Author Topic: Ron Prince Stories!  (Read 572407 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Prince stories
« Reply #975 on: July 22, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
So this thread was what it took to break my gE.com hiatus.

Holy moly.
did anyone notice kougs was gone?
also any coincidence between kougs showing up and the prince and duchess having a baby? you be the judge

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 22, 2013, 04:03:33 PM »
Still like the princess/frog/prince angle, but reconciling to the equally awesome love ninja concept is intellectually difficult.  Surely there is a phrase, symbol, or metaphor that would make that transition.  Think hard, it's important to get this right.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 22, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
Still like the princess/frog/prince angle, but reconciling to the equally awesome love ninja concept is intellectually difficult.  Surely there is a phrase, symbol, or metaphor that would make that transition.  Think hard, it's important to get this right.

Some turtles are ninjas, and it wouldn't be too hard to segue from frogs to turtles  :dunno:

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 22, 2013, 05:16:02 PM »

Some turtles are ninjas, and it wouldn't be too hard to segue from frogs to turtles  :dunno:

#RonPrinceLoveNinja  :dunno:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:29 PM »
Maybe someone thought they were kissing a Frog Prince, but it turned out to be a #RonPrinceLoveNinja?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 22, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »
Just make him a Frog Prince but call him the Fron Prince and fast-track it to the printers. Boom, done.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 22, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
Just rewatched the 2006 UT at K-State game and was laughing at how much the announcers were praising Ron and the people who hired him.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 22, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »
Just rewatched the 2006 UT at K-State game and was laughing at how much the announcers were praising Ron and the people who hired him.

in their defense the first 1.3-ish seasons of Ron was pretty awesome, even on the field

Offline DGale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 23, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »

in their defense the first 1.3-ish seasons of Ron was pretty awesome, even on the field

After 1.3-ish seasons, what happened?
Ron likes to say "don't put water in your own boat." For someone who knew better, it looks like he may have been doing just that.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 23, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »

Ron likes to say "don't put water in your own boat." For someone who knew better, it looks like he may have been doing just that.

well, the wheels pretty much fell off after losing raheem

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 23, 2013, 10:40:25 PM »

Ron has LBIQ  All oar no stroke

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 23, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »
he got them baloney boobs
i got a laptop now

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 24, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »

Todd Reesing and Mark Mangino happened. Was not a pretty sight.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 24, 2013, 08:37:24 AM »

I'm sure Ron read that "quote" in some book, I"m not sure the guy ever had an orginal thought.  His first year he had Raheem Morris as d-cordinator.  Raheem was good and very well liked by the players.  Things went downhill quickly after he left. 

Also I think the team still had a lot of qualities that Snyder instilled in them that first year.  The farther they got away from Snyder the worse things got.  The team hadn't done well the last couple of years under Snyder but there was more talent on that squad then people gave it credit for at the time.  Jordy Nelson, Yamon Figurs, Zach Diles, Reggie Walker, Brandon Archer, Rob Jackson, Ian Campbell, Thomas Clayton etc.  All those guys played in the NFL and several of them still do.   

Offline DGale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 24, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »

I'm sure Ron read that "quote" in some book, I"m not sure the guy ever had an orginal thought.  His first year he had Raheem Morris as d-cordinator.  Raheem was good and very well liked by the players.  Things went downhill quickly after he left. 

Also I think the team still had a lot of qualities that Snyder instilled in them that first year.  The farther they got away from Snyder the worse things got.  The team hadn't done well the last couple of years under Snyder but there was more talent on that squad then people gave it credit for at the time.  Jordy Nelson, Yamon Figurs, Zach Diles, Reggie Walker, Brandon Archer, Rob Jackson, Ian Campbell, Thomas Clayton etc.  All those guys played in the NFL and several of them still do.   

Heard lots of inspiring quotes last year. Whenever I needed coaching, got to hear the thoughts of some general or another.

Why did Raheem leave?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:36 AM »
Cause Ron was a dumb eff and Raheem was a shining star.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
Was Prince Ron horn-dogging on Raheem's wife (given Ron's rep for hitting on assistant's wives)?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
Was Prince Ron horn-dogging on Raheem's wife (given Ron's rep for hitting on assistant's wives)?

oh man raheem would have easily beaten his ass

Offline DGale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 24, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Not sure how all this stuff went on.

According to Ron, some kind of inappropriate things were going on before he got there, and he stepped in to straighten it out. This is from his letter to the fans after his first season as HC.

"2) Immediately fix the adult/student relationship in the building. Some of asst coaches & people in the Vanier Complex at K-State let all of you down, bottom line. Beside recruiting, there were other issues (that are not appropriate for me to repeat) that were occuring and those things were eroding the confidence of the players, and discouraging people in the program who were working passionately to "win". There were some people just going thru the motions and some simply not even moving. Understand the standard that was set at K-State(you got everyone's attn in college football) and now all the competition is reacting to that standard and some people in our organization rested on their laurels. I asked some very close friends of mine to come and help me get this program turned around. They did. In fact, I tried to warn them how hard this was going to be and that it could effectively be viewed as the toughest job they would ever tackle and it may cost us in ways we may not now know. They came anyhow. They believed in what we were here to do. This year took its toll on everyone involved, so we could get back into the post season, which was a "minimum" requirement for the organization but unexpected by anyone evaluating the program. Some "experts" (including media) thought we would win as few as one game."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »

Heard lots of inspiring quotes last year. Whenever I needed coaching, got to hear the thoughts of some general or another.

Why did Raheem leave?

Did he ever text/email any inspiring quotes?   I have always enjoyed great quotes. 

Offline DGale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »

Why did Raheem leave?

Did he ever text/email any inspiring quotes?   I have always enjoyed great quotes.

I used to send him poems and quotes on Mondays. (I hear you laughing again.) Last August I sent him this:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller

His response (not kidding) was:

"You are bold and daring."

Maybe he was kidding (I wasn't familiar with the history of this). Can't look through any more of these. It seems funny (a little), but I really believed everything he told me, and learning all that I have about him has a nightmarish quality. Finding out that all of the kind words and promises to be there for me were lies is something. I don't really have words to describe it. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 24, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 24, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
I would love to hear more inspiring quotes.

Offline DGale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 24, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »
I would love to hear more inspiring quotes.

During my "mentally weak and uncoachable" moments, the inspiring quotes from generals and spiritual leaders were generally delivered verbally. 90% of the messages are about how much he loved me, and about how beautiful our future together would be. You would be seriously disappointed in them because they sound like mushy messages from a guy who cared a lot about his woman (and her kids). The fascinating part about them is that they were designed solely to keep me available and from knowing about all of the other women, but I didn't know that at the time. Maybe they would be useful for science. But we are not scientists. 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 24, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »
most of us are scientists (and/or lawyers luckily)