Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 184972 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2800 on: January 23, 2024, 09:02:20 AM »
When your kid's coach or parent makes a post in one of the 37 apps used to track your kids activities and is very specific on how to respond. Something like, "If your kid doesn't want to play soccer this year, let me know here" or "like this post if you are in this year". and then some dumbass posts, "Adelynny is in, so excited!!!" which sets off everyone else to do the exact opposite of what the coach says to do.

Happens every time and drives me bonkers.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: January 23, 2024, 09:06:30 AM »
When your kid's coach or parent makes a post in one of the 37 apps used to track your kids activities and is very specific on how to respond. Something like, "If your kid doesn't want to play soccer this year, let me know here" or "like this post if you are in this year". and then some dumbass posts, "Adelynny is in, so excited!!!" which sets off everyone else to do the exact opposite of what the coach says to do.

great white people shame name

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: January 23, 2024, 09:15:08 AM »

Why can't there just be a text or Signal or FB messenger thread instead of using apps like "band" or "groupme" for team stuff? I dislike being forced to add new apps when I already have a widely available app on my phone that does the exact same function.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: January 23, 2024, 08:42:06 PM »
I currently am a member of 4 different band groups, all youth sports related

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: January 24, 2024, 08:37:04 AM »

If you don't have kids, I'm calling the cops

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: January 24, 2024, 08:58:17 AM »

Why can't there just be a text or Signal or FB messenger thread instead of using apps like "band" or "groupme" for team stuff? I dislike being forced to add new apps when I already have a widely available app on my phone that does the exact same function.

how is signal or fb messenger different than groupme or band? the reason we have to use groupme is because text groups can't be over a certain number of people or something. like you max out on a baseball or football team because there are a shitload of parents, many split households so you get like 4 parents per kid. basketball it could possibly work.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 24, 2024, 09:01:06 AM »

If you don't have kids, I'm calling the cops
Just one   :ohno:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 24, 2024, 09:03:37 AM »

how is signal or fb messenger different than groupme or band? the reason we have to use groupme is because text groups can't be over a certain number of people or something. like you max out on a baseball or football team because there are a shitload of parents, many split households so you get like 4 parents per kid. basketball it could possibly work.
doesn't everyone already have FB Messenger or Signal? I don't think there is a limit to how many members can be on a thread with those apps.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: January 24, 2024, 09:09:01 AM »

doesn't everyone already have FB Messenger or Signal? I don't think there is a limit to how many members can be on a thread with those apps.

I have neither of those things. We use group me and team snap.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: January 24, 2024, 09:12:37 AM »

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: January 24, 2024, 09:37:49 AM »
My favorite is WhatsApp

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2811 on: January 27, 2024, 09:51:47 AM »
Tailgaters that pass you and drive slower than you were already driving.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: January 27, 2024, 10:50:34 AM »
Anybody out driving on my roads at the same time I am

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: January 27, 2024, 10:52:20 AM »
I drive up and down lamar every day for work and there is a person that drives an E bike on the exact same commute. What really grinds my gears is you will pass them then when you get to a stop light they will take their bike on the sidewalk, get in front of everyone at the stop light, cross the street in the crosswalk then get back on the road ahead of you.

Sometimes I will end up passing this person multiple times in a couple of miles and it's infuriating...stay on the road or the sidewalk.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: January 27, 2024, 02:07:21 PM »
Team ebike guy

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 27, 2024, 03:22:45 PM »
Yeah, seems like e bike person is gaming the system for their best commute  :dunno:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: January 27, 2024, 03:36:36 PM »
The ebike people act like they own the entire road/sidewalk, so I am firmly on #teamnoebike  :don'tcare:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: January 27, 2024, 04:16:28 PM »
Have either of you ever ridden a bike on a road? Ebike people are the entitled ones and not drivers of SUVs and huge trucks?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #2818 on: January 27, 2024, 07:01:03 PM »
The real kings of the road are the beat up Civics with trash bag windows and massive dents. Like the tear drop tattoo of driving. No one is gonna mess with the guy who has nothing to lose.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: January 27, 2024, 07:02:06 PM »
Bikes on the road should be illegal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: January 27, 2024, 07:23:09 PM »
i certainly hope you're ge'ing

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: January 27, 2024, 07:26:34 PM »
Residential streets are fine but if you ride a bike on a street with even moderate traffic you should be arrested

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: January 27, 2024, 07:27:33 PM »
To make it simple, if there are lines painted on the street, biker goes to jail

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: January 27, 2024, 07:34:11 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: January 27, 2024, 07:36:24 PM »
you're on to something. while we're at it kc needs more freeways and surface lots downtown.