Author Topic: Super Stud Rex Hudler Master Thread!  (Read 14404 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Super Stud Rex Hudler Master Thread!
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
Rex has a lil stan in him.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
this week ive slowly been asking all my friends what they think of Rex. the ones who said they cant stand him will not be invited to my birthday party. and my birthday party is going to be off the chizzains.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »
I hate Ryan for being a FP and slanting the most petty and unimportant things to sound better for the Royals. Like when he reads the pitch speeds for both starting pitchers in the game, and the Royals guy is like 1 mph faster, his tone is like "ah HA! SO THERE!" and also one time when he was on with Frank White, late in the game the Royals were losing by a bunch, and the opposing pitcher got a borderline call as a strike, and Ryan is like "don't you think the umpire should sort of help out the team that is down late in a game?" and Frank is like "……………………… no Ryan I think the umpire should call the game consistently throughout, regardless of the score" I hate Ryan. I love Rex. Ryan hates Rex. Rex probably loves Ryan just like he does everyone else on earth. also there is a hateful person out there named Rex Ryan. crazy world we live in guys.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
I bet that somewhere in the world there is a Ryan Hudler who is a total stud. Probably not as awesome as Rex, though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »
ryan is great, he was being sarcastic

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:45 PM »
I have read like 3 posts in this thread, and probably will never open this thread again....but, Ryan is very good.  I really like him a lot.  Rex is a dork.  Some people like dorks, and some don't. If it's my call, we get rid of him.

Denny Mathews is what they will make me listen to if I have to go to hell.  I would listen to a 7th grader call games before I listened to Denny Matthews.   He sounds like he doesn't want to be there, and that the audience is below him.  I would like to fight Denny Matthews in a two-men-enter-one-man-leaves situation. Worst case scenario is that I do not live in a world with Denny Matthews calling Royals games.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 11:14:10 PM »
If I see Pete IRL I will not say hi

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »
ryan is great, he was being sarcastic

No he was not

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »
Denny Matthews is still around?   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
I hope somebody drops a nuke on TTHOTUC's birthday party so that we can get rid of all the Rex lovers at once.  Would be a much better world.  I mean hating Ryan and loving Rex I don't even...

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
#TeamLoveRex

#TeamHateRyan
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »
#TeamLoveRex

#TeamHateRyan

I second this.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
Hate is a strong word for Ryan tho. I get really annoyed when he tries to make excuses for how shitty they play sometimes.

Rex is a big goofball and I'd love to drink ginger ale with and discuss his time in Japan.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
Some really low RPBPIQ in here. I mean, Anyone who has listened to Ryan more than a couple of seasons should know he has a very dry sense of humor, and Denny's is drier still. Can't really blame those guys given the turd of a baseball team they've had to watch for so long.

Maybe it's just tougher for folks to recognize Ryan's sarcasm because he's with Rex Hudler, who wouldn't recognize sarcasm or subtlety if it jammed that baseball he's always holding down his throat. I'm not here to hate on Rex--he is what he is, and I still enjoy watching the games with him broadcasting--but I feel like some of the complaints about Ryan are in reality the result of him seeing what he can sneak past or get a reaction from his last two color commentators, neither of which was very good. Ryan and Split were fantastic.

I love Denny, but this team and time have worn on him, and his dryness isn't really ideal for a team that's (hopefully) on the rebound.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »
Denny's a lot funnier than Ryan. I think you guys are giving Ryan too much credit for his sarcasm. When he tries to be sarcastic he is really obvious, which is not funny. I just do not like Ryan's whiny persona. To me, Rex is enjoyable because you know the guy is the exact same way in every situation, in our out of baseball. Just full of enthusiasm and child-like wonder. He makes me smile. Ryan makes me roll my eyes and yell STFU at my TV.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
Denny's whole "let the game speak for itself" schtick works when the team is good (kinda).  So, he's had about 8 months combined where this has been workable in the last 30 years.

I don't give a eff about the Brewers, but I used to listen their broadcasts all the time in the summer when I was working on renovating a house, just because they were hilarious.  Euker (sp?) would make even the mundane seem interesting...then toss in some story about trout fishing in Lake Michigan on his big bait earlier that morning, or whatever.  A master.

Is it too much to want to be entertained???

I mean, the team has been dog crap for 30 years.  Let's ask the broadcasters to rough ridin' give people a reason to listen if the god damn team won't.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »
I bet Pete thinks the announcers from Major League are like the funniest guys.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »
Pete do you not find Rexisms entertaining?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

Pete do you not find Rexisms entertaining?

I find it painfully awkward to listen to him.  I cringe all the time and it makes me feel bad for him.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »

I bet Pete thinks the announcers from Major League are like the funniest guys.

When you were a tiny baby, your parents probably thought that movie was awesome, like almost all of America did at the time.  I did too.  I am old balls, bro.  I REMEMBER watching/listening to  this team win.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2014, 01:30:59 PM »
pete I swear to god keep this up and you can disregard the e-vite I sent about my birthday party. youre this close, bro. this close.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2014, 01:34:45 PM »
i think rex has a bunch of emaw in him, i can't explain why, but i just do.  sometimes people just strike you like that, you know?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »
Denny's a lot funnier than Ryan. I think you guys are giving Ryan too much credit for his sarcasm. When he tries to be sarcastic he is really obvious, which is not funny. I just do not like Ryan's whiny persona. To me, Rex is enjoyable because you know the guy is the exact same way in every situation, in our out of baseball. Just full of enthusiasm and child-like wonder. He makes me smile. Ryan makes me roll my eyes and yell STFU at my TV.

Can confirm.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
i think rex has a bunch of emaw in him, i can't explain why, but i just do.  sometimes people just strike you like that, you know?

Pretty sure his daughter goes to KU...

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »
Hate is a strong word for Ryan tho. I get really annoyed when he tries to make excuses for how shitty they play sometimes.

Rex is a big goofball and I'd love to drink ginger ale with and discuss his time in Japan.

Rex makes just as many excuses. That's what they're paid to do.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.