Author Topic: USA Today Athletic Department Finances  (Read 9871 times)

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
Re: USA Today Athletic Department Finances
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
Oh no guys.   According to Tigerboard K-State's revenues are all smoke and mirrors and even when they are shown the multiple accepted accounting rules that are applicable to K-State's AUDITED financial records they still try to say it's all smoke and mirrors.

Of course I've searched all over the place (because I'm weird that way) to find audited financial results for mu athletics and not just the sanitized reports they send to the DOE and the NCAA and I've yet to find one (meanwhile ku and K-State's has their AUDITED financial results publically available on their respective athletic department websites).

Then again, that is the same bunch that accepts every pro SEC article, even one's filled with nothing less than utter projective speculation as the absolute gospel truth, and any positive news for the Big 12 as nothing less then speculative conspiracy.

Not saying anything is going on about our audited financials. But always thought it was odd that a high profile university (any major one) would use a ma and pa local audit firm to audit their f/s. The same people signing off on our wonderful f/s are former graduates of Ksu and likely donors. They have a huge conflict of interest. Just saying it sounds odd. Would feel better if a national firm w no local ties was auditing that's all. Btw, according to their website 5 of 6 of their accountants are Ksu grads.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »
Oh no guys.   According to Tigerboard K-State's revenues are all smoke and mirrors and even when they are shown the multiple accepted accounting rules that are applicable to K-State's AUDITED financial records they still try to say it's all smoke and mirrors.

Of course I've searched all over the place (because I'm weird that way) to find audited financial results for mu athletics and not just the sanitized reports they send to the DOE and the NCAA and I've yet to find one (meanwhile ku and K-State's has their AUDITED financial results publically available on their respective athletic department websites).

Then again, that is the same bunch that accepts every pro SEC article, even one's filled with nothing less than utter projective speculation as the absolute gospel truth, and any positive news for the Big 12 as nothing less then speculative conspiracy.

Not saying anything is going on about our audited financials. But always thought it was odd that a high profile university (any major one) would use a ma and pa local audit firm to audit their f/s. The same people signing off on our wonderful f/s are former graduates of Ksu and likely donors. They have a huge conflict of interest. Just saying it sounds odd. Would feel better if a national firm w no local ties was auditing that's all. Btw, according to their website 5 of 6 of their accountants are Ksu grads.

KSU has a bomb accounting program. Not worried  :gocho:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »

There are few things I love more than when Dax drops the hammer on the financials.    :love:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »

I've thought the same thing, but I'd like to think that after the post Wefald era audit and I'm sure some dutiful instruction from the Regents to never let anything like that happen again . . . that the athletic department wouldn't be playing any games.   Lots of entities within the school itself and the state have a vested interest in the athletic departments books being exactly what they say they are, but given what we've seen in the past in this country and elsewhere, sometimes that doesn't mean a damn thing.

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »

I've thought the same thing, but I'd like to think that after the post Wefald era audit and I'm sure some dutiful instruction from the Regents to never let anything like that happen again . . . that the athletic department wouldn't be playing any games.   Lots of entities within the school itself and the state have a vested interest in the athletic departments books being exactly what they say they are, but given what we've seen in the past in this country and elsewhere, sometimes that doesn't mean a damn thing.

That's the exact reason something bad could happen.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »

we should fire those dorks for not having 100% KSU grads

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 12:45:28 PM »

sd4KSUAD

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Who do we use again?

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

The other one is a hawk  :angry:

http://www.sinkgordon.com/custom.php

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »

auditors themselves get audited, dorkstore

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
most of the elite accountants at international megafirms are emaw too of course

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 02:35:13 PM »
The Athletic Department isn't some sort of ridiculously large organization. Makes sense to have a small local firm doing the auditing. It's what a similarly sized company would use.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
I doubt there is anything shaddy or improper going on but they should not be using this firm for the audit.  Too many conflicts of interest and it's an inferior product/audit to what they could get elsewhere.  Grant Thornton did the post Wefald audit and a lot of people including Snyder got butt hurt by their findings.  Maybe that is why they went back to this small fry firm ran by people they know. 

I read the Grant Thornton report and everything in it was legit stuff that needed to be pointed out.  Snyder tried to make it sound like they were calling his chracter into question, but really they were just pointing out shoddy accounting/controls on transactions that involved him.  Obviously there was some actual shaddy stuff like the secret contract with Prince and the loans to Weiser, but most in that report was just boiled down to bad accounting.  Snyder commented like he deserved the benefit of the doubt, but giving someone the benefit of doubt based on their reputation and or your relationship with them is the exact opposite of what an audit is suppossed to be. 

Does anyone know if currie cleaned house on the accounting/finance side of the AD when he took over? 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:50:29 PM by kostakio »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »
I doubt there is anything shaddy or improper going on they they should not be using this firm for the audit.  Too many conflicts of interest and it's an inferior product/audit to what they could get elsewhere.  Grant Thornton did the post Wefald audit and a lot of people including Snyder got butt hurt by their findings.  Maybe that is why they want back to this small fry firm ran by people they know. 

I read the Grant Thornton report and everything in it was legit stuff that needed to be pointed out.  Snyder tried to make it sound like they were calling his chracter into question but really they were just pointing out shoddy accounting/controls on transactions that involved him.  Obviously there was some actual shaddy stuff like the secret contract with Prince and the loans to Weiser but most in that report was just boiled down to bad accounting.  Snyder commented like he deserved the benefit of the doubt or something but giving someone the benefit of doubt based on their reputation and or your relationship with them is the exact opposite of what an audit is suppossed to be. 

Does anyone know if currie cleaned house on the accounting/finance side of the AD when he took over?

With extreme prejudice as I recall.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
this smokey person outed as a butthurt dorkstore auditor  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
this smokey person outed as a butthurt dorkstore auditor  :lol:

smokey the bear?  more like smokey the pig, amirite?  :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2013, 03:45:07 PM »

auditors themselves get audited, dorkstore

Like I said I doubt anything odd is going it just seemed unusual. And just bec they "get audited" it doesn't mean that this particular job ever gets reviewed, dorkstore.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
mods please rename lilsmokey to smallshotauditordorkstorecat please, thanks

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
mods please rename lilsmokey to smallshotauditordorkstorecat please, thanks

:ohno:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
what a boring thread, not sure why anyone cares about ksu ad accounting or accounting in general
emaw

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »
eff yo math bitch!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »
man, hadn't ventured over to tigerboard in a while. just great stuff. i especially liked when a guy called Stoops "Stoops-id".

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
man, hadn't ventured over to tigerboard in a while. just great stuff. i especially liked when a guy called Stoops "Stoops-id".

Almost every thread is them comparing how great the SEC is compared to the Big 12. They're so insecure.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
I feel like I'm missing out on some good stuff there but I cannot stand to read through it.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »

Not attacking you - you clearly said that you weren't suggesting any foul play.

My stance on this that it's totally like K-State to support a local CPA firm. An audit job like this is a huge deal and significant business for a small CPA firm. The firm's CPAs would lose their licenses and probably serve jail time if they cooked our books.

Mizzou is just going on a witch hunt since they're board being pud losers at everything.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.