Author Topic: Kansas City things  (Read 999981 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City things
« Reply #12225 on: June 03, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »
FYI if you work in KCMO but live outside of KCMO and have been working from home you can get a refund on the 1% KCMO earnings tax for the days you worked from home.

how are you going about that?  i don't think i'll be working in KCMO for the rest of the year.

Form RD-109 is a tax return used by a resident individual taxpayer or a non-resident working in Kansas City, Missouri to file and pay the earnings tax of 1%. Form RD-109 should not be filed if the earnings tax due is fully withheld by the taxpayer’s employer. Form RD-109 is also used by a resident to request a refund if over withheld.

I don't work in KCMO so I'm not going to look into it too much but I think you just add up all the days that you worked outside of the city and then file that form and they cut you a check.

My dad used to do that in the 80's when he worked in KCMO, would keep track of all the days he traveled for work (which was like 5 or 10 at most) then make the city cut him a check for like $40.  :ROFL:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: June 03, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »
FYI if you work in KCMO but live outside of KCMO and have been working from home you can get a refund on the 1% KCMO earnings tax for the days you worked from home.

how are you going about that?  i don't think i'll be working in KCMO for the rest of the year.

Use form RD-109NR

https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/finance/tax-home/tax-forms

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: June 03, 2020, 09:42:26 AM »
probably just wait until the end of the year and do it all at once

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: June 03, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
probably just wait until the end of the year and do it all at once

Yeah you won't be able to do it until 2021 I don't think as you need wage tax forms.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: June 03, 2020, 10:05:50 AM »
the plaza is closed again today

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: June 03, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »
the plaza is closed again today
Are the police lines f'ing with your access to your apt or anything?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: June 03, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »
Did anything happen last night?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: June 03, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »
Did anything happen last night?

Smaller protest and cops finally backed off instead of getting in the protestors faces with riot helmets.  Sounds like it went pretty late last night but not one gas container thrown at crowd so progress?

I bet the Plaza stays closed through the weekend at this point.  I don't see anyway there aren't protests everyday till then.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: June 03, 2020, 11:30:10 AM »
Sucks for plaza businesses trying to make a comeback from the 'rona.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: June 03, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »
Sucks for plaza businesses trying to make a comeback from the 'rona.
"hey small business owner, i know you've been closed for the last couple months and have no income coming in and sorry about the looters who smashed out thousands of dollars worth of glass and also, you're closed for a week because of racism."

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: June 03, 2020, 12:40:10 PM »
i left for costco about an hour ago and as i was leaving saw a mid-20's very disheveled, possibly homeless kid walking up summit towards 47th with his  backpack and an ar-15 style assault rifle.   told one of the police who are on sentry duty outside my house and he saw him too then called his buds but they couldn't find him.  which is kinda hard to believe because there's literally no way the kid could have escaped from the area since the nordstrom construction has things closed off.  i really hope he's not going to target protesters tonight.  police guy said mine was the 2nd report of this kid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: June 03, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
does the Plaza still have small business owners? (honest q)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: June 03, 2020, 12:55:09 PM »

My work has made a "home" location on our timesheets for that, but yes, you are correct you should get that refund
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: June 03, 2020, 01:38:56 PM »
i left for costco about an hour ago and as i was leaving saw a mid-20's very disheveled, possibly homeless kid walking up summit towards 47th with his  backpack and an ar-15 style assault rifle.   told one of the police who are on sentry duty outside my house and he saw him too then called his buds but they couldn't find him.  which is kinda hard to believe because there's literally no way the kid could have escaped from the area since the nordstrom construction has things closed off.  i really hope he's not going to target protesters tonight.  police guy said mine was the 2nd report of this kid.

What can the PD do, that's not illegal in MO anymore is it?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: June 03, 2020, 01:40:03 PM »

Off the top of my head I'd guss about 15-20% of tenants are local small businesses

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12240 on: June 03, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
I'd guess less than that

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: June 03, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »

they can ask him for his permit (most homeless and/or mentally unstable people don’t have them)
he was obviously concerned enough to call over 7 other officers to find the guy

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: June 03, 2020, 04:48:28 PM »
more than you would think
most of the restaurants/ pubs are locally owned
not much local retail which is as much a function of supply chain as anything to do w class a rent

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: June 03, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »

they can ask him for his permit (most homeless and/or mentally unstable people don’t have them)
he was obviously concerned enough to call over 7 other officers to find the guy

MO doesn't need permits anymore either?  I'm glad they were concerned.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: June 03, 2020, 04:54:22 PM »
They should act as if he's black and do detain/arrest him for whatever pretextual thing they'd have done in that scenario.  Then, even if he is later charged with a crime and it's thrown out because of unlawful stop/search, wgaf, at least they prevented loony dude from shooting everyone.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: June 03, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »
the state has no restrictions, but I believe city ordinance says you have to have a concealed permit to open carry (because they can't ban it)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: June 03, 2020, 05:17:02 PM »
the state has no restrictions, but I believe city ordinance says you have to have a concealed permit to open carry (because they can't ban it)

I don't want to click on most links that suppoedly show the law like opencarry2ndamendementbetyourass.com so we'll go with wikipedia.

Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner.[22] Some localities prohibit open carry; however, concealed carry license holders are exempted from this restriction.[23]

I don't think KC has this but I can't imagine why we don't.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: June 03, 2020, 05:33:33 PM »

I don't want to click on most links that suppoedly show the law like opencarry2ndamendementbetyourass.com so we'll go with wikipedia.

Missouri allows open carry without a permit, so long as the firearm is not displayed in an angry or threatening manner.[22] Some localities prohibit open carry; however, concealed carry license holders are exempted from this restriction.[23]

I don't think KC has this but I can't imagine why we don't.

Seems like a great legal standard. What if you're calmly open carrying but are merely afflicted with resting bitch face?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: June 12, 2020, 08:43:49 AM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile