Author Topic: blacking out  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: blacking out
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »
There has to be a correlation, right? From what I know about bubbles' dad, I assume he didn't drink very much. My dad drinks lots and lots. Bubbles blacks out a lot and very easily, I have never blacked out. What say the rest of you about your dad's drinking habits?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2013, 12:33:09 AM »

There has to be a correlation, right? From what I know about bubbles' dad, I assume he didn't drink very much. My dad drinks lots and lots. Bubbles blacks out a lot and very easily, I have never blacked out. What say the rest of you about your dad's drinking habits?

no, denied

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2013, 01:13:45 AM »

Yup.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2013, 03:20:20 AM »

The two certainly could be correlated, but I would assume any observable relationship between the two is spurious.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 04:09:41 AM »
hey daris how did today go?  I hope it was just a normal amount of blackout and nothing too weak/strong

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »
I black out easier now than I used to. I drink higher booze content stuff than I used to though. Probably the reason.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »
I drink tons when I booze but have only ever blacked out twice in my life. The first time was in 10th grade and I apparently refused to let the Pizza Shuttle guy in because I thought it was Little Caesar's and that Elvis was going to be the delivery driver and call the cops on us. Was super hungover the whole next day but still pulled it together enough to go rock out with Def Lep at the Expocenter. Other black out was far less remarkable. I think the reason I never black out is because I have a superior memory, like a velcro brain. Dr. Spaceman will attest. :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
Mark SB down as another guy who doesn't drink very much.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »
Mark SB down as another guy who doesn't drink very much.

Yeah, I'm 0% surprised

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: blacking out
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »

8mandad is very functional after a lot of booze, and I almost never black out, so your hypothesis seems to fit my case anyway.  I have blacked out portions of the night more in the last year than ever before.
:adios:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
When I started blacking out all the damn time, I switched to drinking only beer.  This has mostly resolved the issue.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
I blacked out in a hot tub over New Years, last thing I remember is all my friends getting out.

I woke up the next day terrified that 1: I could have drowned there like a loser, or 2: filled the hot tub with puke and would have to pay an enormous cleaning fee.

Didn't die or puke though, so I can still trust my reptilian brain instincts.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
I blacked out in a hot tub over New Years, last thing I remember is all my friends getting out.

I woke up the next day terrified that 1: I could have drowned there like a loser, or 2: filled the hot tub with puke and would have to pay an enormous cleaning fee.

Didn't die or puke though, so I can still trust my reptilian brain instincts.

Train your lizard brain to put your wallet, keys, and cellphone in predictable places and you can rule the world.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »
Don't really black out anymore, used to sometimes when i was younger, always involved rapid consumption of hard liquor when it did happen.

You also might try exercise before any serious pak'ing i know i always feel like i can drink a tablefull if i got a good workout in earlier in the day.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Slightly OT, but is there a stranger feeling than laying on an operating table talking to the doctor, then boom, next thing you know its 2-4 hours later and you're in post op?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »
Slightly OT, but is there a stranger feeling than laying on an operating table talking to the doctor, then boom, next thing you know its 2-4 hours later and you're in post op?

say hi to panjandrum out in the waiting room for me.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:53 PM »
My whole sophomore year was like a space-time continuum.
Same here, don't really know what it was about my sophomore year that made me such an aggressive drinker.

If I'm out in KC I never black out, seems loserish.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
I'm more of a brown out kind of guy.

(unless brown out means pooping your pants... in which case I'm not that type of guy.)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
Same here, don't really know what it was about my sophomore year that made me such an aggressive drinker.

people like you are the worst.  there is nothing wrong with getting really drunk.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:03 PM »
I get blackout drunk at least once a month!  I assume it's really fun.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »

people like you are the worst.  there is nothing wrong with getting really drunk.
I'm just not comfortable trusting my blackout self to safely get home. In Manhattan, I simply walked across the street from the 'ville.  Can't remember how many times last year I woke up in my bed and was like, "welp, don't know how I got here but I'm here"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
Haven't heard from ole daris in awhile.  My guess?  He blacked out and completely forgot he started this thread.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
blacking out
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:37 AM »
Hey Daris...

I used to never ever black out. Now I do sometimes. Funny thing, I drink less often, but drink more when I do. I guess I'm just trying to fit more fun in less time... now that I'm all grown up and stuff.

TapiPhone

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 02:10:01 AM »
I don't black out when binging with beer. If the binge includes multiple shots or mixed drinks you can bet your ass Metalhead is going to do something entertaining and not remember it.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
i know for a fact im way more fun to be around when im extremely wasted
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.