Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219121 times)

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »
Is the happiness with an NIT and Jake vs. Angel discussion like, way more boring than our AD putting out rumors that Angel is transferring because Angel (or people close to Angel) will get paid?

Not sure if you are saying I am the AD, but I never said anything about anyone getting paid.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »
Is the happiness with an NIT and Jake vs. Angel discussion like, way more boring than our AD putting out rumors that Angel is transferring because Angel (or people close to Angel) will get paid?

Not sure if you are saying I am the AD, but I never said anything about anyone getting paid.

it was strongly implied

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »

it was strongly implied
very strongly

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

Playing word games with people are just as smart if not smarter than you seems like a losing proposition.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »

Playing word games with people are just as smart if not smarter than you seems like a losing proposition.

No word games my friend  :)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2013, 10:14:26 AM »
Word game issues

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2013, 10:20:41 AM »
word game toughness

#hardcorescrabble

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

No word games my friend  :)

Are we going to dime out Miami for tampering?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »
when i read through yesterday's discussion with ccrap, i assumed his initial reference to financial toughness was a hint to expect art to go pro rather than end up at another school.  i was surprised everyone who responded to him immediately jumped on it as a reference to weird clumsy cheating instead.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
Currie should confiscate Angel's cellphone and search for Miami text messages

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
when i read through yesterday's discussion with ccrap, i assumed his initial reference to financial toughness was a hint to expect art to go pro rather than end up at another school.  i was surprised everyone who responded to him immediately jumped on it as a reference to weird clumsy cheating instead.

WORD GAMES

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »

it was announced Angel was transferring, not going pro. cc also said Angel wouldn't get paid, but people close to him would benefit financially. So those facts probably had a lot to do with my reaction.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »

it was announced Angel was transferring, not going pro. cc also said Angel wouldn't get paid, but people close to him would benefit financially. So those facts probably had a lot to do with my reaction.

You're adding a word to what I said:

Angel wants to be closer to his family, always has. Been an issue with him since he enrolled. There are some things that K-State will never be able to offer that other places can in terms of location. Whatever you want K-State to do for Angel, it won't change that fact. But other people will benefit from having Angel closer to home.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 25, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »

yeah, he was vague and a little backpedally; i'm by no means sure my initial supposition was correct.  but since he's repeatedly and forcefully (for him) denied trying to hint at cheating, it seems like a more productive avenue for continued questioning, if people still wish to engage him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »

yeah, he was vague and a little backpedally; i'm by no means sure my initial supposition was correct.  but since he's repeatedly and forcefully (for him) denied trying to hint at cheating, it seems like a more productive avenue for continued questioning, if people still wish to engage him.

I also assumed he meant trying his hand at professional basketball. I now don't think that's what he meant though.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »

Trying to give context for his departure. Obviously can't get into specifics, so toeing the line on info will mean it will sometimes be vague or open to interpretation. Just want to make sure it's not being taken as an accusation of paying players, never meant to imply that.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

Trying to give context for his departure. Obviously can't get into specifics, so toeing the line on info will mean it will sometimes be vague or open to interpretation. Just want to make sure it's not being taken as an accusation of paying players, never meant to imply that.

You didn't do a very good job of not implying that but i will take your word for it

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
I think its the implication that his family (or people close him) were/are getting paid. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 25, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
I think its the implication that his family (or people close him) were/are getting paid.
This is how I took it.  That the change won't financially benefit Angel directly, but others would. 

I also took it as not simply being the cost diff of plane tickets.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »

Well, pretty much everyone assumed he was wanting to go home, and really, were pretty satisfied with that explanation (but still blame oscar somewhat, which isn't entirely unreasonable.)

Coming in and hinting at a lack of "financial toughness" at worst sounds like an accusation of cheating and at best implies Angel is leaving because his family is poor but will benefit financially because of the move. Do you think your addition is a better explanation than just "wanting to be closer to home"?

Who does that additional context benefit? Certainly not Angel.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
"I can't tell you why but you are all wrong and stupid and overreacting"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2013, 02:22:53 PM »
"I can't tell you why but you are all wrong and stupid and overreacting"

that's echoed a lot here, by a lot of people

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
Still trying to figure out what oscar Weber could have done to alter the situation.

-Give Angel the most minutes this last year?

-Told Angel to take more shots?

-Smiled when Angel had one of his regular "WTF" plays instead of just frown a little? 

-Chew Angel out relentlessly, following him all the way to his seat, then go back to his seat and continue to berate Angel while pretending to talk to an assistant? 

What exactly??

Golly ,Sexy Shane tweeted last night that this is the happiest he's been in years playing the game of basketball, and it showed this last season.  Finally out of the glaring eye of Frank Martin who hounded him relentlessly for every single little mistake. 

Confounding, I tell ya . . . confounding.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
Is this like when Wilt left KU early because he felt he let the school down in the NCAA tournament?

:dunno:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:57:36 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

catzacker

« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
I think the confusion is this:  if i is just "closer to home" then fine.  But if it is transfer (not pro) to be closer to home And financial reasons it seems an odd pairing considering crossing an ocean is involved.  I mean if he goes pro, then whatever, but if he transfers to miami and his mom stays in puerto rico and he visits her (or her him) with the same frequency as now, then angel just wanted to not be at ksu.  I mean I guess a connecing flight from dallas instead of a direct from miami could be the culprit.  Some of reasons just seem inconsistent with the reality of their result.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:37:55 PM by catzacker »