Author Topic: Ron Prince Stories!  (Read 572499 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Prince stories
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »
Like, am I the only person on earth that doesn't think all football coaches are lying piece of crap scumbags? :dunno:
Upon re-reading your post, my answer is, you're not!  I don't think all football coaches are lying piece of crap scumbags.

;)

double negatives strike again.
actually it was only one negative

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2013, 10:19:12 PM »
I worked for a moving company in the summers. I went out and packed Ron's house when they were moving to Indy. Only his wife was there. She was really nice. Had Frank's wife and a few other MHK ladies over the first day. I can confirm that his basement was painted purple at the time of the move. He also had 5 or 6 framed and signed pics on the wall of him, Josh, and other coaches/players. Then in the basement storage he had like 3 more copies of each photo. All were signed by him or Josh or both. Really weird to hang your own signature IMO.

Also had a huge binder in his office of resumes from other coaches. I flipped through it and it was resumes from only black coaches, so I don't know if he had a second one for other ethnicities   :dunno:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2013, 10:31:29 PM »
I worked for a moving company in the summers. I went out and packed Ron's house when they were moving to Indy. Only his wife was there. She was really nice. Had Frank's wife and a few other MHK ladies over the first day. I can confirm that his basement was painted purple at the time of the move. He also had 5 or 6 framed and signed pics on the wall of him, Josh, and other coaches/players. Then in the basement storage he had like 3 more copies of each photo. All were signed by him or Josh or both. Really weird to hang your own signature IMO.

Also had a huge binder in his office of resumes from other coaches. I flipped through it and it was resumes from only black coaches, so I don't know if he had a second one for other ethnicities   :dunno:

Any pics of Princess together with Bob Krause?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
oh i get it, you call him princess because his last name is prince and you don't like him

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »
oh i get it, you call him princess because his last name is prince and you don't like him
But not because he's black, but only because he embarassed the EMAW Nation.  :grin:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2013, 10:09:57 AM »
But not because he's black, but only because he embarassed the EMAW Nation.  :grin:

Yeah, which is why we have all threads about Jim Wooldridge on the board. What a clown that guy was!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2013, 10:20:31 AM »

Yeah, which is why we have all threads about Jim Wooldridge on the board. What a clown that guy was!
To be honest, almost every football coach other than Synder were clowns.  I'm not to sure about all the BB coaches, mainly because I'm not that keen on BB.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2013, 10:24:02 AM »
Like, am I the only person on earth that doesn't think all football coaches are lying piece of crap scumbags? :dunno:

I've met a lot of college coaches at all levels (D1, 1AA, D2, D3, NAIA, juco) and most college coaches are lying piece of crap scumbags.  The older guys (60 and up), not so much.  Don't know if it's an age thing, a generation thing or they're just experts at concealing their sliminess, but for whatever reason older coaches come off much more sincere and honest.

If you go through every college coach from grad assistants just starting out to veterans in their mid 50s, 95% of them are used car salesmen.  The only difference is nobody cares if a successful coach is a dickhead.  Nick Saban is one of the biggest assholes in the game.  People wouldn't tolerate him if he didn't win so much.  Same deal with Petrino.  If his career record was .500, he would never coach 1A football again after his motorcycle incident.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »

To be honest, almost every football coach other than Synder were clowns.  I'm not to sure about all the BB coaches, mainly because I'm not that keen on BB.

You can't be racist and like basketball. (Correct that quote for me, cRustymichmichicat)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »

Yeah a thread of Wooly stories would be a real hoot!

5 pages of:
"One time I saw Wooly eating a salad at the union and said hi. He said hi back and asked me about my major and thanked me for my support."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
Wasn't his first hire--before any assistant coaches--a female admin assistant with whom he worked somewhere before?

Heard she ended up with Raheem and Princess didn't like that.

Back in the day if OBZ left for another school I guarantee Joan would have been the first person he offered a job to. Nothing better than a very good administrative assistant.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »

5 pages of:
"One time I saw Wooly eating a salad at the union and said hi. He said hi back and asked me about my major and thanked me for my support."

"Wooly was so crazy!  I heard one Sunday, he went to early service AND late service!  ON THE SAME DAY!"
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »

5 pages of:

"Wooly was so crazy!  I heard one Sunday, he went to early service AND late service!  ON THE SAME DAY!"

Only tithed at early service tho

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:12 AM »
Wasn't his first hire--before any assistant coaches--a female admin assistant with whom he worked somewhere before?

Back in the day if OBZ left for another school I guarantee Joan would have been the first person he offered a job to. Nothing better than a very good administrative assistant.

Did you hear her phone call with The Ed?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »
"I heard Wooly took the $4.2 million he made as the KSU coach and saved and invested it intelligently with an eye toward his future retirement."
emaw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »

:confused:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Princess stories
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
NM

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »
Wooldridge treated people like crap when he wasn't eating lunch at the Union

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »

hey man if you've got an axe to grind let's out with it already

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »

:confused:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=27831.0

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
From a talking point on message board, Ronnie provided more stuff in three years than Bill has in 21
Always wondered if anyone has stories of Ron talking about how much he hated Bill? 

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »
He used to come into Dara's every night and say "I need $40 on pump 6" and then would proceed to buy a 30 of Coors and a carton of Menthols.

The weird thing was that I never worked at Dara's and none of that is true. But it might be  :opcat:

Might be the best Ron Prince story on here.  Even if it didn't happen.  Bookie Pimp should take a page out of your book.. :driving:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »

He was a horrible coach, and a saint! Stop spreading lies!  :nono:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
Fellow gE'ers, I received this note via PM and wanted to share as I'm hopeful that many more of you may also have some history with ol' bunny ears...

Please help this kind young woman out if you are able.

I saw your comments in this string. The reason I'm sending this message is because it sounds like you have some history with him. It's embarrassing to admit, but I was in a relationship with Ron for a year while he lived in Jacksonville. Recently I discovered that he had another girlfriend in Indiana the entire time we were together (not to mention the fact that he told me he was separated when we met and he was still married) -- almost everything he told me for the entire year was a lie. I'm trying to make sense of spending a year of my life with a predator. I don't know how much you know about him, but it would be helpful to me if I could get a better a sense of what I was dealing with. It is this crazy curiosity I guess, because the whole time I knew him I thought he was this honorable guy (he is always going on about leadership and integrity and about what a great role model he is). 
bears are fast...

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
Fellow gE'ers, I received this note via PM and wanted to share as I'm hopeful that many more of you may also have some history with ol' bunny ears...

Please help this kind young woman out if you are able.

I saw your comments in this string. The reason I'm sending this message is because it sounds like you have some history with him. It's embarrassing to admit, but I was in a relationship with Ron for a year while he lived in Jacksonville. Recently I discovered that he had another girlfriend in Indiana the entire time we were together (not to mention the fact that he told me he was separated when we met and he was still married) -- almost everything he told me for the entire year was a lie. I'm trying to make sense of spending a year of my life with a predator. I don't know how much you know about him, but it would be helpful to me if I could get a better a sense of what I was dealing with. It is this crazy curiosity I guess, because the whole time I knew him I thought he was this honorable guy (he is always going on about leadership and integrity and about what a great role model he is). 
Lesson one to anonymous floozy: anyone that goes on about how they are great role models are, in fact, not great role models.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.