Author Topic: Speeding Tickets  (Read 5018 times)

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
Speeding Tickets
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
Got one this weekend driving back from a wedding in Wichita. 82 in a 75  :curse: Cop also gave me a breathalyzer at 11 am (Blew a 0.01). He initially forgot to give me the ticket so I thought I got off with a warning or something, re-pulled me over 10 miles down the road to hand me the ticket. Anybody have any interesting speeding tickets/getting out of tickets stories?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Speeding Tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
That sucks man. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »
95 in a 65 heading up to the aTm FB game a couple of years ago all I got was a written warning :gocho:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
Got one this weekend driving back from a wedding in Wichita. 82 in a 75  :curse: Cop also gave me a breathalyzer at 11 am (Blew a 0.01). He initially forgot to give me the ticket so I thought I got off with a warning or something, re-pulled me over 10 miles down the road to hand me the ticket. Anybody have any interesting speeding tickets/getting out of tickets stories?

Wow I go 9mph over speed limit past highway patrol on I-70 on the reg.  Just curious...what do you drive?  And to pull you over 10 miles later...what a dick. 

My only "getting out of ticket" story I have is I got pulled over on HWY 71 in Missouri going 11 over and following a left-lane-sitter too close.  There was a lot of traffic (everyone going to the lake).  Myself and 3 others and my miniature beagle (12 lbs) were in the vehicle.  Officer told me what I was doing wrong...I told him others were going just as fast...blah blah blah.  He sees my Beagle and I tell him to stay back cause he's an aggressive one and trained to attack (little guy was wagging his tale all excited to see the officer).  Officer gives a little chuckle and tells me to have a nice day. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »

That's rough. Almost never get a ticket for less than 10 mph over.

I got a ticket about a month ago. 62 in a 45. Paid an extra $50 for deferred adjudication. If I don't get another ticket in Texas for 2 more months, it doesn't count on my driving record.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:03 AM »

Wow I go 9mph over speed limit past highway patrol on I-70 on the reg.  Just curious...what do you drive?  And to pull you over 10 miles later...what a dick. 

My only "getting out of ticket" story I have is I got pulled over on HWY 71 in Missouri going 11 over and following a left-lane-sitter too close.  There was a lot of traffic (everyone going to the lake).  Myself and 3 others and my miniature beagle (12 lbs) were in the vehicle.  Officer told me what I was doing wrong...I told him others were going just as fast...blah blah blah.  He sees my Beagle and I tell him to stay back cause he's an aggressive one and trained to attack (little guy was wagging his tale all excited to see the officer).  Officer gives a little chuckle and tells me to have a nice day.

yeah, i got popped on 71 headed to Fayetteville last summer.   For driving in the left lane while not passing, from aircraft.   Had to sit in the troopers car for 15 minutes while he and his probie checked me out, then got a warning.   They're pretty thick over there in the summer.

Didn't get pulled over, but blew past an Okie trooper going over 100 coming hoime from the Cotton Bowl (Tennessee) and crap bricks, but he never came after me.   Must have been sleeping.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
I did on one occasion years ago get 2 tickets in a 4 hour period.   THAT sucked.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Outran a cop once.

Got busted with a stopwatch (3 miles in 2 minutes) once.

One time was headed to Lawrence with a buddy to go watch a friend's fraternity initiation and party.  Got pulled over on 24 by St Mary's or something.  Cop asked where we were going, told him, he said "well I'm only going to give you a warning, your night going to be bad enough already."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
forgot my basketball uniform in HS once, driving like hell to get home and got pulled over for completely blowing thru a stop sign.  Told cop the situation and he let me go  :alleyoop:

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »

09 Acura TL with K-State plates. Kinda had a North Dakotan accent, maybe some bad blood from Tiny Tractor MNC? He really couldn't have been more of an bad person.

Your beagle sounds like a stud, pro-tip take him to sonic drive through and they will give him a treat.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
i have gotten out of a handful of tickets by saying my kid had the runs.  kids are great.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
In high school I got an eluding and evading ticket for trying to hide from a cop. My lawyer got me out of the charge though.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »
All my stories are privileged.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
Picked up an 81 in a 55 at 12:20 AM on a black top in McPherson county.

Was running late(girlfriends take forever getting ready) for a lunar eclipse party that I was hosting at my parents house in the country and was making up time.  I have a radar detector in my car and I heard it go off, but I reacted way too slow to slowdown so he couldn't get a lock.  Was a sheriff in the same lane as me that caught me with his back facing radar. He went past my turn off so I turned onto the dirt road and cranked it up to 70 to try to see if I could get away.  He had to flip a bitch on the highway and then get back on the dirt road, and still caught up with me.  He apparently really wanted to give me that ticket.

Also picked up a 38 in a 30 in Salina while I was DDing some bros and one of them said he felt like he was going to puke in my back seat so I sped up and turned onto a side street and stopped then flashing lights came around the corner.

No good deed etc etc
:dance:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
hire trim. he deals specifically with traffic violations. expert, some would say.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
Had a dumbass cop try and get me for going 35 in a 25(school zone) on December 27th. I tried to explain that no school was in service but he said the lights were flashing so it counted. Dumbass cop had to call me 2 days later to apologize and let me know his superior was dismissing the ticket because.... duh.

Leawood  :flush:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Mom got a ticket for 3 over from some dumb Oklahoma HP.   I rough ridin' hate Oklahoma.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 12:38:10 PM »
All my 10 or so tickets were deserved, but I've always been given warnings for anything under +15.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 01:09:47 PM »
Pro-Tip

Oklahoma has some of the worst/tightest traffic enforcement in the country. The OKHP has written tickets for 1 over. Tennessee and Oregon do this also.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
I recently got a warning for not having my Missouri plate on the front.  It's been about a year and a half since I registered it in Missouri.  There is no spot for it though so I don't know what to do.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 04:36:11 PM »
I recently got a warning for not having my Missouri plate on the front.  It's been about a year and a half since I registered it in Missouri.  There is no spot for it though so I don't know what to do.

post in the new car thread

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
 Once drove from just east of Denver to Hays at 120 mph,never saw a cop. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »

You probably have to drill some holes in your bumper.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
Pro-Tip

Oklahoma has some of the worst/tightest traffic enforcement in the country. The OKHP has written tickets for 1 over. Tennessee and Oregon do this also.

Do not believe.  :driving:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »

Was this on the pike or 135 ??

7 over on the interstate isn't a typical pullover.

You got a marijuana leaf or Budweiser sticker hanging on the back of your car?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:27:28 PM by Headinjun »