Author Topic: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)  (Read 47378 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
Collins is wrong in his choice.

This viewpoint is as valid as any other, more so than most.
:dubious:

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »

bigot outed

I'm not a bigot, by definition.

I also have something to anchor by belief to. You?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »
It's pretty annoying how it is now a race for sportswriters to come out and proclaim how open and progressive they are. Especially if (GOD FORBID!!!) there is another one with a different opinion. It's very disingenuous.

use of "GOD FORBID" is kinda ironic. pretty bad post overall.

I'm just sick of people like Doyel posting about how much more pissed off about Penn State they are than you, how much more accepting of homosexuals they are than you etc. The high horse that sports writers get on when sports and social issues combine is comical.

Weird thing to get bent about. So you hate when people who are paid go give opinions actually give opinions?

It's not that. He acts like he is some champion of gay rights for the sole purpose of bringing praise to himself.  His take was nothing revolutionary. It's a stance that many people, myself included, hold.  But when he goes around flaunting it like this tweet, it's like, get the eff over yourself.

Gregg Doyel ?@GreggDoyelCBS 2h
Someone show Chris Broussard my story on Jason Collins. Learn him a thing or two on decency http://cbsprt.co/ZRSlnW

Note: I didn't watch OTL or hear what Broussard said. I just remember him writing a story about John Amaechi where he stated that while he didn't support it, it was important to treat everyone with respect.  Maybe Broussard deserved it. I don't know.

:sdeek: that's Doyel though, its pretty easy to not be exposed to his grandstanding and it is not indicative of "the media'

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »

bigot outed

My God loves gays the same way he loves the judgmental looking down their noses from their ivory towers at people who lead different lifestyles or make different choices. You'll feel better about yourself when you start taking people for who they are, all of them. My day was made brighter by this, sorry it had a negative effect on you.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »

bigot outed

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
Yeah saying someone's life is a 'choice' makes you intolerant.  If by choice you mean his decision to come out, that makes you intolerant because no person should have to live in the closet because of their humanity. 

I would love to know what you anchor your belief in, because I have a feeling its about to get biblical in here, which won't end well for you.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 08:06:09 PM »
My God loves gays the same way he loves the judgmental looking down their noses from their ivory towers at people who lead different lifestyles or make different choices. You'll feel better about yourself when you start taking people for who they are, all of them. My day was made brighter by this, sorry it had a negative effect on you.

THE God disagrees with your god.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 08:06:51 PM »
I would love to know what you anchor your belief in, because I have a feeling its about to get biblical in here, which won't end well for you.

I would love for you to educate me on the Bible.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
First Openly Gay Athlete (in a major sport)
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 08:07:29 PM »
PW, did god choose to make certain individuals gay to test them more thoroughly than the people he saw fit to make hetero?

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »
In the world you believe you live in, no opinion, thought, belief, etc. can be invalidated.

Grasp this first, then realize we have no argument.

Then let's talk reality.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 08:14:36 PM »
PW, did god choose to make certain individuals gay to test them more thoroughly than the people he saw fit to make hetero?

Homosexuality is a simple temptation. (God doesn't tempt, he tells us this.)

The same as an unmarried man's choice to have sex with an unmarried woman. The same as a man's choice to have sex with a child.

He can resist, with Help.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »

yeah, so back to you being an intolerant bigot
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »

separate from the conversation, this is a pretty great post from PW.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »

quite being a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »

quite being a rough ridin' respect

:jerk:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »

If you weren't tacitly supporting bigotry with that attempted call out, I wouldn't have a problem. 

The issue is that many of the piece of scripture used to support the hate agenda are left unqualified in the bible.  The abomination word actually relates to a biblical felony.  Left unqualified it could be read on the same level as murder or eating shellfish. 

I really hope Poet has never gotten a hummer from a girl, or watch out, he could be getting a lightning bolt up the ass soon.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »

If you weren't tacitly supporting bigotry with that attempted call out, I wouldn't have a problem. 

:rolleyes:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »
Great response bigot supporter. 

"Zomg, even though I know your post is about hate, you totally burned him with an unqualified statement of bigotry.  Oh man you totally got him." said 7

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Great response bigot supporter. 

"Zomg, even though I know your post is about hate, you totally burned him with an unqualified statement of bigotry.  Oh man you totally got him." said 7

:eek:

:lol:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
Bubbles and I see pretty much eye to eye on this one.

... eff  :sdeek:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »
Bubbles and I see pretty much eye to eye on this one.

... eff  :sdeek:

either one of us is lying or we've stumbled upon a universal truth.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
hey guys, remember when ednksu had matured and overcome his anger problems and quit being an ignorant bad person on the board...?

yeah - me neither..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36:20 PM »
Homosexuality is a simple temptation. (God doesn't tempt, he tells us this.)

The same as an unmarried man's choice to have sex with an unmarried woman. The same as a man's choice to have sex with a child.

He can resist, with Help.

I mean seriously....gays on the same level as pedophelia?  No way should you ever consider this kind of crap as being a good post or part of a good response.  Why don't you tell me about all the good things Hitler did too while you're at it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:25 PM »

Oh you're one of THOSE people, like the Klan who use scripture as justification for burning crosses in yards of unsuspecting niggers, spics, and jews.  Got it.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
hey guys, remember when ednksu had matured and overcome his anger problems and quit being an ignorant bad person on the board...?

yeah - me neither..
there is a difference between being stupidly (on my part) angry and unfairly blaming a student athlete/young man for actions and saying that a gay person is on the same level as a pedophile and using an archaic, unqualified, translation of the bible to espouse hate and intolerance.  Hating someone because of their basic humanity should be shouted down from all directions at all times.  That isn't unjustified anger, that is righteous condemnation.   

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »
I wasn't aware of ednksu until now. He/She is funny.