Author Topic: IRS Mess Gaining Legs When McClatchy is Now Raising Larger Issues  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
McClatchy has never considered any conservative issue/concern worthwhile as far back as I can remember.  I wonder if the editors are all napping or out chasing hookers.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/30/192616/irs-may-have-targeted-conservatives.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: IRS Mess Gaining Legs When McClatchy is Now Raising Larger Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
The IRS targeted all manner of "conservative" groups. Tea Party groups, anti-abortion groups, and pro-Israel groups, that we know so far. A number of high profile Romney donors were mysteriously audited in the run up to the 2012 election. I find it very hard to believe that this was the sole prerogative of the IRS and that this administration was not involved. The former IRS chief visited the White House at least 157 times. To put that into perspective...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:46:42 AM »
"publicly known" seems really arbitrary.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
"publicly known" seems really arbitrary.

Yeah, it's pretty arbitrary to rely on publicly available information (the White House guest book). Should have asked Obama for a list of everyone who's visited in secret, too. Also, I'm surprised Jay-Z and Johnny Depp aren't on this list. I thought they had each visited a few dozen times by now, but again, maybe that was off the books.

I wonder what the subject of all those 157 meetings were? That's more than twice as many meetings as with Obama's Secretary of State, Director of Health and Human Services (Obamacare), Attorney General, Director of Homeland Security...

"Doug, it's been a rough day. I appreciate you coming over again today. Nothing soothes my nerves better than talking tax increases..."
"Mr. President, some low level employees in Cincinnati had this neat idea to target your political enemies."
"What?! That would be ILLEGAL. Absolutely NOT. I'm disappointed in you, Dougie!"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
cabinet officials have to sign a guestbook every time they visit the president?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
cabinet officials have to sign a guestbook every time they visit the president?

Nope, but you can only use the information that the White House makes available.

The visitor logs do not give a complete picture of White House access. Some high-level officials get cleared for access and do not have to sign in during visits. A Washington Post database of visitor log records cautions, "The log may include some scheduled visits that did not take place and exclude visits by members of Congress, top officials and others who are not required to sign in at security gates."

The White House press office declined to comment on which visits by high-ranking officials do and do not get recorded in the visitor log, but it is probable that the vast majority of visits by major cabinet members do not end up in the public record.

Nevertheless, many visits by current and former cabinet members are in the logs, and the record depicts an IRS chief uniquely at home in the White House.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/05/irs_chief_visited_white_house_more_than_any_other_cabinet_member.html

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
Is the implication that Obama had 157 sit down meetings with this guy?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Is the implication that Obama had 157 sit down meetings with this guy?

All we know is he's on the visitor log 157 times, a lot more than anyone else, which seems strange for the IRS chief. But I would assume that most of these were basketball shoot arounds, not "sit down" meetings.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »
Dumbest talking point Fox News has created yet.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:dance:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 02:44:30 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/the-fake-story-about-the-irs-commissioner-and-the-white-house/276399/

Yeah but that is the MSM, and fox has said otherwise.

YOU WIN BEN JI AND I SURRENDER THE INTERNET

:white flag:

The Atlantic is the MSM?

Sorry, just donning my K S U Wildcats! debunking go to.
:dance:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/the-fake-story-about-the-irs-commissioner-and-the-white-house/276399/

The information presented in this story seem to validate the talking point, not "debunk" it.

Not sure what "the Atlantic" added the word fake to their headline.

The "fox news is fake" crowd are the dumbest rough ridin' kind of libtard, which is so severely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) I eat my mattress dumb.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »
Bump:  IRS Chief Counsel (Obama appointee) implicated by IRS senior official this week.

Libtard lie that IRS targeting was limited to some desk jockey in Cincinnati outed as complete bullshit.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd