Author Topic: Trent Tanking a future stud walk on?  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Trent Tanking a future stud walk on?
« on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
Anybody happen to go to the Shrine Bowl last night? If so can we get an evaluation of our future wildcats, been hearing that Trent Tanking was a beast and had 16 tackles.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Trent Tanking a future stud walk on?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
Is he a projected LB? What are his measurables? Pleased about our preferred walk-on class this year with Geary, Tanking, and Keeley

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »
Confirmed stud

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Is he a projected LB? What are his measurables? Pleased about our preferred walk-on class this year with Geary, Tanking, and Keeley

I thought Geary ended up taking a wrestling scholarship at OkState

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »

Geary came down to a scholarship covering all of school to Cornell to wrestle, or KSU as a walk-on.  He chose the walk-on at KSU.

Offline SeanSnyder4Prez

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »

Geary came down to a scholarship covering all of school to Cornell to wrestle, or KSU as a walk-on.  He chose the walk-on at KSU.
Confirmed stud boss

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »

Cornell doesn't have athletic scholarships, at all.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »

Maybe they thought he could cure cancer and offered him an academic scholarship

Offline jrod_06

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 05:02:52 PM »
Ive talked to former cats great and Holton  head coach Brooks Barta about Trent. He said that Trent is twice the high school athlete that he was coming out of smith center. The only problem is that the speed of the game has changed so much since then. He thinks Trent will have the hardest time adjusting to the spread offenses because he likes elite quickness, but is very impressed with everything else. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't red shirt and get some pt on special teams this year.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »

Never said they did. 

However, if they take you, and want you, like all Ivy League schools, they magically find a way for you to go there (financials are not a worry).  In this case, they told Geary it was paid for if he opted to head their way. 

Let's just say his dad, last I heard, was not happy with the KSU decision for this reason.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
Poor decision, and I would say the same thing were he walking-on to KU (provided what you say is true).

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:22 PM »
dobber confirms that there are no athletic 'ships to Ivy League. However, you can get your crap paid for by being a smart athlete.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »
Tanking is probably related to the Tankings from Seneca. Confirmed STUD BOSS.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
Poor decision, and I would say the same thing were he walking-on to KU (provided what you say is true).

Oh, it is true.  No doubt on this one.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »
Tanking is probably related to the Tankings from Seneca. Confirmed STUD BOSS.

Seneca and everything/everyone from there is garbage. Ts&Ps to anyone who has had to spend anytime in the place.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Have any of scottwildcat's friends had an intervention with him where they show him Kim Carnes posts and tell him this is what he's become?  If not, they should.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 11:31:36 PM »
dobber confirms that there are no athletic 'ships to Ivy League. However, you can get your crap paid for by being a smart athlete.

Cornell doesn't offer merit based schollies either.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »

Never said they did. 

However, if they take you, and want you, like all Ivy League schools, they magically find a way for you to go there (financials are not a worry).  In this case, they told Geary it was paid for if he opted to head their way. 

Let's just say his dad, last I heard, was not happy with the KSU decision for this reason.

Geary came down to a scholarship covering all of school to Cornell to wrestle

:don'tcare:

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 11:42:57 PM »

Never said they did. 

Well, how is this.  Geary was told directly by Cornell that he would be given a scholarship if he enrolled there and came to wrestle.  Source is as good as it gets without coming from Cornell Admissions (to which I lack access). :don'tcare:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »

Never said they did. 

Well, how is this.  Geary was told directly by Cornell that he would be given a scholarship if he enrolled there and came to wrestle.  Source is as good as it gets without coming from Cornell Admissions (to which I lack access). :don'tcare:

All the Ivy institutions follow the common policy that any financial aid for student-athletes will be awarded and renewed on the sole basis of economic need with no differentiation in amount or in kind (e.g. packaging) based on athletic ability or participation, provided that each school shall apply its own standard of economic need.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »

Never said they did. 

All the Ivy institutions follow the common policy that any financial aid for student-athletes will be awarded and renewed on the sole basis of economic need with no differentiation in amount or in kind (e.g. packaging) based on athletic ability or participation, provided that each school shall apply its own standard of economic need.

So, do you know Geary's exact need in regard to Cornell standards?  What are exactly Cornell's standards (it appears even all Ivy's are not identical, but have some leeway to judge what need is and to what extent it is covered.

I do know my student going to Yale this year is pretty much taken care of financially, with little to nothing coming from home.  Same deal for my student going to USC (not an Ivy, of course), even before the Gates Millennium Scholarship (awarded after the USC scholarships) kicked in and picked up the final bit. :don'tcare:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »

Never said they did. 

So, do you know Geary's exact need in regard to Cornell standards?  What are exactly Cornell's standards (it appears even all Ivy's are not identical, but have some leeway to judge what need is and to what extent it is covered.

I do know my student going to Yale this year is pretty much taken care of financially, with little to nothing coming from home.  Same deal for my student going to USC (not an Ivy, of course), even before the Gates Millennium Scholarship (awarded after the USC scholarships) kicked in and picked up the final bit. :don'tcare:

USC is completely irrelevant to this discussion.  And I'm not debating whether or not Ivy League schools issue need based scholarships.  (They obviously issue a ton of them.)  What I am saying is that if your source is saying Cornell offered him a scholarship specifically based on him wrestling, either he's lying or Cornell is cheating.   Which do you think is true?