Author Topic: Benghazi Hearing  (Read 27433 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Benghazi Hearing
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »
You realize  you guys are basically rewriting Big Love with some terrorists mixed in there, right?

Also, the episode about the magical undergarments should be the one where the guy gets stabbed by the homeless guy and you could make fun of how magical they are or something. 

Big Love was a stupid fantasy show focused entirely on fake mormons. Mormons are just an adorable sub-story here.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
You realize  you guys are basically rewriting Big Love with some terrorists mixed in there, right?

Also, the episode about the magical undergarments should be the one where the guy gets stabbed by the homeless guy and you could make fun of how magical they are or something. 

Big Love was a stupid fantasy show focused entirely on fake mormons. Mormons are just an adorable sub-story here.

This guy is no fantasy.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2013, 09:54:58 AM »
Back on topic, Bob Woodward compares Benghazi to Watergate on MSNBC. It's always the cover-up that gets you.

And more than 6 months later, still no explanation by Obama about the bullshit youtube video meme. Liberals: "Eh, so the administration lied, big whoop. Eh, so they used the IRS to suppress votes and free speech. Eh, so they tapped reporters' phones. He's our guy, and he favors gay marriage and higher taxes on successful people, and that's all that really matters."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
speaking of mormons - my unaware co-worker is mormon and her daughter is getting married soon.  apparently, us non-mormon people aren't allowed to go into their church thing.  (temple?)  so they have a reception at a different location where they do a ring swap. 

seems weird to be so secretive or whatevs. 

could be an episode.  like the main guy forgot his mormon card and they won't let him in, and his friends are saving him a seat and get really frustrated that people try and sit down and he isn't there.

Yeah, you have to have a "temple recommend" to actually go to the wedding. My wife couldn't go to either of her sisters' weddings. Part of receiving a recommend is having your finances analyzed to make sure you are tithing enough.

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/10141-tithing-there-standard-time-one-must-have-been-paying.html

would be a great episode, if there was a mormon temple in friggin cairo. (Of course, there is one in Nigeria and one in Rome which could make for a great trip in which the non-mormon's travel for the wedding only to find out they don't actually get to go into the wedding). (also all mormons get married while students at BYU)

traveling to rome only to not be allowed into the wedding would be a great episode.  so far, this show is better than some of the crap on tv right now.   :thumbsup:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »
I do have to LOL a little at the "well the military just isn't suited for, you know, just doing stuff at the drop of a hat" talking point in regards to Benghazi.

I mean really, a Trillion plus dollar a year military/intelligence/industrial complex and we don't have anybody on alert for these kinds of things in a place like the Middle East and North Africa?

Where were you in 2003 when we invaded Iraq?  Do you remember when 4th ID was delayed for months because Turkey refused to let us ship our equipment through their airspace, so we had to put that stuff on container ships and go the long way around?  Logistics isn't easy at that scale. 

And you don't just send in a small force without properly assessing the threat level.  The US military learned that lesson all too well in 1993 in Mogadishu.

What happens when the Chinese fire one of the "carrier killer" anti-shipping missiles at us?  Do we have to convene meetings at every level of the Navy, conduct 2 years of research and write 15,000 pages of White Papers before we can react?

No, because the Navy has been planning and training for that sort of scenario for years now.  Not to mention we have plenty of assets in place for just that sort of event.

The foreign media was all over the AQ presence in Benghazi for months prior to the Embassy attack . . . but then again, we probably didn't want that out there all that much considering we used our "usual suspect" AL-CIAda types to overthrow Gaddafi to begin with.

Go look at the timeline of events of when President Bush sent in troops to Liberia in 2003 to secure the US Embassy there.  That should give you an idea of our reaction capabilities in North Africa.  Former Defense Secretary Gates is right on this, as he should know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:04:57 PM by Super PurpleCat »

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »
So it turns out that Congressional GOP members/staffers lied to the press about what was in the Benghazi emails, interesting.  Still doesn't excuse the massive safety fuckup that happened at the embassy but is interesting.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
http://m.democracynow.org/stories/13745

I'm pretty sure the attack was a spontaneous demonstration over a video that got out of hand when a few hooligans with hand held rockets joined in. This info was directly from the administration. That book must be from infowars or something.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »
Benghazi frustrates butthurt Republicans to no end.  They have been hoping and praying for a scandal that would take down President McBlackenstein for a while now, but none of this weak crap is getting any public interest.  The IRS scandal turned out to be nothing as well.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
Benghazi frustrates butthurt Republicans to no end.  They have been hoping and praying for a scandal that would take down President McBlackenstein for a while now, but none of this weak crap is getting any public interest.  The IRS scandal turned out to be nothing as well.

and the NSA stuff is going away too. Barry has stripped us of all our freedoms and no one even gives a damn

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Ben is just one of those Obamabots who just doesn't care, as long as the President has a (D) next to his name people like Ben will be there to explain and apologize every step of the way.

It's a shame that the Ambassador had to get killed while the CIA was shipping Yugoslavian built arms sold to the Libyan Army to the Islamic "Freedom Fighters" in Syria.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2013, 12:55:30 PM »

Once again, thanks to Ben for the "Race" Variation of Godwin's law, albeit I'd have to check and see if Ben or anyone else dropped it earlier in the thread.   If not, major props for holding off for so long, but ultimately succumbing to the overriding urge.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
congrats to dax on finally finding someone to direct his "only when a (D) is prez" rant at.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2013, 02:07:07 PM »
Thanks KK . . . Ben will come along and say that's not the case.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »
The false outrage is especially hilarious.  Well done, 'Pad.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
Benghazi is pretty mumped up, not sure why people say it isn't.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2013, 09:32:57 PM »

because the people saying it was ended up rough ridin' up felix rex's travel (nontravel) plans, just like we said they would.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Benghazi Hearing
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »

because the people saying it was ended up rough ridin' up felix rex's travel (nontravel) plans, just like we said they would.

They are breaking up families.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:52 PM »
It's because the Barry apologists can't get over their delusion that he's an honest and caring beacon of freedom, even when there is ass loads of facts to the contrary. The Barry apologists don't want to admit they're wrong. I'm not sure what it will take at this point.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »

They are breaking up families.

FR, I don't want you or your wife to die. So I hope they protect you and stuff.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
Look at Egypt.  This administration was loving all over a guy who had/has the most radical/conservative Islamic sects out on the streets protesting his ouster and demanding his return.    While the secularists, Christians and others were out on the streets in Egypt demanding his ouster the administration decides they have no comment.

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »
Look at Egypt.  This administration was loving all over a guy who had/has the most radical/conservative Islamic sects out on the streets protesting his ouster and demanding his return.    While the secularists, Christians and others were out on the streets in Egypt demanding his ouster the administration decides they have no comment.

I don't see how the administration could see this as anything but a good thing.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
It's because the Barry apologists can't get over their delusion that he's an honest and caring beacon of freedom, even when there is ass loads of facts to the contrary. The Barry apologists don't want to admit they're wrong. I'm not sure what it will take at this point.

They are a pathetic herd of people, for sure.

I feel sorry for them until they get up in my face with their psycho bullshit. To that end, they are also an obnoxious herd of people.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »
Bump: just to laugh at all the libtards that believed believed the Obama administrations lie that this attack was prompted by a youtube video, and by implication, not the rioters fault.

:lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.