Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3316472 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #1575 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »
Based on what I've seen, if I were Chaz, I'd have played the dual threat guy a long time ago.

When you're at a disadvantage, play the dual threat guy IMO, unless you gut a Leach like system that just chucks the ball all over the place.

Not that I am that overly enamored with our staff, but cripes, I could see our Staff putting that KU team in a bowl game.   

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »
How is it any more over for KU than it is for K-State? 

i still think 6-6 is very possible for the cats. i don't think the same for ku. a bowl game after losing to a d2 team would be a great way to salvage what we all thought of as a rebuilding year.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »
Based on what I've seen, if I were Chaz, I'd have played the dual threat guy a long time ago.

When you're at a disadvantage, play the dual threat guy IMO, unless you gut a Leach like system that just chucks the ball all over the place.

Not that I am that overly enamored with our staff, but cripes, I could see our Staff putting that KU team in a bowl game.

I don't disagree with you, but like they say, hindsight is 20/20.  Maybe Weis expected Heaps to have more success.  Maybe the coaching staff has seen enough development and improvement out of Cozart over the last few weeks to give him a shot.  Either way, I'm not going to complain about playing a guy with seven games left to go in a season.  I like the fact that Weis is looking for ways to improve and change things up.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 16, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
Burning QB redshirts without injuries is a desperate move by someone who has been told he must win now.

If Montell Cozart gives KU the best chance to win, why shouldn't he play?  We're not even halfway through the season yet.

Because this season is over for KU.

How is it any more over for KU than it is for K-State?

Where did I say it was?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »

I don't disagree with you, but like they say, hindsight is 50/50.  Maybe Weis expected Heaps to have more success.  Maybe the coaching staff has seen enough development and improvement out of Cozart over the last few weeks to give him a shot.  Either way, I'm not going to complain about playing a guy with seven games left to go in a season.  I like the fact that Weis is looking for ways to improve and change things up.

fixed for timhawk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:44 PM »

I don't disagree with you, but like they say, hindsight is 20/20.  Maybe Weis expected Heaps to have more success.  Maybe the coaching staff has seen enough development and improvement out of Cozart over the last few weeks to give him a shot.  Either way, I'm not going to complain about playing a guy with seven games left to go in a season.  I like the fact that Weis is looking for ways to improve and change things up.

Weis is looking for the "we played at true freshman at QB" excuse life raft.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 16, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »

most coaches try to fit this into the off-season.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 16, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
KU just equaled K-State's longest conference losing streak of all time, and is looking squarely down the barrel of L #25. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 16, 2013, 01:23:34 PM »

They improved the defense and special teams over the off-season.  Now they're trying to fix the offense after realizing it wasn't getting the job done.

:dunno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
is it really charlie's fault ku is still losing, or is it just the "ku curse"?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 16, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
KU just equaled K-State's longest conference losing streak of all time, and is looking squarely down the barrel of L #25. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The key word there is "conference."  K-State lost 27 straight games from 1986 to 1989.  That included losses to the likes of Austin Peay and Louisiana Tech.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 16, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
Charlie needs more time, dammit!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 16, 2013, 01:26:48 PM »

They improved the defense and special teams over the off-season.  Now they're trying to fix the offense after realizing it wasn't getting the job done.

In all seriousness, this ku team is the worst in conf history.  Your best LB went down and your best offensive threat was taken out by the running track around your football field.  Why burn a shirt now?  You have to take lumps and hope he can be a long term solution.  ku is not int he position where a little tinkering with the engine will fix the vehicle.  They need to push the current wreck off a cliff and try and build a new one.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 16, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »

In all seriousness, this ku team is the worst in conf history.  Your best LB went down and your best offensive threat was taken out by the running track around your football field.  Why burn a shirt now?  You have to take lumps and hope he can be a long term solution.  ku is not int he position where a little tinkering with the engine will fix the vehicle.  They need to push the current wreck off a cliff and try and build a new one.

Heeney and Pierson are day-to-day.  They're not lost for the season.  Turn down the hyperbole just a notch.  TIA.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 16, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »
Charlie needs more time, dammit!

Additional time is only granted through reason.  For example, signs of tangible improvement, a few wins, or very young players at key positions that need more time to develop.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: October 16, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »
cozart-"im not ready yet coach im still learning"
weis-"you'll be the cornerstone of this university"
cozart-"seriously playing me against OU?"
weis-"dont be scared its just football"

cozart gets destroyed on the first drive and misses this year(that had a fork in it to begin with) and possibly the next year rehabbing, transfers and watches on his couch healing as charlie gets fired in 2014.

is that the kind of program you want beems?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:42:22 PM by kslimlb3 »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 16, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »

Heeney and Pierson are day-to-day.  They're not lost for the season.  Turn down the hyperbole just a notch.  TIA.

Keep doing what you are doing in Lawrence I guess.  We will keep taking the guaranteed double digit wins.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 16, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »
very serious post here.

i've got a couple friends i haven't seen in a while who are big ou fans. i'd like to surprise them by taking them to the ku-ou game this weekend but not enough to pay more than $10 a ticket. will you bros be awesome bros and pm me if you know of some cheap/free tickets?

i'm serious about this, save the "taco johns on wannamaker" stuff, please.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 16, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »

KU has played against one legit offense and they gave up 50 plus points and over 500 yards.  I think it's a bit early to start celebrating your huge defensive improvements.  The next few games should tell the real story though I think Texas Tech was a pretty good indication.   
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:53:57 PM by kostakio »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 16, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
very serious post here.

i've got a couple friends i haven't seen in a while who are big ou fans. i'd like to surprise them by taking them to the ku-ou game this weekend but not enough to pay more than $10 a ticket. will you bros be awesome bros and pm me if you know of some cheap/free tickets?

If you are serious, then why aren't you considering Taco Johns?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 16, 2013, 01:49:39 PM »
very serious post here.

Taco Johns on Wannamaker was giving away free tickets.  That wasn't a joke

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »
If Cozart really has the talent to be a 4 year starter, they should keep the red shirt on.  If he is just the best of a bad situation and has a reasonable shot to be recruited over, then burn it.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 16, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
very serious post here.
Taco Johns on Wannamaker was giving away free tickets.  That wasn't a joke
oh i know, i had a picture of it on my old phone. but they aren't giving them away there this year, yet.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 16, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »
KU is willing to go to any extreme to try and not exceed our record for longest conference losing streak, even if it means sacrificing a players eligibility, physical well being, and mental health. It will ruin his career/life.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 16, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
KU is willing to go to any extreme to try and not exceed our record for longest conference losing streak, even if it means sacrificing a players eligibility, physical well being, and mental health. It will ruin his career/life.

In the hole they have dug so deep for themselves, they don't have many options left
@Trogdor_gE