Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 221364 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #1025 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 07, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »
When did Dax become such a conformist lemming for the K-State athletic department?  From "disassociated" to "knee jerk apologist."  Sad, really.

he's not apologizing for the AD.  he, unlike many here, refuse to buy the party line that K-State is in the wrong.  you know, that is one of the boxes available to be checked.

Not releasing an athlete when the coach they were recruited by gets fired is flat-out wrong.  Dax is riding the same train as Fitz and the rest of the K-State herd who buy Currie's excuses hook, line, and sinker.

the thing is, that's your opinion. dax has his.  maybe he just doesn't want to assume judgement without knowledge of the situation, there's nothing particularly wrong with that. the idea that the AD isn't 100% wrong based on anyone here's limited knowledge is no worse than the condemnation on display in this thread.  #highfive

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 07, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
The yin to the raging goSHEEPmaw yang.  The only --- or only one of a handful --- to raise above the vise grip of the 5 who control the mindless mass!

WHO COMPRISES THE goEMAW PENTAVORITE????

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 07, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
So no one else can decipher what the hell dax is talking about?

Tap out noted.

Thanks for all the "info" on APR though Captain Obvious.

This has nothing to do with APR.  :shakesfist:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 07, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
why is everyone throwing such a tamper-tandrum?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
why is everyone throwing such a tamper-tandrum?

... nevermind.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »
When did Dax become such a conformist lemming for the K-State athletic department?  From "disassociated" to "knee jerk apologist."  Sad, really.

he's not apologizing for the AD.  he, unlike many here, refuse to buy the party line that K-State is in the wrong.  you know, that is one of the boxes available to be checked.

Not releasing an athlete when the coach they were recruited by gets fired is flat-out wrong.  Dax is riding the same train as Fitz and the rest of the K-State herd who buy Currie's excuses hook, line, and sinker.
If the price to ride the John Currie Express: Destination - Facility Upgrades is the life of some foreign person, sign me up!!
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 07, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »

Do you understand his ever changing viewpoint on Leti harming our APR? No one else has attempted to decipher for me what he is saying so I'm starting to think he was just full of crap but not wanting to acknowledge that he was called on it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 07, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »

It is not incredibly dumb for Currie not to grant the release if the player is going to damage the APR scores.  I know no one here has all the facts, in fact, everyone here and ESPN has the absolute bare minimum level of facts . .  but possibly they wanted her to complete the semester and hopefully do well?

It's a simple set of questions.  Why should K-State just automatically give in to her demands if she is part of some package deal for a former K-State coach, and why should K-State just automatically give in if her transfer is going to damage K-State's APR?

The high APR of women's sports is absolutely immaterial to the discussion, why take a hit because some player wants to bail possibly as part of a package deal with a former coach? 

I was fully aware of WBB's APR, I've been following APR, the Federal Graduation Rate  and GSR for years.

Again, the status of the rest of the team is immaterial to this discussion.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 07, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »

Do you understand his ever changing viewpoint on Leti harming our APR? No one else has attempted to decipher for me what he is saying so I'm starting to think he was just full of crap but not wanting to acknowledge that he was called on it.

dude there's not a chance in hell I want to try and keep up with his or anyone else's arguments in this thread

:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 07, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
B
I
L E T I
A
S

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 07, 2014, 09:04:01 PM »
goSHEEPmaw

EVERYONE GET YOUR DICKS OUT!

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 07, 2014, 10:05:05 PM »
I WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL JAY BILAS ENDS JOHN CURRIE'S THROAT!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 07, 2014, 10:20:33 PM »

:sdeek:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »

I see all your stuff over on the phog Beems.  You're the very definition of a ku propagandist.  You're a walking, talking, typing ku glossy brochure who touts the ku party line at every possible opportunity . . . with thousands of posts on a K-State bulletin board no less.  You're the last effing person to start referencing anybody else as an apologist.   

MIR keeps talking about the team APR score, or individual academic accolades.  All of which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.   Individual student athletes make up the APR composite.   Why should K-State potentially (Possibly, maybe) take an APR hit because one player wanted a transfer (possibly as part of a package deal) 12 minutes after the previous staff got fired?   Reasonable question. 

Why should K-State just immediately acquiesce to the transfer demands of a current player who may have been part of a tampering situation?  Yet another reasonable question.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37:49 PM »

I see all your stuff over on the phog Beems.  You're the very definition of a ku propagandist.  You're a walking, talking, typing ku glossy brochure who touts the ku party line at every possible opportunity . . . with thousands of posts on a K-State bulletin board no less.  You're the last effing person to start referencing anybody else as an apologist.   

MIR keeps talking about the team APR score, or individual academic accolades.  All of which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.   Individual student athletes make up the APR composite.   Why should K-State potentially (Possibly, maybe) take an APR hit because one player wanted a transfer (possibly as part of a package deal) 12 minutes after the previous staff got fired?   Reasonable question. 

Why should K-State just immediately acquiesce to the transfer demands of a current player who may have been part of a tampering situation?  Yet another reasonable question.

SoDJ the HedgewordHog

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 07, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »
Can we deport this thing?

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 08, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/05/leticia_romero_kansas_state_this_is_the_case_that_shows_why_college_athletes.html

now slate is piling on. 
frankly i'm not sure why there is so much discussion on this, i mean wgaf.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 08, 2014, 02:34:48 PM »
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2014/05/leticia_romero_kansas_state_this_is_the_case_that_shows_why_college_athletes.html

now slate is piling on. 

Didn't read more than the first paragraph.  Whole thing seemed luked.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 08, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »
K-State's PR department has this thing right where they want it. Just waiting for it to snowball just a bit more before unleashing our secret bit of information and making ourselves look like studs probably.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »
some tampering cat burgler was sneaking into the KSU house but KSU was on red alert and heard them coming. KSU stepped out of bed, winked at the sleeping wife like a complete stud in control of the situation, grabbed their biggest gun stashed in the night stand for this very situation, and confidently blew their own dick off.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »

now slate is piling on. 

of course they're piling on. I'm not sure why you don't understand bad PR.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 08, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
some tampering cat burgler was sneaking into the KSU house but KSU was on red alert and heard them coming. KSU stepped out of bed, winked at the sleeping wife like a complete stud in control of the situation, grabbed their biggest gun stashed in the night stand for this very situation, and confidently blew their own dick off.

Lesson: don't eff with us, tamperers.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »
She signed a NLI which is binding for one full academic year (two full time semesters). It's a contract binding you to an institution. She signed the contract, K-State paid for a year of her education and for her to play basketball. Completely reasonable for K-State to not release her. She signed the agreement, end of story.

But, apparently Jay Bilas and all these other dumb asses don't think there should be any accountability on the part of the student.