Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3224182 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #14975 on: May 13, 2016, 02:08:36 AM »

It's fun dominating a football power like KU.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: May 13, 2016, 08:15:55 AM »
Give me Alabama or Oklahoma success over a bunch of wins over weak teams and middle of the pack and directional schools.

When was the last time they won a bowl game on the level of KU's 2007 Orange Bowl? KU has 3 bowl wins compared to their 1 since 2004,, yes they've been more consistent then KU since snyder has been their coach but nothing really amazing to brag about outside a couple of conference titles with their most recent one coming in a year when OU wasn't the normal OU they usually are.

My biggest issue with their fan base is they consider themselves a football power when the trophy case and lack of national success proves otherwise along with the usual at or near the bottom of the conference recruiting class they rake in every season. But they will convince you that KSU is a football power as KU is the basketball school!!!  If that's the case then why not declare KU football a power since they won a BCS bowl game more recently?

that's the best part........
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: May 13, 2016, 08:21:12 AM »
I dunno, I kinda liked where he implied he'd rather have OU's or Alabama's success over KSU's. I mean, I can't even believe he'd say that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: May 13, 2016, 08:31:42 AM »
If you are going to compare K-State's football success to their peers, it has to be against OU and Bama.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: May 13, 2016, 08:37:23 AM »
 :love:

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: May 13, 2016, 12:13:01 PM »
I dunno, I kinda liked where he implied he'd rather have OU's or Alabama's success over KSU's. I mean, I can't even believe he'd say that.

Me too!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: May 14, 2016, 08:35:06 AM »
Controversial take but I respect his opinion

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: May 14, 2016, 10:56:05 AM »
To the scores of fans who say ku fans are the least knowledgeable, take that

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14983 on: May 14, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »
Ku and Gonzaga are basketball peers, so what's it to ya
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: May 14, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
Great stuff here

To expand upon what Bro Munda said above:
Snyder is a legendary coach ONLY in the context of how bad KSU was before he arrived.  He is NOT a legendary coach for winning championships or beating top teams.
That does not mean he is not legendary....he's just legendary for  a different reason: He is a legendary coach for taking a suck FB program at a suck school and making the FB program not suck any more.  KSU is still a third tier school....but Snyder has made their FB program temporarily not suck.  It is the  level of their suckage at FB  for the uncounted decades prior to Snyder's arrival  that makes Snyder a legend.  And deservedly so. It was one long GD hill to climb.  You can never discount THAT.

Snyder was/is the perfect coach for KSU at the perfect time.  Paranoid, secretive, prototypical "Little DicK Tater" with exclusive dominion over his own geographically and socially isolated private  boxtop kingdom. By all account obsessive and compulsive....at a school formerly synonymous with the term "football futility". At the heart of it, Snyder is the figurative Legendary Admiral of his own bathtub Navy. (Just try to get THAT picture out of you mind:  Snyder and KK wearing Trafalgar hats,  wrinkled and soapy shooting "torpedos" in the bathtub.  )

Give Snyder and KSU credit where it is due, though.  He was the perfect hire for KSU.  Good for them.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  The fundamental reasons for KSU historic failure at football still exist.  They are worse, in fact. KSU is still a suck school. That hasn't really changed. They are still  a bleak land grant hick college stuck out in the middle of BF Nowhere.  KSU will return to their historic mean soon enough.  It is not wishful thinking from a KU fan.  It's pure physics.

Back to Legendary Coach Snyder: Frankly, I'd take one of THOSE kinds of legendary coaches, myself.   At least until one of the preferred kind of legendary coaches comes along. I would expect that Bro Munda and most KU fans would agree with that assessment
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14985 on: May 14, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »
It's pure physics.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: May 14, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Also uncounted decades. Nobody knows how long K-State sucked, but it was a long time, that's for sure.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: May 14, 2016, 10:53:26 PM »
I always find those takes interesting, because in a number of academic rankings it's always seems that KU and K-State are pretty much in the same neighborhood.   Start looking at avg GPA and standardized test scores of incoming freshman at both schools, it's about the same.  Not even KU's slightly enhanced entrance requirements are really going to move the needle that much because most incoming freshman to K-State could get into KU even with the slightly higher requirements.    KU is an extremely mediocre school that sadly (or hilariously) has many in its constituency who think it's a much better school then it really is.   I guess being one of the top safety schools for Big 10 rejects seems to build an over inflated sense of worth and capability.

When looking at football; KU hasn't won a conference championship in nearly 50 years.  They are currently going through their second period of Toilet Bowl level football in the last thirty years, with another period in that 30 years that lasted 8 plus years that was below mediocre to near Toilet Bowl levels.    In the financial climate college athletics is in now, particularly at the P5 level, you literally have to try to be as bad at a major sport as KU has been over the last 5 or 6 years in football.    Unfathomable, comical levels of futility given the financial resources now available to P5 schools.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: May 15, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »
Third tier is exactly where their grad schools rank. They need to close the law school before Washburn passes them

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: May 15, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
I guess most of them haven't heard that K-State's classification was recently elevated to a Tier 1 research university.   LOL at "being in the middle of nowhere" 70 miles from Lawrence.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: May 15, 2016, 12:49:42 PM »
How small is that guys dick IRL? Because its screaming for attention in a middle school girls voice right now. Sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: May 15, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »
KU has updated the KBOR on their capital project plans for FY 2018 and beyond,  KU Memorial Stadium is now slated for a $50M renovation currently scheduled to begin in FY 2022.   (We're about to start FY 2017). 

Now, I will say (for like the 1000th time) that capital project timelines are amended all the time with projects being moved up, or pushed, or the money changed etc. etc.   However, KU has now pushed that project out even further from previous capital projects reports. .
                                                  Total          2022        Subsequent Years
? 8 Memorial Stadium Renovations * 50,000,000 5,000,000 45,000,000

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:37:13 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: May 16, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
A bunch of dumbasses in this thread that don't understand physics

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: May 16, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
600 pages = pure physics

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: May 16, 2016, 09:22:35 AM »
KU has updated the KBOR on their capital project plans for FY 2018 and beyond,  KU Memorial Stadium is now slated for a $50M renovation currently scheduled to begin in FY 2022.   (We're about to start FY 2017). 

Now, I will say (for like the 1000th time) that capital project timelines are amended all the time with projects being moved up, or pushed, or the money changed etc. etc.   However, KU has now pushed that project out even further from previous capital projects reports. .

So they're only spending $5mil in 2022 and the other $45mil down the line?

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14995 on: May 16, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
If we're third tier, what rough ridin' tier are they? How many tiers are there?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: May 16, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

So they're only spending $5mil in 2022 and the other $45mil down the line?

Yeah, probably means as of now it'll start in late 2022, and carry into subsequent years. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: May 16, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »
I remember Dax talking about their timeline, similar to this only several years ago, and I believe at that time 2017 was the year to start their renovation. I had some fun on the phog and pointed it out to them. Of course, I was a complete moron, they were going to start easily by 2016, if not 2015. Good times. Wish I could bump that thread over there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: May 16, 2016, 11:22:51 AM »

Never gets old

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC