Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 222809 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1300 on: May 22, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
I'm trying to care about this story. I just can't. I want to, though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1303 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »
Hence the need for clarification.  The mods here are just awful awful.

Someone thought Leticia would have a successful legal claim against the university,  I've yet to see anyone articulate why

You posted your stupid question while I was typing my post about how all Leticia needs to do is file a new transfer request that would be decided on by John Currie and John Currie only.  I got the little pop-up that you'd posted, read it, lol'd, and went ahead with posting what I'd typed. 

You can keep asking your dumb question, and maybe other people will talk to you about it and maybe they won't.

So, nobody ever implied Leti could sue kstate?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 22, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: May 22, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
so here's the timeline in my head and I haven't followed a lot of this as much as some so I could be off on the order of events:

-john fires coaches
-freaks out that they may be recruiting current players to leave with them. is a paranoid freak.
-blocks transfer

I don't think #2 is correct.  I think he just wanted to try to get the best player to play at least a year for the new coach.

it worked with angel so why not roll the dice a second time. "request a release and we'll block it. play one year and you can do whatever you want."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 22, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
One that enures benefit to Leticia.

:D

This is like wacky and his spelling

Wut?
enures. He thought you meant insures. I am pretty sure you knew what he meant, but maybe not.  :dunno:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 22, 2014, 10:38:26 AM »

Wut?
enures. He thought you meant insures. I am pretty sure you knew what he meant, but maybe not.  :dunno:

Inure/enure probably too archaic for this blog.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
so here's the timeline in my head and I haven't followed a lot of this as much as some so I could be off on the order of events:

-john fires coaches
-freaks out that they may be recruiting current players to leave with them. is a paranoid freak.
-blocks transfer

I don't think #2 is correct.  I think he just wanted to try to get the best player to play at least a year for the new coach.

it worked with angel so why not roll the dice a second time. "request a release and we'll block it. play one year and you can do whatever you want."
I guess that could be true about Angel but he had the option to go live with Shaky in Miami and redshirt at a JC like Dade but I don't know if the KSU not releasing him could keep him from getting a scholarship from the JC.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 22, 2014, 10:53:36 AM »

-john fires coaches
-blocks transfer

I guess that could be true about Angel but he had the option to go live with Shaky in Miami and redshirt at a JC like Dade but I don't know if the KSU not releasing him could keep him from getting a scholarship from the JC.

a juco was going to give a scholarship to a guy that was going to redshirt for a year and then leave?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 22, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 22, 2014, 10:56:46 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 22, 2014, 10:57:49 AM »

-john fires coaches
-blocks transfer

a juco was going to give a scholarship to a guy that was going to redshirt for a year and then leave?

Just having Angel on campus is worth something.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 22, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

Wut?

:facepalm:
I didn't make the connection. To your credit, I was kind of surprised that you didn't know what enures meant.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »

Sometimes (like David Hoskins).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 22, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »

Wut?

:facepalm:
I didn't make the connection. To your credit, I was kind of surprised that you didn't know what enures meant.

He should have said "enures to the benefit of" but I knew what he was trying to say.  doesn't make it a "legal claim" tho.

Leti got a lawyer because the school wasn't listening to her, was jumping to conclusions and otherwise strong arming a 19 year old.  they were rushing processes and probably not following their own guidelines.  It became a cause celeb and some sports lawyer from AL offered a free ride.  Or this is what I imagine it to be.  The only legal recourse she might have is some type of injunctive relief.  She won't be suing KSU for damages, though she should even if she has no real case as they throw money at lawsuits like sd at soaking tubs.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 22, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Once again, the mods have made themselves look like complete fools.

If nobody is saying she should/could sue kstate, then that's my mistake. I thought it came up.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:23 AM »

If nobody is saying she should/could sue kstate, then that's my mistake. I thought it came up.

it would enure to your benefit to avoid discussing things that are well over your head

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 22, 2014, 11:18:27 AM »

Sometimes (like David Hoskins).
I believe Cloud CC allowed Omari and Freddy to be on scholarship w/o playing.  Obviously, the JC coach is expecting some favors back, like steering quality non qualifiers to them and Shakey is the kind of guy that can make a reshirt at a South Florida JC happen if Angel had wanted it. 

I really think Angel stayed for the seniors as much as anything.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: May 22, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »

Someone thought Leticia would have a successful legal claim against the university,  I've yet to see anyone articulate why

You posted your stupid question while I was typing my post about how all Leticia needs to do is file a new transfer request that would be decided on by John Currie and John Currie only.  I got the little pop-up that you'd posted, read it, lol'd, and went ahead with posting what I'd typed. 

You can keep asking your dumb question, and maybe other people will talk to you about it and maybe they won't.

Yeah, her attorney did, but I'm not one of the people who's going to talk about it with you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 22, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »

-john fires coaches
-blocks transfer

Yep.  About time this thread got back on track.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »

it would enure to your benefit to avoid discussing things that are well over your head

Grammar ain't your thing, fool.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 22, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »

Yeah, her attorney did, but I'm not one of the people who's going to talk about it with you.

Thanks for answering my "stupid" question, jerkoff.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 22, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
Kansas State has asked The Mercury to take down a photo of a confidential letter concerning Leticia Romero from its website.

University attorney Pete Paukstelis on Thursday asked for the removal and destruction of the photo it obtained Wednesday showing a confidential communication from KSU athletic director John Currie to appeals committee leader and vice president of student life Pat Bosco.

In the letter, Currie asked Bosco to reconsider Romero’s denial for a release and for the committee to reconvene.

Paukstelis also requested the photo be removed from this reporter’s Twitter account, writing that K-State believes “this letter is a confidential student record subject to protection under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.”

The request went on to say, “We believe that this letter was obtained through criminal means, and have reported the incident to KSU Police.”

After consulting with The Mercury’s legal counsel, however, the newspaper decided not to remove the photo from its website, nor from the Twitter account, as the photo was obtained legally from Romero’s attorney, Donald Jackson of the Sports Group in Montgomery, Ala.

hmmm.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles