anyone with a pulse.

Their current hype, even on the phog, comes from them having what looks to be an incredibly easy schedule. It's possible they are 7-0 when they come to Manhattan and yet will still not have played even a fringe top 25 team.

I wouldn't sleep on @WVU.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i’ve been reviewing a crap ton of dossiers from CFB folks in the know and everyone to a man agrees that this ku team is their best team in decades. 

it’s gonna be a hell of a ride, hawk bros, BUCKLE UP!!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile

I would agree with this. They were certainly much better than expected last year, and look to accomplish more this year. We'll just have to see how things play out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is stupider than any conspiracy dax has ever come up with. Get a rough ridin' grip.

Absolutely amazing . . .  :lol: :lol:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
The only part of the Lance Lightpole story that bothers me is now it's being said he's the coach who's made the greatest turnaround in CFB history. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Time will tell.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile

I would agree with this. They were certainly much better than expected last year, and look to accomplish more this year. We'll just have to see how things play out.

Agreed. They took a good step forward last year and ku has to play them on the road. I know I wouldn't brush WV off. I feel like for this season. WV is the Kazzu Cats of not an easy out
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I didn’t know Daniels is a 5th year. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
I are engineer... M.E. class of '10

What I keep racking my mind with, is I've been on numerous multimillion dollar projects. It doesn't matter how much planning you do beforehand, or how many laser scans or 3D models you make, when it comes to the actual fabrication and construction of these things, there's always multiple square pegs that get built for round holes, always. It happens with renovations or new construction, doesn't matter. The number of issues though, and the severity of those issues, is usually directly correlated to the planning, funding, aptitude, and leadership of the project (obviously). I have seen how corners have been cut in order to either preserve schedules or mitigate cost overruns. Some of these corrections are unnoticeable or easily forgotten. Others, I still chuckle about as I walk by as the general public has no idea how much lipstick got put on that particular pig to make it acceptable. Again, it happens.

However, this project is only 7 months underway from when demolition started and to date:
They're behind schedule to the point that they had to forgo all home games this year (not in the original plan)
They're already needing an additional +$100 million (funding was never secured)
They have abandoned immediate plans for the remaining 1/3 of the stadium (just know that it will be done... at some point)

This is what prompted my previous question of what is their plan for connecting to the existing part of the old stadium? I'm sure there's a solution in place, but it continues to look more and more like a botched job.

And the need for that much additional funding after things have started... A project like this should be done on a lump sum basis. That way materials and personnel can be contracted, prices locked in, and schedules/resources can be planned and allocated accordingly. Surely they would not have done this on a T&M basis. I wouldn't even know how you could audit a project like this in such a manner. Were they hoping that more money would be pledged if people saw progress???

I could be getting way ahead of myself because they haven't finished pouring concrete and there's plenty of steel left to go. I just know that if I was in charge of this, I'd be starting to be concerned about the final product.

Can you condense this to 2-3 sentences? I'm not going to read this.

Based on my experience with similar priced and scope construction endeavors , I am concerned our brothers to the east may have taken on more than they can handle, or possibly have the wrong people overseeing things. There are numerous indications that this was not well thought or planned out. There should not be these kinds of large problems this early into the project.
i don’t know anything about construction but what you’re describing is just noise. 

the project will be completed. whatever that actually means in this case is really fuzzy, but they’re going to have something, and whatever that is will be exponentially better than what they had.  from what i’ve seen, it is no comparison to what we have, which is essentially the best luxury cruise ship in kansas. but it will be good for a fledgling football club.

no one here should look at the construction cameras and not be excited.

Coming back to this since I was able to get some answers. They are not going to connect the old east side to any of the new construction. It will be a standalone structure with "cleaned up" ends, very similar to how Iowa's Kinnick Stadium is on the south end.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
I are engineer... M.E. class of '10

What I keep racking my mind with, is I've been on numerous multimillion dollar projects. It doesn't matter how much planning you do beforehand, or how many laser scans or 3D models you make, when it comes to the actual fabrication and construction of these things, there's always multiple square pegs that get built for round holes, always. It happens with renovations or new construction, doesn't matter. The number of issues though, and the severity of those issues, is usually directly correlated to the planning, funding, aptitude, and leadership of the project (obviously). I have seen how corners have been cut in order to either preserve schedules or mitigate cost overruns. Some of these corrections are unnoticeable or easily forgotten. Others, I still chuckle about as I walk by as the general public has no idea how much lipstick got put on that particular pig to make it acceptable. Again, it happens.

However, this project is only 7 months underway from when demolition started and to date:
They're behind schedule to the point that they had to forgo all home games this year (not in the original plan)
They're already needing an additional +$100 million (funding was never secured)
They have abandoned immediate plans for the remaining 1/3 of the stadium (just know that it will be done... at some point)

This is what prompted my previous question of what is their plan for connecting to the existing part of the old stadium? I'm sure there's a solution in place, but it continues to look more and more like a botched job.

And the need for that much additional funding after things have started... A project like this should be done on a lump sum basis. That way materials and personnel can be contracted, prices locked in, and schedules/resources can be planned and allocated accordingly. Surely they would not have done this on a T&M basis. I wouldn't even know how you could audit a project like this in such a manner. Were they hoping that more money would be pledged if people saw progress???

I could be getting way ahead of myself because they haven't finished pouring concrete and there's plenty of steel left to go. I just know that if I was in charge of this, I'd be starting to be concerned about the final product.

Can you condense this to 2-3 sentences? I'm not going to read this.

Based on my experience with similar priced and scope construction endeavors , I am concerned our brothers to the east may have taken on more than they can handle, or possibly have the wrong people overseeing things. There are numerous indications that this was not well thought or planned out. There should not be these kinds of large problems this early into the project.
i don’t know anything about construction but what you’re describing is just noise. 

the project will be completed. whatever that actually means in this case is really fuzzy, but they’re going to have something, and whatever that is will be exponentially better than what they had.  from what i’ve seen, it is no comparison to what we have, which is essentially the best luxury cruise ship in kansas. but it will be good for a fledgling football club.

no one here should look at the construction cameras and not be excited.

Coming back to this since I was able to get some answers. They are not going to connect the old east side to any of the new construction. It will be a standalone structure with "cleaned up" ends, very similar to how Iowa's Kinnick Stadium is on the south end.
lol sounds like their 2025 facilities are going to be around what we had in 2005

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The best time to plant a tree is when you have Mark Mangino and go to the Orange Bowl.  The second best time is right now. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
lol sounds like their 2025 facilities are going to be around what we had in 2005

I won't stand for this level of insult to our Jayhawk bretheren.  It's pretty clear to me that CNS is NOT accounting for the dredging and deepening of Potter's Pond, which is by the legendary hill.  Some things in life can't be measured in dollars and cents.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Maybe so, but I do know that I can measure the amount they are short to complete 2/3rds of this stadium in dollars and cents, and they're still needing around 100 million more of them.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Students are anxiously awaiting news of the plan to transport them to Raytown for the games.

I was a bit of a ornery youth, but I couldn’t imagine sitting in an idling bus for 30 minutes waiting for it to fill up, then sitting in traffic for another 45 minutes to get to the state line, then another 45 minutes to get to Lawrence, then walking home across campus for the drop off point.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And according to the tshirts, win or lose they still booze, so what is the over/under on people pissing themselves or vomiting in that bus?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bet the KU phi delta’s charter a pimp ass party bus for these games. Those guys are so rough ridin' dreamy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Limestone and I were frat social chairs in a situation like this we would have spent the entire annual budget on luxury motor coaches.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
But if you went to ku you wouldn't care about football

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
“the raytown jayhawks” has a special ring to it

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lawrentucky shares a ton of similarities with raytown/independence but just doesn’t have immediate access to some of the amenities that come with living in jackson county

i bet, for a lot of these jayhawk students, going to a football game this fall will end up being a one way bus trip.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 08:58:28 AM by pissclams »