Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221372 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
Oh, and Angel is not now, and will likely never equal Jake or Denny IMO.

Really?

Look, I get your points about the situation, but Angel is comparable to Denis as a senior and Pullen as a SO. He didn't score quite as efficiently as either, but in every other important guard statistic he is equal or better. He was on pace to realistically be compared with Steve Henson for his tenure at K-State.

Look _fan, you can roll out all the statistics you want, and get all butthurt about my comments, buy my opinion remains, he's not the baller that Jake or Denny were.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
How can it not be about Angel if the financial thing is true.  I mean, either he, his fam, or his handler(shakey?) have asked for money and he is either transferring for it or going pro for it.  If Angel isn't the one in need, that doesn't matter.  He seems to be willing to leave to get it regardless of who it is for, if this is indeed what is meant by the financial comment.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »
Did Angel just get accused of looking for a school to pay him?

Not by me. It's not about Angel.

so his family wants to get paid and Angel doesn't? It sounds a lot like you're accusing someone in Angel's circle of wanting to cheat.

Cheat is a strong word, not what I would use

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
Dad hated Denis so hard when Denis played

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »

so his family wants to get paid and Angel doesn't? It sounds a lot like you're accusing someone in Angel's circle of wanting to cheat.

Then we(KSU) should (cheat some other word CC would use) to satisfy Angel's fam and keep him here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
Dad hated Denis so hard when Denis played

Did your dad yell at the TV a lot when Dennis played?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »

Then we(KSU) should (cheat some other word CC would use) to satisfy Angel's fam and keep him here.

Difficult to physically move KSU campus to Florida...

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

This discussion seems to be bouncing around a lot.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
If that was the intent then not sure why the school sent out a press release yesterday before the semester ended and before any leaks had hit the media.

"before any leaks had hit the media" is factually incorrect. thanks for answering questions when possible even though some of our posters are dipshits.

@mikec2w

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
Is cheat the right word for the jamar situation?

If his family is still in PR, how many games (realistically) are they going to see him play in person? Schedule a series in Miami like we did with jake, tay and rod, and get on with it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
Look _fan, you can roll out all the statistics you want, and get all butthurt about my comments, buy my opinion remains, he's not the baller that Jake or Denny were.

Fair enough, just sharing my own opinion, and not really all the butthurt. I just thought your "slightly above average" remark was a little much.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
skin toughness, some people never get sunburned.  how can they do it? 

noise toughness, i hate loud noises so i lack noise toughness, but let's talk about the guy who loves rock concerts at night and working construction during the day with a jackhammer. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

Fair enough, just sharing my own opinion, and not really all the butthurt. I just thought your "slightly above average" remark was a little much.

OH MY GOD LOOK HOW BUTTHURT KSU_FAN IS!

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
I'll be happy as crap if we make the tournament but there is no way I will give him a sliver of credit for coaching up this situation he created.

Thanks MIR.  That was exactly my point.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »

:thumbsup:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2013, 11:03:25 AM »

Here's the thing. You originally implied that it was financial motives. How many times would he realistically be able to travel from KSU to Florida/PR during the school year, even with an unlimited budget? If it's to be closer to family, that's entirely different from needing more money.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »
Friction toughness is one.

Startle toughness is one I don't have.  I always yell really loudly when I've been startled.  I have to for some reason.  Once I was shaving and my dog slowly nudged the bathroom door open as it wasn't securely latched and the door handle of the door gently pushed into my butt crack and I turned around and screamed to high hell right in my dog's face.  I knew once I had turned around that it wasn't some brazen intruder who had broken in and groped my backdoor (my initial fear), but I still had to yell right at him.  I couldn't stop it.  Involuntary. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »

Truth

There's Plaza Toughness and East of Troost Toughness.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
If we had like a bunch of guards who were also "slightly above average" it probably wouldn't sting so much. Unfortunately, our perimeter players are probably going to rank "decidedly less than average" on the scale dax has brought to us.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »

Really?

Look, I get your points about the situation, but Angel is comparable to Denis as a senior and Pullen as a SO. He didn't score quite as efficiently as either, but in every other important guard statistic he is equal or better. He was on pace to realistically be compared with Steve Henson for his tenure at K-State.

:lol:

LOOK _FAN, YOU CAN ROLL OUT ALL THE STATISTICS YOU WANT

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2013, 11:09:55 AM »

Really?

:lol:

LOOK _FAN, YOU CAN ROLL OUT ALL THE STATISTICS YOU WANT

You're on hour 87 of your Angel Rage Kougs, come on man.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »

Here's the thing. You originally implied that it was financial motives. How many times would he realistically be able to travel from KSU to Florida/PR during the school year, even with an unlimited budget? If it's to be closer to family, that's entirely different from needing more money.

Angel wants to be closer to his family, always has. Been an issue with him since he enrolled. There are some things that K-State will never be able to offer that other places can in terms of location. Whatever you want K-State to do for Angel, it won't change that fact. But other people will benefit from having Angel closer to home.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »
"Miami will slip money to Angel's family if he transfers to play for them."
- captaincrap

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
So, Angel gets his proximity toughness issues resolved and whoever is coordinating this gets paid for their troubs by whoever ends up with Angel.

Win/Win for all involved other than us.

catzacker

« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »

Really?

He's the baller jake was at the same point in their careers from a production stand point.  Who Jake ended up being was not who he was as a soph.