Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 1006287 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #9150 on: December 19, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »
Majority of council (12/13 ) requested outside council be brought in to guide the city through negotiations of this project.  Lucas (who is not a fan of sly) initiated the resolution.

Lol the MOU being "blacked out". Cue up the Jennifer Lawrence OK gif.

initiate slybot.exe(cuse)

need an excuse? just run the ol' slybot 5000
plenty of the mou was blacked out hence the council's vote
but i know, ol' slybots can't fault slyin for anything

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: December 19, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
Just the boring parts I was told

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: December 20, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
looking into the $30M that edgemoor wants us to reimburse them for is pure comedy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: December 20, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
looking into the $30M that edgemoor wants us to reimburse them for is pure comedy
Tell us more

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: December 20, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
Westport sidewalks have officially been vacated

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »
Permitless carry went into effect this year in missouri. Gun related violent incidents in westport went from 16 in 2016 to over 60 so far this year. Crazy

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: December 20, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
https://www.pitch.com/news/blog/20986572/whats-happening-with-the-kansas-city-airport-is-astonishing-but-not-for-the-reasons-you-probably-think

Someone sum it up. TLDNR.

Lawyers were paid big $$$ by KC to negotiate MOU with Edgemoor. MOU unveiled after city vote. City on hook to reimburse Edgemoor for “expenses” if Edgemoor pulls off the job for any reason. These expenses include $45k/month in travel and +1mil in legal fees. Expenses are uncapped and Edgemoor can pull out at any time for any reason whatsoever.  In a doomsday scenario where Edgemoor pulled out late and we owed them big $$&, how would city pay for it? 

Doesn’t seem like a good deal for the city. If this’ll article is true.

The Big Train

« Reply #9159 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
Permitless carry went into effect this year in missouri. Gun related violent incidents in westport went from 16 in 2016 to over 60 so far this year. Crazy

We’ve had 2 in 3 days and I’m betting it’s because of this for MHK gun violence

The Big Train

« Reply #9160 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »
https://www.pitch.com/news/blog/20986572/whats-happening-with-the-kansas-city-airport-is-astonishing-but-not-for-the-reasons-you-probably-think

Lawyers were paid big $$$ by KC to negotiate MOU with Edgemoor. MOU unveiled after city vote. City on hook to reimburse Edgemoor for “expenses” if Edgemoor pulls off the job for any reason. These expenses include $45k/month in travel and +1mil in legal fees. Expenses are uncapped and Edgemoor can pull out at any time for any reason whatsoever.  In a doomsday scenario where Edgemoor pulled out late and we owed them big $$&, how would city pay for it? 

That’s still pretty long

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: December 20, 2017, 07:35:34 PM »
Edgemoor got the city to sign a legal document that states they can walk for any reason and also get paid when they do?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: December 20, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
Edgemoor got the city to sign a legal document that states they can walk for any reason and also get paid when they do?

that's why the city council voted it down
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »

I don't know how these things realistically work most of the time but holy crap that renner guy that the council hired to represent them sure appears to have been either completely incompetent or had a huge conflict of interest.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: December 20, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »

It's not official yet....tomorrow it's voted on by full council...and these numbers are a farce westport businesses are pushing and the fact is the majority of those crimes published by the KCPD show these are happening outside of the area they will vacate aleady....this won't fix any problem except Bill Nigro trying to keep black people from his front door.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9165 on: December 20, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »

True.  False (draft of MOU was out before vote). True as of now but is part of the negotiations....but for that money the city keeps the work product so wouldn't have to reproduce what was done (so while maybe inflated doesn't sound that unfair).  City would pay through airport revenues.

good thread to some non-pitch scare article

https://twitter.com/KCMOManager/status/942164644348809217
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:29:41 PM by Phil Titola »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: December 20, 2017, 09:36:10 PM »

It's not official yet....tomorrow it's voted on by full council...and these numbers are a farce westport businesses are pushing and the fact is the majority of those crimes published by the KCPD show these are happening outside of the area they will vacate aleady....this won't fix any problem except Bill Nigro trying to keep black people from his front door.
There is more to it than that

The Big Train

« Reply #9167 on: December 20, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »
KC seems worse than MHK maybe I shouldn't move back.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: December 20, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »

There is more to it than that

we have horrible state gun laws...got it....you don't fix that by giving bar owners sidewalks and the city having to PAY to get them back when this doesn't work....no data in any other city has shown this to work nor is the crime right now happening in the area you'll be frisked to get into.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: December 20, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
Listen I'm not all for this but the police say this will give them more ability to cover the surrounding neighborhoods aka where I live

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: December 20, 2017, 09:48:41 PM »
Listen I'm not all for this but the police say this will give them more ability to cover the surrounding neighborhoods aka where I live

I totally get that desire but that is a joke and you know it...they aren't going to patrol your hood, they are still going to be pulled into the crowds in and around the DMZ.

Hold them to it.  Complain to council when you don't see it.

The Big Train

« Reply #9171 on: December 20, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »
What is mocat doing that he doesn't the 5-0 knowing about  :surprised:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: December 20, 2017, 10:04:04 PM »

I totally get that desire but that is a joke and you know it...they aren't going to patrol your hood, they are still going to be pulled into the crowds in and around the DMZ.

Agree but I think it's unfair to paint the motives as racist. Universally everybody is kind of like well wtf do we do about this. I am just super pissed that Missouri leg passed such an obviously terrible law

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: December 20, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

Agree but I think it's unfair to paint the motives as racist. Universally everybody is kind of like well wtf do we do about this. I am just super pissed that Missouri leg passed such an obviously terrible law

That was just a bit of gE'ing about Nigro who has some great quotes including “I don’t believe in playing hip-hop and rap music and drawing a specific crowd. I’m not looking for that,” Nigro says. “I’ve owned a few country nightclubs, and I’ve had fewer problems out of that crowd. If that makes me racist, fine. If somebody’s offended by that, fine."

"the wtf do we do" doesn't include a half of what has been suggested they try...and again, the crime isn't happening where they will frisk people...it's already occurring outside of that area. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: December 21, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »
Oh man if you aren't tuned to channel 2 all day today you don't know what you are missing

Westport giveaway
Airport back on track
Streetcar finding a way to move forward