Author Topic: one year delayed, eh cap'n?  (Read 219154 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: one year delayed, eh cap'n?
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Some tweets claiming to be close to the team were saying that there was a lot of favoritism in and out of the locker room and that was a major factor for Angel to leave.  Same guy also said that angel is not a quiet guy and that he has no doubt that angel will clear the air on this soon.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
Some tweets claiming to be close to the team were saying that there was a lot of favoritism in and out of the locker room and that was a major factor for Angel to leave.  Same guy also said that angel is not a quiet guy and that he has no doubt that angel will clear the air on this soon.

Hmm, favoritism.   Like when one player only gets chewed for every third mistake, but another gets hammered for just blinking wrong?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 25, 2013, 03:13:50 PM »

Hmm, favoritism.   Like when one player only gets chewed for every third mistake, but another gets hammered for just blinking wrong?

It probably depends.  I mean, part of leading is understanding the correct way to motivate each member of your team. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 25, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
Isn't favortism in athletics more often than not demonstrated in things like playing time??

Or did oscar often override Angel's resturant preference for things like Sonic instead?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 25, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
yeah, the favortism thing is bullshit. He's obviously not financially tough.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
I'm sticking with the "Wilt Thesis."  Not tournament tough.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
Nothing says you're not a favorite like playing the 2nd most minutes on the team.

Frankites currently desperate to find anything.   Sad

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 25, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
Isn't favortism in athletics more often than not demonstrated in things like playing time??

Or did oscar often override Angel's resturant preference for things like Sonic instead?

Good question.  Who knows what is important to Angel or the other individuals.  A good leader should know that stuff too.

The frankite thing is not relevant here, btw. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »

Good question.  Who knows what is important to Angel or the other individuals.  A good leader should know that stuff too.

Sure it is, because you can see the desperation, every little thing pointing elsewhere besides the current staff as to why Angel is leaving . . . and the Frankites really can't hide their disappointment.

You're channeling your inner Frankite with this whole "a good leader" line of BS.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 25, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

Sure it is, because you can see the desperation, every little thing pointing elsewhere besides the current staff as to why Angel is leaving . . . and the Frankites really can't hide their disappointment.

You're channeling your inner Frankite with this whole "a good leader" line of BS.

Not so.  you can apply my good leader notes toward pretty much anything and they are accurate.  You seem like a guy who would understand that. 

This has nothing to do with Frank and hasn't for a while now(for me at least).

Simply apply them against some information that came over twitter. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »
maybe art is transferring because weber showed favoritism against jhr by hardly playing him at all even though he was obviously one of the team's best players.  cause that was some bullshit.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
When I read a dax post, all I hear in my head is the tape repeating at the doomed Milli Vanilli concert.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »

You sure talk about Frank quite a bit, like, more than is reasonable. I've got a framed picture of the man on my wall, right next to my Frank Martin autographed basketball, and I can't remember my last post about Frank. Get over it dude.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »
dax is definitely the most butthurt of all about Frank leaving.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2013, 09:02:44 AM »
FTR, I think it is still ok to miss frank, but not ok to still be comparing everything to him or wishing him failure.  A full season later, we officially have crossed the WGAF line and should be comparing oscar to coaches we should hire rather than coaches we already fired.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »
It's easy to bring out the Frankites, particularly Kougs.   I can't mention Frank anywhere without drawing a response from Kougs, he's like the dumb coyote who comes running at the sounds of the bleating rabbit, and then BLAM, the .223 right in the skull. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
dax is definitely the most butthurt of all about Frank leaving.

i dunno, there's some pretty tough competition.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
It's easy to bring out the Frankites, particularly Kougs.   I can't mention Frank anywhere without drawing a response from Kougs, he's like the dumb coyote who comes running at the sounds of the bleating rabbit, and then BLAM, the .223 right in the skull. 

Another violent threat? Tsk tsk.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2013, 02:05:13 AM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »
will ask!   :thumbs:   :fatty:

How did this conversation go, eh cap'n?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
did not ask, #tictock

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2013, 09:33:41 AM »
did not ask, #tictock

You're on the clock, which is ticking.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
that's a good point about the clock but also wasn't sure i wanted to ask him b/c rick daris said maybe not to, #tock #eh?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
that's a good point about the clock but also wasn't sure i wanted to ask him b/c rick daris said maybe not to, #tock #eh?

That's the same reason I thought you SHOULD ask him.  Just shoot him an email and cc daris.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »

That's the same reason I thought you SHOULD ask him.  Just shoot him an email and cc daris.

bcc me