Author Topic: Marcus smart staying  (Read 12256 times)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Marcus smart staying
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »
Maybe Smart doesn't want to make the same mistake as Beasley.   Beas really needed at least another year.

I don't think Smart has the character issues that Beasley had.

Congratulations, I'm going to kick the living crap out of you in real life

Offline 60scat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus smart staying
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
He could be more mature than the Beas.   I don't know enough about him, but from the games I saw another year won't hurt him.   It'd be fine with me if he moves on.    I didn't mean for half of the board to get their panties in a wad over my view.    Lighten up and live longer.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2013, 12:15:55 PM »
He could be more mature than the Beas.   I don't know enough about him, but from the games I saw another year won't hurt him.   It'd be fine with me if he moves on.    I didn't mean for half of the board to get their panties in a wad over my view.    Lighten up and live longer.

good job, now i'm going to kick the ass of whatever's left of you after stevedave kicks your ass.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
Beasley should have stayed another year just so we could have seen him and Clemente play together  :frown:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
If Beas had stayed all 4 years, how many national championships would he have won? I think probably 2.

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »
I guess i feel validated.  Dude would get destroyed by nba point guard.

FWIW, I sat next to an NBA Scout at the BXII Tourney during the OKSU/Baylor game. I never got his name, but he scouts for the Wizards, and was their Interim coach a few years back. He was a GREAT guy & we chatted most of the first half. I chastized the NBA for always drafting on purely potential, and letting guys that put in the time like McGruder/Pullen/et all slip through the cracks...he said McGruder would end up in a camp, he loved everything about him, he just needed to be able to add the ability to create his own shot to get minutes in the league.

Anyway, a Squak fan was behind us trying to railroad our conversation...asking about Withey (Scout said he'll get destroyed, doesn't have adequate lower body strength to post up vs NBA bigs, and they'll just abuse him unless he adds a lot of lower body strength) & McLemore (Scout loved him, but wished he wouldn't shy away from spotlight). He said that he thought McLemore would get drafted higher than Smart b/c of athleticism, but Smart would be a MUCH better pro player.

It was awesome talking to that guy, he HATED Nash for OKSU...said he had the worst body language of any player that could become something he'd ever seen. He got fouled on a drive that wasn't called...loafed back on defense then got the ball on offense near half court on next posession...he told me, "Watch, he's going to shoot here because he's pissed he didn't get that fould last drive," Sure as crap, 5 seconds later, he threw up a brick & loafed back on D again.

Oh, and he LOVED oscar Weber...while he was interim coach in NBA, he had Dee Brown on his team...said he was always in the right place on the court and Brown always spoke highly of Weber when they would talk on the side. He said KSU was one of the best coached college offenses he'd watched all season...

Don't  :goodbyecruelworld: me, just relaying what he said (like a month late)
Anyone who loves oscar Weber doesn't know anything about basketball. You got trolled purple cat, trolled hard.

Also I used comic sans on that part because you are dumb.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:33 PM »
marcus smart has game and i'm glad he is spending another year in college, in the big 12.  it's pretty stupid to be upset that he's staying, fwiw.  so shut up on that point.

In what way? I'm not glad he's staying because he should be getting paid for what he does and Travis Ford should stop being so damn selfish and Coach Cal this kid. It is ridiculous that anyone would do anything but tell him he has to go when he is a guaranteed top 10 pick. Next years draft is projecting as one of the best in recent memory and that was with Smart leaving in this year's garbage draft.

Maybe the kid just wants to play another year of college ball? Maybe he likes being an amateur and living that lifestyle? Maybe he enjoys getting an education and spending time with "kids" his age? Maybe he wants to get better and achieve more on this level before going to the next one?

In response to your point on draft strength: what exactly is wrong with ending up toward the middle of the draft? If you're a solid play and end up having a full career, you'll ultimately be better off by getting drafted to a solid team instead of a being like John Wall and going to the abysmal wizards...

Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

FWIW, I sat next to an NBA Scout at the BXII Tourney during the OKSU/Baylor game. I never got his name, but he scouts for the Wizards, and was their Interim coach a few years back. He was a GREAT guy & we chatted most of the first half. I chastized the NBA for always drafting on purely potential, and letting guys that put in the time like McGruder/Pullen/et all slip through the cracks...he said McGruder would end up in a camp, he loved everything about him, he just needed to be able to add the ability to create his own shot to get minutes in the league.

Anyway, a Squak fan was behind us trying to railroad our conversation...asking about Withey (Scout said he'll get destroyed, doesn't have adequate lower body strength to post up vs NBA bigs, and they'll just abuse him unless he adds a lot of lower body strength) & McLemore (Scout loved him, but wished he wouldn't shy away from spotlight). He said that he thought McLemore would get drafted higher than Smart b/c of athleticism, but Smart would be a MUCH better pro player.

It was awesome talking to that guy, he HATED Nash for OKSU...said he had the worst body language of any player that could become something he'd ever seen. He got fouled on a drive that wasn't called...loafed back on defense then got the ball on offense near half court on next posession...he told me, "Watch, he's going to shoot here because he's pissed he didn't get that fould last drive," Sure as crap, 5 seconds later, he threw up a brick & loafed back on D again.

Oh, and he LOVED oscar Weber...while he was interim coach in NBA, he had Dee Brown on his team...said he was always in the right place on the court and Brown always spoke highly of Weber when they would talk on the side. He said KSU was one of the best coached college offenses he'd watched all season...

Anyone who loves oscar Weber doesn't know anything about basketball. You got trolled purple cat, trolled hard.

FYI, the "sans" part of "comic sans" applies to every bit of text on this site. Also FYI, go drink some bleach.
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:15 AM »
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »

FYI, the "sans" part of "comic sans" applies to every bit of text on this site. Also FYI, go drink some bleach.

Wrong You dumb cat fan, you don't even know what serifs are, you are talking to a graphic designer. Go drink urine.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013