Author Topic: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas  (Read 65789 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another Round Of Applause For Kansas
« Reply #675 on: November 10, 2022, 06:58:19 PM »
Personally I’d love to be a player for the Olathe Norths. Go North!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 10, 2022, 08:43:56 PM »
Hot take. Mascots are rough ridin' dumb.

If your from Topeka directional high school, your basketball team should be Topeka Directional. 

Forcing some symbol into the mix is dumb. Just go rough ridin' lose to (insert private school who cheats by being able to recruit and stuff) without calling yourselves the turtles or bears or wranglers or whatever.

I kinda like Lions, Tigers, Bulldogs. Trojans and Eagles seem to be over-represented.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 10, 2022, 09:01:19 PM »
Why not just name the three remaining schools in the country that aren't already called the Wildcats the Wildcats?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 11, 2022, 12:12:38 AM »

If your from Topeka directional high school, your basketball team should be Topeka Directional. 

Forcing some symbol into the mix is dumb. Just go rough ridin' lose to (insert private school who cheats by being able to recruit and stuff) without calling yourselves the turtles or bears or wranglers or whatever.

My daughter's school has a different mascot for every sport at the school and it absolutely rules. Just fun chaos

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2022, 02:04:10 AM »
Yeah, who rough ridin' cares. The least important news of the night.

If he wins the general, I'm afraid you're going to rue this day. Attorneys General, especially ones who are activist and politically driven have a eff ton of power. Weirdly enough Schmidt winning would probably be better for somewhat controlling Kkkobach and how he'd behave as an AG.
Well, crap. Hope you're not right.  :sdeek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2022, 07:20:44 AM »

My daughter's school has a different mascot for every sport at the school and it absolutely rules. Just fun chaos

What if you want a shirt to support the entire school?  Brooklyn Zoo?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2022, 08:12:57 AM »

What if you want a shirt to support the entire school?  Brooklyn Zoo?
Probably just the school name with the crest on it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2022, 08:18:48 AM »

Spoken like someone who went to a school with a generic as hell mascot. I wore a Garden City High Buffaloes shirt to tennis on Wednesday night and another player asked me about it.

Also Liberal, still out here in 2022-23 flaunting being the Redskins and their mascot and sports teams are secondarily named "Angry Red."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2022, 08:25:16 AM »
I had 9-game football seasons where we played 3 Indians and 2 Wildcats. Over half were Indians or Wildcats!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 11, 2022, 08:28:15 AM »

Spoken like someone who went to a school with a generic as hell mascot. I wore a Garden City High Buffaloes shirt to tennis on Wednesday night and another player asked me about it.

Also Liberal, still out here in 2022-23 flaunting being the Redskins and their mascot and sports teams are secondarily named "Angry Red."

Smith Center Redmen too. The women are the Lady Red.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 11, 2022, 08:51:45 AM »

Braves, so yeah.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 11, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »
Are mythological creatures (Dragons) OK?

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 11, 2022, 09:13:07 AM »
i think all mascots should be animals. when i was in highschool my neighbor (went to the same high school as me) told me that he would tease my dad (went to rival high school - Wichita SE Buffaloes) by chanting during games "WHAT DO WE EAT? BUFFALO MEAT!"

and full disclosure i never attempted to get that chant going nor did i ever hear anyone do it, but i can imagine how that was probably quite the gas in the 70s and probably got a lot of laughs and high fives.

get wrecked buffs, lmao

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: November 11, 2022, 09:28:34 AM »
Then there's McPherson - Bullpups - simply because Mac College was using Bulldogs.  Not that there was any intrinsic link between the two.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 11, 2022, 01:40:48 PM »

the dumbest thing ever posted on this blog

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2022, 01:46:44 PM »

i'd normally let this kind of hyperbole slide but i know you've been down here in the pit this week

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2022, 01:50:33 PM »

i'd normally let this kind of hyperbole slide but i know you've been down here in the pit this week
that take exceeds it.  Go Shawnee Mission Northwest Basketball Team! Show'em what northwest Shawnee Mission is all about when it comes to all things basketball!

hogwash

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2022, 01:56:00 PM »
Nothing DQ hates more than messing with a tradition
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2022, 01:57:13 PM »
Nothing DQ hates more than messing with a tradition
This is a very accurate assessment of my general psyche.  I'm very tradition oriented.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2022, 04:55:44 PM »

that take exceeds it.  Go Shawnee Mission Northwest Basketball Team! Show'em what northwest Shawnee Mission is all about when it comes to all things basketball!

hogwash

I personally don't get the need for a spirit animal.  Who started that anyway? 

Let's build a stadium, hire a guy who knows how to teach the sport, buy a crap ton of uniforms and stuff, encourage the kids to play, pay for refs, organize a conference of other schools and convince them all of a common set of rules and such, then play some games?

Cool, but what kind of animal are we?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2022, 05:20:02 PM »

Liberal, still out here in 2022-23 flaunting being the Redskins and their mascot and sports teams are secondarily named "Angry Red."

Is that real??

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2022, 05:23:17 PM »
English Premier league teams aren’t referred to by their mascots. They have them, but they are more just the “Willie the wildcat” walking around saying hi to kids.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 11, 2022, 05:24:36 PM »
English Premier league teams aren’t referred to by their mascots. They have them, but they are more just the “Willie the wildcat” walking around saying hi to kids.

Most of them have nicknames they are referred to by.

COYG!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 05:29:11 PM by Justwin »