Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 180149 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2275 on: October 06, 2022, 07:43:32 AM »
when you need to enter an account number and they won't let you copy and paste. I WON'T GET IT WRONG IF I CAN COPY AND PASTE BUT MIGHT IF I TYPE IT IN MANUALLY

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 06, 2022, 07:43:57 AM »
shortening "pizza" to "za"

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 06, 2022, 07:47:22 AM »
Michigan cat's PP, including his hate for LinkedIn.  :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: October 06, 2022, 08:17:28 AM »
when you need to enter an account number and they won't let you copy and paste. I WON'T GET IT WRONG IF I CAN COPY AND PASTE BUT MIGHT IF I TYPE IT IN MANUALLY
This enrages me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 06, 2022, 08:31:32 AM »
The drop-off at my kids school is sending me through the roof every morning. You are supposed to form 2 lanes and then merge to pull in front of the school and drop off. Every morning these dumbshits form one giant lane that stretches into the street and complete ignore the merge cones at the end. Yesterday the line was long as crap and I normally just get in line because that is what everyone does. I said eff it, so I made a second lane and stopped at the merge cones next to the car in the front line like you are supposed to. The school lady gave me thumbs up for not being a dumbass.  :gocho:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: October 06, 2022, 08:38:20 AM »
shortening "pizza" to "za"
this is the dumbest abbreviation ever

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 06, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »
My very nice neighbor's very cute dog likes to come and romp thru our yard when he goes outside. Normally this is only mildly irritating but we just reseeded the lawn and his giant paws are churning up the damp soil. Also, one of their chickens seems to have been killed by a predator of some sort in my front yard so now there is a bunch of white feathers on my lawn. They are otherwise great neighbors and their dog is otherwise awesome so I feel bad being mad about this but I'm also feeling hypervigilant about the wellbeing of my baby grass.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 06, 2022, 08:56:47 AM »
The drop-off at my kids school is sending me through the roof every morning. You are supposed to form 2 lanes and then merge to pull in front of the school and drop off. Every morning these dumbshits form one giant lane that stretches into the street and complete ignore the merge cones at the end. Yesterday the line was long as crap and I normally just get in line because that is what everyone does. I said eff it, so I made a second lane and stopped at the merge cones next to the car in the front line like you are supposed to. The school lady gave me thumbs up for not being a dumbass.  :gocho:

the idea of people merging before the last possible moment is kind of enraging but I also look at it as an opportunity for me to zoom past the early-mergers. Somewhere (maybe Europe?) I saw an explicit sign to merge at the end zipper-style but the midwest is notorious for getting over like a mile early.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 06, 2022, 09:06:39 AM »

the idea of people merging before the last possible moment is kind of enraging but I also look at it as an opportunity for me to zoom past the early-mergers. Somewhere (maybe Europe?) I saw an explicit sign to merge at the end zipper-style but the midwest is notorious for getting over like a mile early.

yeah, i've read similar things. Americans are just a bunch of dumbshits that like to wait in long lines for some reason. I had moved up before when the lines were shorter and it was no big deal. It was hilarious yesterday though because the line was huge and everyone saw me do it and not one person followed me. it just doesn't make any sense. There are even cops there a day or so a week and they yell at people for not forming 2 lines, yet as soon as they aren't there, one giant as line. its bizarre.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 06, 2022, 09:20:31 AM »
How did this turn into an American thing? :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 06, 2022, 09:30:20 AM »
I agree wacks, I think it's more of a midwestern thing

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 06, 2022, 09:42:02 AM »
How did this turn into an American thing? :lol:
It could be my imagination but I think that Wichita has some of the worst mergers anywhere.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 06, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »
I'm sure Ireland peeps think Scottish people are a bunch of wankers too when it comes to driving.  :dunno: I get it tho, I get road rage too, but it's mainly because I drive like a dad now and have a bunch of maniacs around me.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 06, 2022, 09:59:59 AM »
sucking crap at driving is not specific to america / midwest. not knowing how to merge is, though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 06, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »

One of my favorite things is passing hundreds of cars lined up in the right lane before merging right before the I-70 west ramp after KSU football games. It's a real thrill.

yeah, i've read similar things. Americans are just a bunch of dumbshits that like to wait in long lines for some reason. I had moved up before when the lines were shorter and it was no big deal. It was hilarious yesterday though because the line was huge and everyone saw me do it and not one person followed me. it just doesn't make any sense. There are even cops there a day or so a week and they yell at people for not forming 2 lines, yet as soon as they aren't there, one giant as line. its bizarre.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 06, 2022, 10:05:14 AM »
Man, I'll never forget my first driving lesson. I literally had never driven before, before drivers ed and my maniac driving teacher had me merge onto K10 from Eudora to Lawrence right away. I wanted to cry.   :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 06, 2022, 10:08:29 AM »
I just had an executive strategy meeting that started at 10:45. Like led by the CEO. I was double booked and moved a meeting to be there on time. I showed up on time and found out it really started at 11 but they made it 10:45 because everyone always "trickle in". It's 11:07 and we haven't started.

:curse:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 06, 2022, 10:14:38 AM »
holy crap, burn it down

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 06, 2022, 11:55:16 AM »
Man, I'll never forget my first driving lesson. I literally had never driven before, before drivers ed and my maniac driving teacher had me merge onto K10 from Eudora to Lawrence right away. I wanted to cry.   :lol:

Oh man. I had drivers ed at my tiny HS and we actually had one of those cars with a brake on the passenger side. To pass the class you also had to have a certain amount of riding time with others. One day I was riding in the back and this girl got in the drivers seat. It was like she had never been in a car before. She had no idea where anything was or how anything worked. The first time she backed out, the teacher told her to ease on the accelerator and she rough ridin' stomped its and threw us all forward. He started screaming at her while stomping on his brake. He told her to stop and hit the brake and she literally put her head under the steering wheel to look for it. I told him I was never riding with her again and he could flunk me if he wanted.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 06, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »

It could be my imagination but I think that Wichita has some of the worst mergers drivers anywhere.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: October 06, 2022, 01:00:17 PM »
How did this turn into an American thing?
It could be my imagination but I think that Wichita has some of the worst mergers anywhere.

this is a divorce thread post

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 13, 2022, 09:50:09 AM »
I heard a big truck honking in front of my house this morning. I go to see what's happening and the neighbor's lawn guy is parked in front of my house and the garbage truck can't get through. I go back to my office since it doesn't have anything to do with me. I just looked out front again and the garbage mens didn't pick up my trash (probably out of spite of the dude parked in front of my house)  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 13, 2022, 10:19:30 AM »
I heard a big truck honking in front of my house this morning. I go to see what's happening and the neighbor's lawn guy is parked in front of my house and the garbage truck can't get through. I go back to my office since it doesn't have anything to do with me. I just looked out front again and the garbage mens didn't pick up my trash (probably out of spite of the dude parked in front of my house)  :curse:

that's not a pet peeve, but would enrage me.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 13, 2022, 10:23:09 AM »
Work related peeve. Every once in a while i'll get sent a form to fill out. It absolutely enrages me when I get sent a form with data boxes or whatever and when I put my info in where it tells me, the rest of the text moves all over the place messing it all up. I have to spend an hour reformatting the damn thing because some dumbass sent a word doc instead of pdf or whatever.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 18, 2022, 04:07:59 PM »
When you get a sticker and it doesn't have a tab or a half split so its basically impossible to get the sticker off the paper part without messing up the sticker.  :curse: