Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 183370 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #675 on: March 10, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
There is a radio commercial with I think Ben Leber maybe? Anyway, he says "I'm a former K-State alum...."

You don't need the word former.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »
Like I don't care if bicyclists blow stop signs, but they do it at their own peril.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 12, 2017, 12:20:52 AM »
My new pet peeve is visible contact lenses on actors' eyes in movies/shows that take place in settings that could not have contact lense technology.

The Big Train

« Reply #678 on: March 12, 2017, 12:32:07 AM »
Example?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #679 on: March 12, 2017, 06:42:27 AM »
Drivers that bitch about cyclists not following rules of the road. We know full well you don't follow every one of them.

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/9-things-drivers-need-stop-saying-bikes-vs-cars-debate/

The Big Train

« Reply #680 on: March 12, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »
Drivers that bitch about cyclists not following rules of the road. We know full well you don't follow every one of them.

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/9-things-drivers-need-stop-saying-bikes-vs-cars-debate/

You don't drive around MHK everyday. The bike lanes help so they don't slow down traffic but changing lanes without signaling, not dismounting for crosswalk crossings, and blowing through stop signs. It's a miracle nobody has died yet.

The Big Train

« Reply #681 on: March 12, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
You also obviously didn't listen to the great MHK podcast that we have.  Officer Dan(can't remember his name) said that bike accidents are up, so it is a problem that's needs addressing.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 15, 2017, 06:47:47 AM »
People posting quotes and attributing them to "unknown"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 15, 2017, 07:41:04 AM »
You also obviously didn't listen to the great MHK podcast that we have.  Officer Dan(can't remember his name) said that bike accidents are up, so it is a problem that's needs addressing.

It is much more serious for a car to not signal than a bike. Drivers are the cause of like 90% of car/bike accidents and also like 90% of the bitching about how dangerous it is to have bikes and cars on the road together.

The Big Train

« Reply #684 on: March 15, 2017, 07:43:09 AM »

It is much more serious for a car to not signal than a bike. Drivers are the cause of like 90% of car/bike accidents and also like 90% of the bitching about how dangerous it is to have bikes and cars on the road together.

So if I hit a bike who is in front of me because they didn't signal it's my fault. Also if they blow through a crosswalk without turning on the flashers and I hit them it's my fault. Got it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #685 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:13 AM »
Your lack of reading comprehension is your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
Had a friend riding her bike through aggieville when a car came busting out of an alley and took her out. :(

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 15, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
She wasn't injured but destroyed her bike

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 15, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
Just because many drivers are shitty drivers doesn't mean it's ok for cyclists to be shitty cyclists. I get pissed at shitty drivers, too.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 15, 2017, 11:39:27 AM »
Incorrect usage of Irony (I actually almost never see it used correctly) and the overuse of literally.  pronouncing hamburger as hambooger, and pronouncing wolf as woof.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
Repeating myself to coworkers.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Woof is contextual IMO.  Like if you're dismayed at the plummeting elk and deer populations, you blame the woofs.  But like you may have also seem a beautiful documentary on wolves, fascinating creatures they are.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 16, 2017, 08:36:21 AM »
Woof is contextual IMO.  Like if you're dismayed at the plummeting elk and deer populations, you blame the woofs.  But like you may have also seem a beautiful documentary on wolves, fascinating creatures they are.

good lord, no.
:adios:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 16, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
woof as wolf or wolves can be nothing other than a devastating and utterly crippling speech impediment. good luck navigating human society, woof-sayer. you are better off talking through a Stephen Hawking robot mouth.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 16, 2017, 11:51:30 PM »
Would suggest you guys not spend a summer in Paradise Valley, could be very embarrassing.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 17, 2017, 12:22:32 AM »

You don't drive around MHK everyday. The bike lanes help so they don't slow down traffic but changing lanes without signaling, not dismounting for crosswalk crossings, and blowing through stop signs. It's a miracle nobody has died yet.

Nobody has died?  WTF the community has had cyclists killed because some eff knob ran a biker down because he was "adjusting his gps" probably texting. The biker was in the shoulder away from traffic.  So lets not go down this road without relevant facts.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 17, 2017, 12:27:03 AM »

So if I hit a bike who is in front of me because they didn't signal it's my fault. Also if they blow through a crosswalk without turning on the flashers and I hit them it's my fault. Got it.

How would you hit a biker if they did or didn't signal a turn?  Did you leave out the part where you illegally passed the cyclist to run them down? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

The Big Train

« Reply #697 on: March 17, 2017, 07:09:55 AM »

How would you hit a biker if they did or didn't signal a turn?  Did you leave out the part where you illegally passed the cyclist to run them down?

First of all I never pass bikers if they are riding in the middle of the street. Second there have been times where a cyclist has been on the right side of the road and they just swerve left onto a side street without signaling.

I get it guys bad drivers make all drivers look bad. I'm just saying the cyclists that are bad riders make all of them look bad too. Let's just move on.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 17, 2017, 07:49:53 AM »
Would suggest you guys not spend a summer in Paradise Valley, could be very embarrassing.

speech impediments can be regional

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 17, 2017, 08:27:38 AM »

speech impediments can be regional

You guys aren't getting it, never mind.