Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 218975 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1525 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
 :cheers: to the clerics

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 27, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
@schadjoe  1m
Kansas State announces Leticia Romero has been granted a release to transfer. "We wish Leticia all the best," AD John Currie said.

/thread   :buh-bye:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 27, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
WELL THAT WAS EASY

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 27, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »

dat sig line. #titletown
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
just a simple misunderstanding is all :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: May 27, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »
It wasn't a simple misunderstanding.   It was made needlessly complex by an outdated policy.

What is still amazing to me is, that some people still don't appear to grasp that Romero was ultimately denied by a committee which appears to be led by Pat Bosco.

So the question that remains unanswered, why did the committee which is apparently lead by Pat Bosco, deny the original request?  (those that subscribe to the absurd theory that Pat Bosco is just a John Currie puppet boy need not respond)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 27, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »
dax continues to kick the crap out of a shadow of a strawman.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 27, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »
Currie doing everything he can to save his own face.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 27, 2014, 12:06:16 PM »
So, what does everybody think of the amendment to the appeals process? Did it go far enough to ensure justice for the student athlete? Seems like we could still eff over our student athletes if the AD wanted to  :dunno:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
Regardless of what "side" you were were during this ordeal, we can undoubtedly ALL agree that the KSU Athletic Department looks giant a bunch of enormously incompetent assholes as a result.  There are no winners, except for the player who does indeed get her full release, and that coach who left who will probably land Leti now.  Go Cats!

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 27, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »
Just saw the OTL piece. I honestly don't believe that Deb and the former staff had no contact with Romero after they were fired. There's no way this whole thing happened and there was no contact between the two parties or something.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 27, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Can we stop discussing this? If you want to get to the bottom of this, just know that the bottom of this looks just like the top of this. We look stupid as hell from either vantage point.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 27, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »
It wasn't a simple misunderstanding.   It was made needlessly complex by an outdated policy.

What is still amazing to me is, that some people still don't appear to grasp that Romero was ultimately denied by a committee which appears to be led by Pat Bosco.

So the question that remains unanswered, why did the committee which is apparently lead by Pat Bosco, deny the original request?  (those that subscribe to the absurd theory that Pat Bosco is just a John Currie puppet boy need not respond)

She was denied by John Currie and than lost an appeal to the committee.  If she hadn't been denied by Currie it never would have gone to the committee.  I don't have an opinion of Pat Bosco one way or another but I think by the time it gets to that committee your chances of getting what you want are pretty slim.  You're going to have to show some special hardship or something along those lines that would compel them to overturn the AD's decision.  As crappy as the rule is IMO it's still within the power of the AD to deny a release.  Leti wasn't going back home to be with a sick family or anything like that. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 27, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »
 :Woot:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 27, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »
It's a Currie problem and the stupid "We fixed the problem, it was an issue of rules that needed changing" is a bullshit Currie solution to try to save face.  I don't know why the committee should be any more or less responsible on this than Currie. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 27, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
glad to see gE.com helping to shape university policy for the betterment of all student athletes.  I'm proud of everyone in this thread.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 27, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »
Regardless of what "side" you were were during this ordeal, we can undoubtedly ALL agree that the KSU Athletic Department looks giant a bunch of enormously incompetent assholes as a result.  There are no winners, except for the player who does indeed get her full release, and that coach who left who will probably land Leti now.  Go Cats!

i don't know.  i mean, it feels pretty good to know that currie at least felt the need to save face.  this is as close to an apology as we're ever going to see from the guy and it's infinitely more than wildcat great jamar samuels ever got.

the wildcat world got a little bit better today.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 27, 2014, 12:53:44 PM »
KSU, where we let things play out a bit longer before backtracking.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 27, 2014, 12:56:30 PM »
im glad this all went down on a random tuesday after ventura got hurt or else the radio would be very gross today

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 27, 2014, 12:58:56 PM »
Angel and Leti: Heroes

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: May 27, 2014, 01:01:11 PM »

She was denied by John Currie and than lost an appeal to the committee.  If she hadn't been denied by Currie it never would have gone to the committee.  I don't have an opinion of Pat Bosco one way or another but I think by the time it gets to that committee your chances of getting what you want are pretty slim.  You're going to have to show some special hardship or something along those lines that would compel them to overturn the AD's decision.  As crappy as the rule is IMO it's still within the power of the AD to deny a release.  Leti wasn't going back home to be with a sick family or anything like that.

It is not unreasonable (well, unless you're an agendite that is) to think that Currie believed that there was tampering going on.   I know the agendites think that transfers should be granted no matter what, which is dumb, but that's another story. 

It's also extremely easy to claim that you weren't part of a package deal or anything like that after you realize that you're not going to get a transfer unless you make those claims.

We're just taking everyone's word for it at this juncture.   Thankfully the release was granted, and we can get back to talking about sports that actually produce the revenue that make women's basketball possible.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 27, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
WHAT THE eff DOES AGENDITE MEAN

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 27, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
WHAT THE eff DOES AGENDITE MEAN

Figure it out cRusty.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 27, 2014, 01:19:46 PM »
Dax needs a political talk show. He's already got the format down. Split people into groups, yell louder, profit.

(I'm a fan of your posts BTW dax)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 27, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Krusty is funnier with a big K and little r.