Author Topic: Hearing A Lot Of "Grumblings" From Squawks About Getting Rid Of Charlie  (Read 12442 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The guy is a super bowl winner with more football knowledge than the entire KU fanbase. Plus, he's only had one season. The guy needs a minimum of 7 years to fully turn this ship. Even if they don't win a lot this season the writing is on the wall. They were much more competitive and I see that trend continuing. He's getting the talent, he's instilling winning into the program and he's making huge headways on getting something done with the stadium (according to sources on KU boards). KU fans need to realize that you don't just start winning day one when taking over that dumpster fire Turner Gill left. There is an instilled attitude of loseryness amongst the Gill players that Charlie is going to have to work out of them.

7 years minimum.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Seven years seems a little high.  If Weis stays seven years, it's because he turned the program around and went to a few bowl games.  By that point, Weis would probably be ready to retire. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Mack Brown is an underachiever. Bobby Stoops is a crybaby. Mike Gundy is a punchline. The list goes on....

Charlie Weis is one of the few coaches who give this conference any shred of credibility. The 'Hawks HAVE to let him get his players in there before judging him. The man is an offensive GENIUS, but he stepped into a damn tough situation(Gill is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)). Five to seven more years of flashing his rings and getting some stud-ass recruits and he will make KU football more than respectable.

It's a heavy load, but Charlie has the shoulders to carry that program back from the depths.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Look at his recruiting. He knows he needs a Juco transfusion in the short term but also is able to land legit prep talent. Kids respond to the past achievements of this staff. We've seen what he can do when he has the talent (and let's be frank, New England has always been more system than talent). Personally, I think this is great for state of Kansas in terms of football profile. Say what you want about his Notre Dame years, but that's an impossible job and they won with his players last year. Weis is Mangino minus the personality issues plus an NFL pedigree.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    KU football fans will never truly believe they have a chance until LHCBS dies.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The lashing out in response to the Wiggins commitment has been top notch, guys.  Keep it up. 

:thumbsup:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i like weis, a lot.  i had heard a lot of negative things about him when he came to ku but he comes off as a really likable guy.
in interviews he seems up front and honest.  i don't know if he's a good coach or not, though his coach's show is great.  i loved watching it last fall.  he talks crap on everything when given the opportunity. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
I don't know steve dave, if Harbaugh is knocking down your door begging you to hire him, you tell Charlie to hit the road. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
The guy is a super bowl winner with more football knowledge than the entire KU fanbase. Plus, he's only had one season. The guy needs a minimum of 7 years to fully turn this ship. Even if they don't win a lot this season the writing is on the wall. They were much more competitive and I see that trend continuing. He's getting the talent, he's instilling winning into the program and he's making huge headways on getting something done with the stadium (according to sources on KU boards). KU fans need to realize that you don't just start winning day one when taking over that dumpster fire Turner Gill left. There is an instilled attitude of loseryness amongst the Gill players that Charlie is going to have to work out of them.

7 years minimum.
Yes, very true; that's why ole Charlie has the team practice at celebrating winning so they'll be ready when the time comes.  :crossfingers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Seven years seems a little high.  If Weis stays seven years, it's because he turned the program around and went to a few bowl games.  By that point, Weis would probably be ready to retire.
But, but, will he live that long?  :dunno:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

How old is Snyder?  73?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile

How old is Snyder?  73?
He's as healthy as a horse, but charlie is a horse.  :lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Weis turned Matt Cassel into a pro bowler. 'Nough said!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:29:22 PM by Wackycat08 »

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

:lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I said the same thing when Snyder came back. Then, after only 2 years of mediocrity, lightning struck in the form of Collin Klein. Weis just needs to find his Klein. Could it be Heaps? Stay tuned.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I said the same thing when Snyder came back. Then, after only 2 years of mediocrity, lightning struck in the form of Collin Klein. Weis just needs to find his Klein. Could it be Heaps? Stay tuned.

I've heard rumblings that Snyder might be ready to retire in 2-3 years. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I am hearing those same grumblings. It will be a sad day when it happens, but Sean has already been running things for the past 2 years, which have been highly successful. We just need him to keep recruiting studs like Bill has been doing and I think we will be just fine.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I could see KU not renewing charlies contract after the 5 years is up even after he turns it around hence ku will have let its best two coaches go

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
i love weis. i love him so much that i think he would make a fine part of LHOFHCBS's staff in LHOFHCBS final few seasons as coach of the wildcats.. Chaz as an OC (HCIW?!?) would be a "weis" idea. imHo.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU 2025

KU will be recognized nationally as a Top 50 football program

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I am hearing those same grumblings. It will be a sad day when it happens, but Sean has already been running things for the past 2 years, which have been highly successful. We just need him to keep recruiting studs like Bill has been doing and I think we will be just fine.

It's pretty obvious that the football program at KSU doesn't rebuild, it reloads.  10 win seasons are the expectation.  Tradition doesn't graduate (and go party in the NFL like most of our players).

I think what SD is missing is that Weiss is all about DISCIPLINE.  He demands it of himself, and the players in Lawrence are learning he will hold them to his high standards.  Is it tough?  Yeah, I bet it is after Gill let the inmates run the asylum (into the ground) but I know Weiss won't ask those players to do anything he won't do himself.  And they gotta respect that crap big time.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile

How old is Snyder?  73?
One in the same

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One in the same

Is it just me, or do both of those coaches actually look better after the hair swap?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile

How old is Snyder?  73?
One in the same

:lol:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's Chill Weiser and Buck Sneis.