Author Topic: Hilarious Things At Your Office  (Read 220939 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious Things At Your Office
« Reply #400 on: May 23, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
This really proper guy at my office that everyone hates because he has such an incredible vocabulary that it makes them assume he's patronizing him asked me if I use Twitter. I said yes. He mentioned that his son was soon to be the valedictorian of Rockhurst High and some classmates had made a fake twitter account using his son's name and picture. The account featured many tweets regarding hot mothers (he used "cougars" with a  :confused: tone  :lol: ) who he was going to seek out after his speech to make out with in the janitor's closet, etc. Some of them were about professors he regretted not pursuing while he was in school. Anyway, he asked me to locate the account and do my best to get it removed. As I read through the tweets it was so hard not to bust up laughing but couldn't since he was right there. He mentioned that his FBI friend was looking into it but hoped I could help.

why wouldn't you share this fake account and all the laughs?

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
This really proper guy at my office that everyone hates because he has such an incredible vocabulary that it makes them assume he's patronizing him asked me if I use Twitter. I said yes. He mentioned that his son was soon to be the valedictorian of Rockhurst High and some classmates had made a fake twitter account using his son's name and picture. The account featured many tweets regarding hot mothers (he used "cougars" with a  :confused: tone  :lol: ) who he was going to seek out after his speech to make out with in the janitor's closet, etc. Some of them were about professors he regretted not pursuing while he was in school. Anyway, he asked me to locate the account and do my best to get it removed. As I read through the tweets it was so hard not to bust up laughing but couldn't since he was right there. He mentioned that his FBI friend was looking into it but hoped I could help.

why wouldn't you share this fake account and all the laughs?

I didn't know this thread existed at the time and it has since been deleted. I'll try to find some old e-mails where I might've quoted the tweets.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
No, it does not look bad. You were laid off from your last job and took a step backwards. You don't want to look comfortable in taking a step backwards. You should be out their trying to get something better.

:curse:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
No, it does not look bad. You were laid off from your last job and took a step backwards. You don't want to look comfortable in taking a step backwards. You should be out their trying to get something better.

:curse:
Crap, I rarely screw that up. I must have been thinking about typing something different.
Please forgive me.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
so wacky is really just a telemarketer?   :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
so wacky is really just a telemarketer?   :D
:dubious: :shakesfist:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
We hired a temp in our accounting department. His first day was yesterday, and he wore a full suit. I told him that the dress code was pretty casual, so at lunch he ditched the tie. Today he's wearing a Hurley shirt, cargo shorts and sandals.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
We hired a temp in our accounting department. His first day was yesterday, and he wore a full suit. I told him that the dress code was pretty casual, so at lunch he ditched the tie. Today he's wearing a Hurley shirt, cargo shorts and sandals.
:lol:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
Granted, a lot of people are wearing shorts today because it's a shortened day before a long weekend, but most of them are trim chino shorts. Not baggy cargo shorts with strings at the bottom.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
the story was better before you told us everyone else was wearing shorts.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »
the story was better before you told us everyone else was wearing shorts.

Welp

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
engineer coworker dude is on hold with a vendor and their hold music is evanescence - bring me to life.

is he on hold with big 12 hq?  how does this happen?  i am absolutely fascinated by this

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2014, 10:15:01 AM »
If I had twitter his age I would have welcomed this prank with hopes that it would lead to some hot cougar action.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »
Guys the badge reader software thing crashed so now they're asking everyone in the office to reply with the number printed on their badge.  It's a really reply all fiasco. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 08, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »
Saw this today...

Then saw this email from the local prez...

I know there is lots of curiosity on what happened to the door

I would like to tell you all that Donna ****** got caught between the doors “AGAIN”, and this time she used the zucchini to free herself

But, nothing more than temperature change and glass with a flaw that caused the glass to burst, much like we see happen in the office once in a while

Have a great day, see you at the employee meeting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 08, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
Then at the employee meeting the phone used for speaker so people outside the office can call and listen, it was playing hold music because someone had called in and placed the call on hold...so then this email...

US Montly Meeting - PLEASE TAKE YOUR PHONES OFF HOLD

If you put your phone on hold, nobody on the call can hear.  Please take your phone off hold and mute yourself.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 08, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
Anyway, zucchinis are rough ridin' dangerous I tell ya.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 08, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
I'm trying to figure out the role of the zucchini

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 08, 2014, 12:36:26 PM »
was that a "donna is fat" joke?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 08, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
i thought this was the "hilarious" thing in your office thread  :confused:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 08, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
gonna have to call in dax on this one

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 08, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
summer break time guys. see you in the fall.  :buh-bye:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
not a funny story, but when I lived in Michigan, EVERYONE went on vacation for Spring Break. Somehow every school has the exact same spring break there and everyone like packs the minivan for florida or something. The office was a ghost town during spring break and it was great.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
not a funny story, but when I lived in Michigan, EVERYONE went on vacation for Spring Break. Somehow every school has the exact same spring break there and everyone like packs the minivan for florida or something. The office was a ghost town during spring break and it was great.

i've heard this exact same thing from other michigan friends. would be funny if you just went north for sb to your weird mackinac island thing

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »

i've heard this exact same thing from other michigan friends. would be funny if you just went north for sb to your weird mackinac island thing

I don't think it's open yet.

Another fun michigan fact: a family we know has a family "cabin" that is 17 miles from their regular house. And they go there to "get away from it all" like 2 weeks a year.