Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221373 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1125 on: May 20, 2014, 07:55:16 PM »
you know this crap goes two ways, right?  the AD didn't just decide on a whim to block her release.  she's put herself in this position. 
no one outside of the AD agrees that the AD is correct in their actions but for her to continue to throw our university under the bus in the media while not accepting any responsibility is garbage.  i give zero shits what happens to her at this point.

:lol:  stone the whore.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:32 PM »
the fact that the administration bumbled this from the outset is not in question.  and neither is her bullshit.

That take conveniently fits well with what your agenda has been from the start. Surprising that you would choose to make character judgments when none of us know the details of this story. I'm interested as to why you feel the need to have such strong opinions of her character. I haven't seen too many people advocating for Leti calling Currie and Schulz liars.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 20, 2014, 09:51:39 PM »
I remember reading several days ago that she was uncomfortable at KSU because her "support group" (former staff) was gone. Yet, she gives KSU a list of almost 100 schools she'd like to contact?? Must be a lot of support groups out there she's possibly comfortable with.   :dunno:

How many of those other 100 schools fired the people who brought her halfway across the country? She can make new connections at those 100 schools, none of them employ John Currie or Jeff Mittie, it really isn't hard to understand if you want to :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »
the fact that the administration bumbled this from the outset is not in question.  and neither is her bullshit.

That take conveniently fits well with what your agenda has been from the start. Surprising that you would choose to make character judgments when none of us know the details of this story. I'm interested as to why you feel the need to have such strong opinions of her character. I haven't seen too many people advocating for Leti calling Currie and Schulz liars.

chill out, i have no agenda.  and for you to bring up the fact that i'm making judgements without knowing the details is hypocritical beyond belief.
there is no logical reason for currie and schulz to do what they did without reason, is there?  do you think they enjoy our university taking the PR hit it has?  you think they did this because they were bored?  no.  they have nothing to gain here and a lot to lose, but in their mind they're doing what's right.  i don't agree with them but can understand their position.  leti? she has everything to gain by lying and playing the village idiot.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 20, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
"We don't have the same rights as the coaches," Romero said in an interview Monday. "It's not fair.""We don't have the same rights as the coaches," Romero said in an interview Monday. "It's not fair."

How could anyone disagree with this? This sentence should be the focus of this issue, everything else is white noise.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 20, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »
How good does Angel look in all this for how he handled the same situation?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 20, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »

chill out, i have no agenda.  and for you to bring up the fact that i'm making judgements without knowing the details is hypocritical beyond belief.
there is no logical reason for currie and schulz to do what they did without reason, is there?  do you think they enjoy our university taking the PR hit it has?  you think they did this because they were bored?  no.  they have nothing to gain here and a lot to lose, but in their mind they're doing what's right.  i don't agree with them but can understand their position.  leti? she has everything to gain by lying and playing the village idiot.

Chill out? Is making an observation and asking you a question considered wild behavior now?

How is what I posted "hypocritical beyond belief?" Have I called Currie or Schulz liars? I have no idea what their motivation is nor do I care, my focus has been on Leti and on the embarrassment to our school. If I have called either of those guys liars, I'll gladly apologize but I'm pretty sure I haven't. I'm also unclear how she has everything to gain by playing the village idiot, it's clear that these guys have dug their heels in and they are going to do whatever they want despite public sentiment, this has been going on for almost 2 months.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 20, 2014, 10:33:24 PM »
what's my agenda, MiR?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 20, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
hypocritical = making any type of judgment about the situation without knowing the facts

do you really believe that leti is being forthright when she claims that she doesn't know why they won't release her? 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 20, 2014, 10:40:16 PM »
People are all pro Leti because they think she's being held down by the Man.  Well, here's the real deal, man.  Leti is the Man, too.  She's rough ridin' privileged as hell.  eff her.  Oh, what?  You can't both go to school for free and go wherever you want, whenever you want? Well, you better rough ridin' make a big public stink about it and portray youself as a victim. It will be easy because many already have an axe to grind with the NCAA and they'll be eager to take your side. Go ahead, Leti. You don't have enough going for you already. Take it all, you gluttonous pig.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:57 PM »
Have to agree with 'clams. There must be much more to this situation than we know--why else would KSU remain steadfast in the face of what some people consider ruinous national media criticism? The Animal and Currie are not stupid.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 20, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »
the argument that romero is the villain because she's trying to make a choice that benefits her and damages no one while the kstate admin are victims because their decision not to allow romero to exercise free will damages everyone involved is a very strong one.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 20, 2014, 11:28:30 PM »
what's my agenda, MiR?
:dunno: why do you seem so unhinged, we're just talking here bub

do you really believe that leti is being forthright when she claims that she doesn't know why they won't release her? 

I don't know or care, why should I? I have no idea what John Currie, Jeff Mittie, or Kirk Schulz have told her, it isn't likely that they haven't told her, but it certainly the impossibility that you seem so absolutely sure that it is, either way it doesn't have anything to do with her actually getting the release, which after all is the point of all of this.

I haven't posted anything that would insinuate that I give two shits about why she wants to transfer or why they won't let her. For like the billionth time the rights of the student athlete should be what the story is, the two quotes she has given to the media aren't relevant to me. Unless Leti is taking summer classes she is currently not under a scholarship agreement from Kansas State but they can dictate where she chooses to go, I'm unclear as to why anyone could consider this unfair.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:27 PM »
People are all pro Leti because they think she's being held down by the Man.  Well, here's the real deal, man.  Leti is the Man, too.  She's rough ridin' privileged as hell.  eff her.  Oh, what?  You can't both go to school for free and go wherever you want, whenever you want? Well, you better rough ridin' make a big public stink about it and portray youself as a victim. It will be easy because many already have an axe to grind with the NCAA and they'll be eager to take your side. Go ahead, Leti. You don't have enough going for you already. Take it all, you gluttonous pig.

These work better when they are less frequent and obvious.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 21, 2014, 06:50:03 AM »
This isn't a black and white issue, MIR.  It's multilayered.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 21, 2014, 07:08:39 AM »
I certainly don't think Leti is a villain, all I'm saying is that I don't believe she has no idea why she has not been allowed to transfer. And certainly Currie continues to look dumb for whatever reason he is taking this stance.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:09 AM »
guys, I want K-State to win this. like, we are sitting on something that will make this person look like complete trash and K-State will be heros and everyone will have to apologize and say we are studs. I want us to somehow be the good guy (in the public eye). is there a scenario where this is possible?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 21, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »
I certainly don't think Leti is a villain, all I'm saying is that I don't believe she has no idea why she has not been allowed to transfer. And certainly Currie continues to look dumb for whatever reason he is taking this stance.

i don't think she's a villain either, only that she shares responsibility in this and yet fails to accept any while continuing to allow the perception to grow in the media that she's just an innocent victim of an unscrupulous athletic department.  in doing so, she's harming our university.  so eff her.  this is not how you define leverage.  i do not care about her, i care about kansas state. 

special note for the slower members of our board- by saying this i'm not absolving our AD of their role in this, just pointing out that both parties had a hand at the table.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 21, 2014, 07:49:29 AM »
On Monday, Romero's attorney, Donald Jackson, contacted Kansas State president Kirk Schulz and urged him to reconsider the decision, writing that she wouldn't "accept anything less than a full release…that will allow her to transfer to the school of her choice."

2 things: Why won't she ask for a release to everywhere but UNC, and why doesn't the AD counter with possible conditions for a release?

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 21, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »
Couple of notes:

1/ Of coarse her attorney is going to ask for a full release.  Who wouldn't.  Doesn't mean he will get one.

2/ How the eff does a college student afford an attorney?  Luckily, I never got busted for stupid stuff while in college and never had to even think about one, but I could barely afford enough for beer money, let alone an attorney......I did always make sure I had $2 left in my wallet after Aggieville for the Burger King 2 am special:  2 burgers, 2 fries, for 2 bucks!! :Woot:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:33 AM »
She's not an average college student.  She's the Man.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 21, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
2/ How the eff does a college student afford an attorney? 

there was a long thread of idiots pondering this on gpc yesterday. really baffling stuff.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 21, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
guys, I want K-State to win this. like, we are sitting on something that will make this person look like complete trash and K-State will be heros and everyone will have to apologize and say we are studs. I want us to somehow be the good guy (in the public eye). is there a scenario where this is possible?

no  :curse:

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 21, 2014, 10:20:34 AM »

there was a long thread of idiots pondering this on gpc yesterday. really baffling stuff.

She can when she sues the crap out of KSU and wins...   :kstategrad: :kstategrad:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 21, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »

post the thread? or i could just guess...

jokes on pro bono and boning?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.