Author Topic: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas  (Read 450794 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We Laugh At Other Pud Teams' Pud Stadiums/Arenas
« Reply #2326 on: August 10, 2021, 01:38:30 PM »
after watching the olympics I can assure you that is not nearly enough space for table tennis.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: August 10, 2021, 01:46:11 PM »
Wrong, it’s Luckey Jr. High
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: August 10, 2021, 02:10:13 PM »
Considered Louisville, but didn't see any stripper poles.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2329 on: August 10, 2021, 02:17:00 PM »
Strippers are for basketball players.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: August 10, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
Stafford Cardinals?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: August 10, 2021, 03:18:31 PM »
My guess is the st Louis sluggers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 10, 2021, 03:38:05 PM »
Those are all great guesses but admittedly it was a trick question because it was a historic, old, now barely used at all arena. I’ll give you another clue from their football stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i’ve seen that bird on the ping pong table before, the answer is iowa state

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: August 10, 2021, 05:25:15 PM »
Those are all great guesses but admittedly it was a trick question because it was a historic, old, now barely used at all arena. I’ll give you another clue from their football stadium.

i’ve seen that bird on the ping pong table before, the answer is iowa state
The L is for the loss they will inevitably take.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 10, 2021, 10:58:30 PM »
Freedom Hall!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 11, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
I've always loved Freedom Hall, even though it definitely has an Ahearn-ness to it with the strange dimensions that definitely create lots of seats behind the baselines. Just a really good old-time arena with lots of good teams. And you get there by driving on the Denny Crum Overpass. Cute!

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: August 11, 2021, 02:19:34 PM »
I mean, Freedom Hall is the home of the Bellarmine Fightin Knights?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:06 PM »
Yeah, Freedom Hall is an all-great of arenas.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2338 on: August 11, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
I've always loved Freedom Hall, even though it definitely has an Ahearn-ness to it with the strange dimensions that definitely create lots of seats behind the baselines. Just a really good old-time arena with lots of good teams. And you get there by driving on the Denny Crum Overpass. Cute!
Guess you would if you started at Churchill Downs. Otherwise, odd way to get there.

I've always enjoyed games at Freedom Hall except the one time I had seats in a corner. You had to sit sideways in your seat to watch the game.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: August 11, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »
Guess you would if you started at Churchill Downs. Otherwise, odd way to get there.

I've always enjoyed games at Freedom Hall except the one time I had seats in a corner. You had to sit sideways in your seat to watch the game.

I guess I started at The Stadium Formerly Known As Papa John’s, then went the Churchill Downs way, then went to Freedom Hall.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 07:44:32 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: September 02, 2021, 01:54:49 PM »
Had some time to kill in Provo and decided to give myself a SkinnyBenny-style self guided tour of BYU’s facilities.  My time was cut short and my phone died so consider this just a teaser.  I’ll go back for a full report when Big12 expansion finally happens.

LaVell Edwards Stadium
where Victors, Legends, Champions, Heroes, and Amazing are made (Amazing? Doesn’t really fit the theme)

The stadium is essentially four separate pieces.  The west and east stands run the length of the field.  The north and south stands close the end zones.  There is a gap in all four corners.  Here’s a look at the southwest corner to give you and idea. 

West side has a full length press box and suites.  No suites on the other 3 sides.  No club level seating anywhere.  Also take note of the setting.  It’s no hill, but the Wasatch range is nice if you like that sort of thing.  Unfortunately clouds obscured the peaks this day.  Upper west siders should have a view of Y mountain. South end zoners should have a great view of Mt Timpanogos to the north.

This place was locked down.  Only exterior pics.  Also check out the mini ramps.  They are in all four corners.  Coug fans would be amazed by the monster ramps in KC.

Here’s the exterior view of the South jumbotron.  NuSkin apparently is a big donor.  Not surprising considering that Utah is the MLM capital of the US, maybe the world.

Good sized parking lot with a little ticket booth just west of the stadium.  Plenty of space for pregame with the ward bros &sisters to slam Diet Pepsi, antidepressants, and opioids.  But no booze.  That’s bad for you.

One other thing to mention but didn’t get a picture of... there are gated stroller check areas inside the stadium.  Very nice feature for those hauling the lil coug fans in to the game.  Sure beats stashing a stroller under the bleachers at the top of Sections 10/11 in BSFS.

That all for LaVell Edwards Stadium.  Up next... Oh my heck!  What is this little Denver airport across the street?

Why that’s Miller Park!  Home of both the batcoug’s and lady batcoug’s.  Their fields sit home to home with the shared airport canopy press box in between. 

I didn’t have time for the Marriot Center but you can see it in the pic above.  Just a square brick building.  Kind of a let down.  Maybe the inside is nice.  Hope to find out next time.

Well that’s all for now.  See you at stake conference next month.  Can I sign you up to bring a jello salad?

Bump.  Looks like it’s time for a return trip!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 02, 2021, 06:39:00 PM »
A little East sidey at best, KU’y at worst
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 10, 2021, 08:34:07 AM »
New basketball arenas in the conference: (please note, the rumored Bramlage renovations are said to be similar to the Fertitta Center reno at Houston)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 10, 2021, 08:45:53 AM »
The UCF basketball brand will compete step for step with KU football for the most embarrassing program in the conference.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:10 AM »
The UCF basketball brand will compete step for step with KU football for the most embarrassing program in the conference.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 10, 2021, 08:56:58 AM »
They still finished like 4th or 5th in the AAC with a 7'6" NBA draft pick.

He got traded last week, btw. Sad. He'll always be a Boston Celtic/Maine Red Claw to me.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 10, 2021, 09:12:44 AM »
Outside of UCF and that awful court design, those are some great looking b-ball venues.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 10, 2021, 09:18:21 AM »
Outside of UCF and that awful court design, those are some great looking b-ball venues.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 10, 2021, 10:47:45 AM »
The ucf court made me throw up on my phone but tcu prob still reigns as the worst court in the conf
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:12 AM »
The ucf court made me throw up on my phone but tcu prob still reigns as the worst court everything in the conf