Author Topic: College Station  (Read 72872 times)

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: College Station
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »
Have you dorks ever compared Klein's numbers vs. OU and Manziel's numbers vs. OU? I feel like I'm trying to explain to Ryan Wallace that Lebron is good here.

Klein vs OU: 149 pass yds, 0 TD 0 INT
                    79 rush yds 1 TD
WON GAME 24-19

Manziel vs OU: 287 pass yds, 2 TD 1 INT
                      229 rush yds, 2 TD

WON GAME 41-13

You know I'm on your side, right?

yes I know, I was just posting it for all to see stats against the same opponent.
everyone is jealous

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
The main reasons Manziel won the Heisman: beating Alabama and flashy highlight reel plays.  A ton of his stats came against really shitty teams (5 TDs vs 1AA Sam Houston State, 5 TDs vs 1AA SC State, 5 TDs vs 3-9 Auburn, 4 TDs vs 4-8 Pig Aggie, 5 TDs vs 5-7 Missouri).  More than half of his TDs came against crap competition.

If anyone really voted for him to win the Heisman because of his stats and not because of beating Alabama and flashy plays (and I'm sure some people did) they are retards.  He wasn't scoring 5 TDs/game when he was playing against teams that weren't totally overmatched.

this is what I was getting at but was too lazy to look into it. t-y Shacks

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »
What good defenses are you guys saying Klein played well against?

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »
Not as far off as timhawk thinks, as stats don't show the whole story really, but yeah Manziel definitely deserved it as a player over Klein.  As a person and all the "values" that the Heisman is supposed to stand for, lol, no.

I agree, as a person he's crap, but he's a better player than Klein. Hiesman is all about on the field performance.
Agree with tim on this one.   :tsc:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:53 PM »
The main reasons Manziel won the Heisman: beating Alabama and flashy highlight reel plays.  A ton of his stats came against really shitty teams (5 TDs vs 1AA Sam Houston State, 5 TDs vs 1AA SC State, 5 TDs vs 3-9 Auburn, 4 TDs vs 4-8 Pig Aggie, 5 TDs vs 5-7 Missouri).  More than half of his TDs came against crap competition.

If anyone really voted for him to win the Heisman because of his stats and not because of beating Alabama and flashy plays (and I'm sure some people did) they are retards.  He wasn't scoring 5 TDs/game when he was playing against teams that weren't totally overmatched.

so you're saying stats for Hiesman should only be considered from "big games"?
everyone is jealous

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

Nah, I think what he means is that when you play against defenses that horrible, you are going to run up the score a bit and the TDs count, but they don't mean as much.  I mean how meaningful really is 5 TDs vs Sam Houston State?

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »

When 10 of your TDs are against 1AA teams, that devalues the "but he had better stats" argument.  I really don't think that's an unreasonable argument.  The Heisman is most definitely won in big games.  No way in hell Manziel wins it if Aggie lost to Alabama.

As far as the Oklahoma comparison, you might have a point if the Heisman was awarded after the bowl games, but it's not.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »
Man, Tim really cares about this.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
I think Johnny deserved it, but it's not just numbers. Klein had his team on a National Championship run and A conference championship. JM beat Alabama and espn blew that up into a Super Bowl victory. It's not black and white here, dumbasses (Tim).

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »

When 10 of your TDs are against 1AA teams, that devalues the "but he had better stats" argument.  I really don't think that's an unreasonable argument.  The Heisman is most definitely won in big games.  No way in hell Manziel wins it if Aggie lost to Alabama.

As far as the Oklahoma comparison, you might have a point if the Heisman was awarded after the bowl games, but it's not.

like posted above...what tough defenses did ksu play?
everyone is jealous

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
And in the interest of being fair, here are Klein's TD numbers vs 1AA teams/teams with losing records

2 TDs vs Missouri State
3 TDs vs North Texas
4 TDs vs KU

Nine of Klein's TDs came against crap competition as opposed to 24 for Manziel.  I'm too lazy to go into yardage for these same games but I'd be willing to bet that Manziel also has a much higher percentage of his total yards against bad teams than Klein as well.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »
And in the interest of being fair, here are Klein's TD numbers vs 1AA teams/teams with losing records

2 TDs vs Missouri State
3 TDs vs North Texas
4 TDs vs KU

Nine of Klein's TDs came against crap competition as opposed to 24 for Manziel.  I'm too lazy to go into yardage for these same games but I'd be willing to bet that Manziel also has a much higher percentage of his total yards against bad teams than Klein as well.

but we are talking about horrible teams right? so throw in Kleins 7 TD he had against that stout WVU defense while you're at it. and btw if you are that good you should put up HUGE numbers against scrub teams.
everyone is jealous

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »

Aggie played more elite teams than KSU, but they also played a lot more bodybag games, which led to Manziel's inflated numbers.  KSU only played three games against teams that didn't go to a bowl game, A&M played six.  Like I said, Manziel won the Heisman because he played great in one of Aggie's tough games and made highlight reel plays all season.  Klein was only going to win if KSU went 12-0 and we didn't so it's fine with me that he didn't win, but arguing that Manziel deserved to win because of stats is asinine.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »
Lol. Louisiana Tech=West Virginia. Minus the fact that WV was contending for the conference championship at the time in a major conference. Sorry, Tim.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »

2 TDs vs Missouri State
3 TDs vs North Texas
4 TDs vs KU

but we are talking about horrible teams right? so throw in Kleins 7 TD he had against that stout WVU defense while you're at it. and btw if you are that good you should put up HUGE numbers against scrub teams.

I was only looking at TDs vs 1AA teams/teams with losing records for both teams.  If Klein's 7 TDs vs 7-6 WVU are considered trash, so are Manziel's 6 TDs vs 9-3 Louisiana Tech.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2013, 08:35:47 PM »
Your opponents are building their arguments on weak ground.  GET 'EM, TIM!  :thumbsup:

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »

Aggie played more elite teams than KSU, but they also played a lot more bodybag games, which led to Manziel's inflated numbers.  KSU only played three games against teams that didn't go to a bowl game, A&M played six.  Like I said, Manziel won the Heisman because he played great in one of Aggie's tough games and made highlight reel plays all season.  Klein was only going to win if KSU went 12-0 and we didn't so it's fine with me that he didn't win, but arguing that Manziel deserved to win because of stats is asinine.

you do know they pick a Heisman based on stats right? not who's the better christian
everyone is jealous

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
God, let's end this.  Manziel was more deserving as a player, Klein as a person.  Stahp.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
I don't know that week 4 OU vs bowl week OU is really a fair comparison. But yes, A&M finished ridiculously hot.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2013, 08:40:02 PM »
Can we just get back to discussing what a joy it is to watch the trainwreck that is Johnny Lohan?

:facepalm:
bears are fast...

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
I don't know that week 4 OU vs bowl week OU is really a fair comparison. But yes, A&M finished ridiculously hot.

how is that not fair? OU had a whole month to gameplan against Manziel and still couldnt stop him.
everyone is jealous

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »

you do know they pick a Heisman based on stats right? not who's the better christian

All I'm saying is that if you take longer than two seconds to look at the overall stats and look at how the stats were gained, Manziel's numbers become a lot less impressive because a large percentage of them came against really bad competition.  To KU fans, it might seem like a big deal to score 5 TDs vs a 1AA team or a 3-9 conference foe.  To the rest of us, it's not that impressive.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2013, 08:50:23 PM »

how is that not fair? OU had a whole month to gameplan against Manziel and still couldnt stop him.

Because OU's defense was rough ridin' terrible the 2nd half of the season.  I'm not saying Klein should have won it, but OU absolutely laid down in that bowl game.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »
LOL at you guys trying to justify that manziel's stats are t legit.
everyone is jealous

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
This is like watching the phog after eyebrows dominated them and none of them could admit he was poty over the spitter.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite